MP Sweepstake

Batman

We have a clueless and inept manager. Les has driven this once magnificent club into the ground even though Courtesse already had buried it. Ralph does nothing for his multi million wage packet. Half our players are championship level at best and the rest hate playing for Saints. The academy is a laughing stock and has produced a decent player since the Ox. Kat is just a leech and couldn't give ish about her fathers dreams. Gao is only here to asset strip to the very last bone. Our support is a silent joke and those that do make any noise or sing are clowns. Is there anything that I've missed out in the how to be a true swebber?

Adkins lost 8 out of the 10 games in the Prem thats why he was shown the door

Adkins was manager for 22 games in the premier league. He / we did lose 8 of the first 10 games but he then turned it around and in the last 12 games we lost just 2 (drew 6 and won 4)

I guess the decision was probably already made and in hindsight Mopo is/was a better manager than Nigel so was absolutely the correct decision. Kudos Cortese

Are Puel and/or MP better than Nigel - very debatable.

I think we'll lost against Palace. Sadly, I'm really not expecting anything to improve as I'm not sure MP really knows what he's doing. He looks totally out of his depth. That line up & performance against Wolves being the prime example.

Knowing how slow Les is to react, he'll probably get rid with 6 games to go by which time it'll be too late.

We have a clueless and inept manager. Les has driven this once magnificent club into the ground even though Courtesse already had buried it. Ralph does nothing for his multi million wage packet. Half our players are championship level at best and the rest hate playing for Saints. The academy is a laughing stock and has produced a decent player since the Ox. Kat is just a leech and couldn't give ish about her fathers dreams. Gao is only here to asset strip to the very last bone. Our support is a silent joke and those that do make any noise or sing are clowns. Is there anything that I've missed out in the how to be a true swebber?

For the older posters you could have added something about Lowe, other than that, you are good to go!

Perhaps Watford are just a good side? They made Bmth look ordinary and Bmth gave City a game at home. They drew with champions elect and every bodies favourite team, 3-3 and only had 10 men against Brighton but still drew..maybe at the end of the season it may not seem as bad a result?

Perhaps Watford are just a good side? They made Bmth look ordinary and Bmth gave City a game at home. They drew with champions elect and every bodies favourite team, 3-3 and only had 10 men against Brighton but still drew..maybe at the end of the season it may not seem as bad a result?

I do think it is important to give credit to Watford for their attacking play, it was genuinely exciting to watch at times and they will put plenty of goals past teams better than Southampton. Bit hard to comment on their defence after watching them against Saints' macramé forward play though...

All we have to do is start playing 2 up top for a while.

If not at least play Gabby out wide for a bit and Austin as the CF.

Its certainly not that simplistic.

Playing two strikers is a misnomer if you don't get the ball to them. Against Watford we lost the battle in the centre of midfield so having a static Austin instead of say, Redmond would have made zero difference.

We need to play our attscking midfielders (Tadic, Redmond, Boufal) into some form or find a way for them to be effective.

Derry-esque selections with no midfielders won't be the solution.

Its certainly not that simplistic.

Playing two strikers is a misnomer if you don't get the ball to them. Against Watford we lost the battle in the centre of midfield so having a static Austin instead of say, Redmond would have made zero difference.

We need to play our attscking midfielders (Tadic, Redmond, Boufal) into some form or find a way for them to be effective.

Derry-esque selections with no midfielders won't be the solution.

Where has Derry suggested no midfield?

He has put forward some suggestions on what he thinks will work.

One up front is working so well isn't it!

Shocking as it may seem under Koeman we never played much through midfield either.

Two mobile strikers can work turning the defence round it also gives midfield the chance to pick 2 out rather than a heavily marked one but hey we are scoring for fun in every game why change it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

God there isn't arf some bollx spouted on here! The number of tactical genii makes you wonder why more of them haven't made a fortune touting their knowledge as coaches around the world!
Its a football forum isn't this a place to discuss it maybe you should try bake off?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Basically, if we carry on the way we played at the end of last season, and the start of this, we will be relegated. The players are average and overrated and Les Reed is living in cloud cuckoo land when it comes to the transfer policy. Even our youngsters judging by the results of the U23 team are utter ****e too. Happy days.

There seems to be no accountability up the chain. Martin Hunter seems to be keeping lower profile these days which is hardy surprising given the ineptitude of u18/u23 teams in the last couple of seasons. Results do matter when it comes to player development. Confidence does wonders for players.

I was content after swansea game as I saw attacking intent just ****e finishing but since then it has been really poor. We was lucky to beat west ham make no mistake about that.

If we lose at Palace something needs to give, not sure what exactly as we can't recruit new players until January. I do question what actually gets done on training ground as the team lacks cohesion and identity.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Has he? Manager says everyone is fit and available, except PEH who is away because he has just become a father.

BBC Solent Sport‏ @solentsport 1h1 hour ago

#saintsfc Charlie Austin is Pellegrino's only injury doubt ahead of trip to #cpfc - final decision tomorrow.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

Adam Blackmore‏ @AdamBlackmore 1h1 hour ago

#saintsfc Charlie Austin is Pellegrino's only injury doubt ahead of trip to #cpfc - final decision tomorrow.

1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes

I met the son of former Liverpool owner, Rick Parry in July. He worked with MP at Liverpool. I asked him what he thought about him being appointed Saints manager and his response was "He's a lovely guy but I'm really not sure he's the right man to take Southampton forward. I think he'll struggle. I certainly don't see his appointment as progress after Puel. I know you didn't like his style of football but I thought he did pretty well. I don't think MP will bring anything radically different."

I know it's just an opinion but it's from somebody who worked with the guy so figured it was worth sharing.

Will be interesting to see if there's any press reaction re MP if we lose tomorrow. Given FDB came under pressure after three games it wouldn't surprise me to see a few stories...

Unlike FDB though he has only lost one league game so far. It's all immaterial anyway as saints aren't a knee jerk sacking club, these days, if rumours are to believed they were happy for Puel to stay...I imagine saints boss is one of the least stressful jobs in the PL.

BBC Solent Sport‏ @solentsport 1h1 hour ago

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

Adam Blackmore‏ @AdamBlackmore 1h1 hour ago

1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes

Fair enough, he said in the Presser (1st part) everyone was available and fit. Must have forgotten about Chas.