MP Sweepstake

Batman

Only utterly stupid thing was to sack Puel for him

Plenty! The lack of ambition is the problem not the ticket paying public who warned the creativity is not here. The Southampton way is bull**** over the long term. I hope our new owner is more ambitious

Only utterly stupid thing was to sack Puel for him

Plenty of people would like the Saints job. The lack of ambition is the problem not the ticket paying public who warned the creativity is not here. The Southampton way is bull**** over the long term. I hope our new owner is more ambitious

I have a good eye about a manager's ability.

always rated Silva when the naysayers told me he was very average.

can tell already that MP will do well to last the season. Looks clueless!!

Terrible appointment...

Will add that the lack of pace and threat up front is criminal. Why on earth we never addressed this in the summer is completely odd

Terrible appointment...

Will add that the lack of pace and threat up front is criminal. Why on earth we never addressed this in the summer is completely odd

Uncle Jamie? Stranger things have happened.

Terrible appointment...

I see you are hedging your bets. Your "good eye" let you down last season as Puel wasn't gone by Christmas, so you have learnt from that mistake and have given yourself a few more months.

As for your "good eye" it doesn't seem to extend to players does it? How many decent players have you slagged off? Shall we start with Pelle?

Terrible appointment...

Silva is very average and no you do not have a good eye.

Threads like this are fcking retarded and I'd be embarrassed to put my name to such a thing, 5 games and we've lost one game and people start threads like this. There are not enough facepalms in the world.

Edited by tajjuk

The signs aren't great but when 3 championship standard midfielders are in our starting line up what can he do.

I like to see teams playing quick one twos in and around the edge of their opponents box.

It seems like we are obsessed with getting crosses in.

No style implemented at all so far.

We missed Lemina and need sims

Agree with you on 3 Championship standard midfielders - need a major midfield overhaul in Jan apart from Rom and Lemina. Might have to take a bath on Boufal's value - probably half of what we paid. Hope Reed/Wilson under pressure. How did Choboloah (spelling) slip away? Clearly a few of our players know him judging by before the game. Was a snip for Watford.

Re:Sims, did you post recently that he's out until Xmas? Gutted if so.

Lemina is a must, Rom missed him already.

Silva is very average and no you do not have a good eye.

Threads like this are fcking retarded and I'd be embarrassed to put my name to such a thing, 5 games and we've lost one game and people start threads like this. There are not enough facepalms in the world.

Sadly, you swear and go, being rude, and don't even realise we have actually lost 2 games. Wolves reserves and Watford. So get your facts right before berating others eh?

If Silva gets Watford to 8th & a cup final, do you think he'll have done a good job?

If Silva takes Watford from 17th to 8th with that Watford squad then he would have done amazing. Top 10 is the absolute limit for that Watford squad.

Puel took us from 6th (63 points) to 8th (46 points) with easily the 7th best squad in the premier league.

FYI he (Puel) wasn't sacked for finishing 8th. He was sacked for his horrendous football, lack of goals and relationships with players and fans. HTH

Wow. People are going to pieces.

It's September. Slow down. Wait.

Alp's and H you both get capital C's for behaving like total C's. You two are not alone in acting like total C's so early in the season, Batman. Focusing on you two because I think that you appreciate the heads up, others tend to get a bit uptight when given help and support.

If Silva takes Watford from 17th to 8th with that Watford squad then he would have done amazing. Top 10 is the absolute limit for that Watford squad.

Puel took us from 6th (63 points) to 8th (46 points) with easily the 7th best squad in the premier league.

FYI he (Puel) wasn't sacked for finishing 8th. He was sacked for his horrendous football, lack of goals and relationships with players and fans. HTH

Easily the 7th best squad in the league?

Make your mind up Glasgow. Yesterday you claimed that our squad was bang average when others challenged you, as alleged poster boy for the Puel out crowd, why we hadn’t seen a massive bounce back under Pellegrino.

Edited by shurlock

trying not to panic yet but cant see that he has actually implemented his own style yet. i remember when poch came in and replaced adkins and his first game in charge you could see the differance his pressing tactics happened instantly in our first game. was hoping for a simular impact from the new mauricio but lets give him time

Make your mind up Glasgow. Yesterday you claimed that our squad was bang average when others challenged you, as alleged poster boy for the Puel out crowd, why we hadn’t seen a massive bounce back under Pellegrino.

Arf.

Terrible appointment...

Christ, this is up there with one of your worst posts, that's saying something.

Sad indictment if the premier league mate. Top 6 and the rest I'm afraid

6 months is a long time in the premier league and while we've largely stood still other clubs have now closed the gap or (Everton) now stronger than us.

You can be bang average and still 7th best - welcome to the premier league these days squire

Well done Les on building "Easily the 7th best squad in the league". No mean feat.

All over the shop.

Think youre confusing building with inheriting.

Our little Italian banker aka "Mr 4 years" built the mansion, Leslie aka Mr 50 years just had to water the plants..... Not sell everything.... Doh

Think youre confusing building with inheriting.

Our little Italian banker aka "Mr 4 years" built the mansion, Leslie aka Mr 50 years just had to water the plants..... Not sell everything.... Doh

Last season you said we had easily the seventh best squad in the league. Easily.

It takes a special little guy to give credit for that to an administrator who left three years before. Bless x x x

Christ, this is up there with one of your worst posts, that's saying something.

what is bad about it?

people laughed when I said Puel was not our future...I was shot down and told 'saints simply do not sack managers who get 8th and a cup final'

I did say Puel would do well to last beyond xmas. guess he did well to do just that (was gone soon after though)

I get the same feel with MP. Nothing he has done is remotely positive/good. Apart from a good prezzer

we have much tougher games coming up, not a millions miles away from Big Sam coming in to steady the ship

Edited by Batman

Not calling for his head, but slightly concerned that the summer was just a prolonged mid season break as aside from the Wolves experiment, we seem to be managed by a goldfish, 4-2-3-1, this Saturday we are going to play 4-2-3-1, this Saturday for a change we are going to play 4-2-3-1.

Listening to the post match interview on Solent, was a tad concerning: it was like a weak swimmer had been thrown in the deep end of a very big swimming pool and then the lights had been turned out over an hour ago!!!

As has been said already it's only 4 games......... But no goals from 8 of the last 9 home games!?!!

Seems like we are sat in an M C Escher optical illusion painting!

what is bad about it?

people laughed when I said Puel was not our future...I was shot down and told 'saints simply do not sack managers who get 8th and a cup final'

I did say Puel would do well to last beyond xmas. guess he did well to do just that (was gone soon after though)

I get the same feel with MP. Nothing he has done is remotely positive/good. Apart from a good prezzer

we have much tougher games coming up, not a millions miles away from Big Sam coming in to steady the ship

The fact you bigged yourself up saying you "have a good eye for a manager", I switched off after that.

trying not to panic yet but cant see that he has actually implemented his own style yet. i remember when poch came in and replaced adkins and his first game in charge you could see the differance his pressing tactics happened instantly in our first game. was hoping for a simular impact from the new mauricio but lets give him time

This is my concern. It's not just the results, in fact it's definitely not the results as disappointing as they are. It's a discernible pattern of play, a clear tactical plan. He currently looks out of his depth.

With no Euro or League cup football he now has week after week of uninterrupted coaching time with a fully fit squad including three additions to Puel's squad. Let's see what he is made of

This is my concern. It's not just the results, in fact it's definitely not the results as disappointing as they are. It's a discernible pattern of play, a clear tactical plan. He currently looks out of his depth.

With no Euro or League cup football he now has week after week of uninterrupted coaching time with a fully fit squad including three additions to Puel's squad. Let's see what he is made of

I agree that's what worries me he is a rabbit in the headlights, substitution by numbers and making the same mistakes Puel made at home.

Claude had some very good away results but struggled tactically at home he also had VVD and Fonte up until Christmas - Pellegrino is making the same horrific mistakes ...why....with Black/Watson still on the payroll to provide continuity they can tell him what nearly every Saints fan knows - Davis and JWP cannot play in the same midfield and certainly JWP is not a number 10 did we not learn that in pre-season friendlies when he was a fish out of water.

No matter how much LD want his love god back...Puel went because he refused what his bosses wanted - if the board sacked him because of the fans how come we still have 6ft 7 concrete boots, Tadic, Boufal and JWP anywhere near the first team...havent signed Aguero, Messi or Berahino?

Pellegrino needs to find the team an identity and playing style that works...when he cant even make a substitution that is screaming out not sure he can unless he transforms from that crouched sad figure we saw on Saturday to Mourinho.

McCarthy in goal, Lemina has to play , Long had his best spell up through middle - Gabbi has to have some support put Gabbi next to Long left side of a front 2 we just may even have 2 players for the midfield to pass to who can move. Try it that failing formation doesn't work...why can't they see that?

Managers involvement in transfers these days is absolutely minimal.

That is my point. The recruitment has been terrible for a while now. The managers aren't being adequately backed, so why do the fans always turn on the managers when a large portion of the blame for lack of squad depth is nothing to do with them?

Do we think he can change it? I've not seen any signs so far that we are improving at all. We looked all over the place against Watford. We lacked energy, determination and desire. Watford pressed us and left me envious of their fans this year. We can't seem to play at a high tempo or press as a unit.

What's gone wrong. I hope to god the manager can sort this but how long should it take to see some improvement?