Wake up...Eric Black is the problem!

saint lard

If a comment is worth making why not back up with some evidence or reasoning ??

I can think of none otherwise...

It was a question not a comment, also the reasoning is most managers try and keep the same back room staff they had at other clubs, I would have thought that bit was obvious.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I personally believe Black has a far et term idea of picking the squad and game tactics than Pellegrino.

We could de far worse than getting shot of Pellegrino and putting Black in charge while to look for a new manager.

Looks like autocorrect may have struck again. My translation: Black has a far better idea of picking the squad and game tactics than Pellegrino.

I don't really believe Eric Black has or had that much influence, so shouldn't be criticised IMO, just like Sammy Lee is lauded on here by some. The difference is we were winning more when Sammy Lee was here. Dave Watson's been here throughout both their spells too.

If a first team coach isn't having much influence on the team, then why are we employing him?

I'm still waiting for evidence. All I read is hearsay and inconclusive stats that could easily be down to other things.

Exactly. This is scapegoatism at its best. No one here has an idea what he does or how good or bad he is. It is just total supposition. Last season we were told on here constantly that he was the problem and that the players hated him and yet he was kept on apparently because he is well liked by the players! The mob needs a sacrificial lamb when things are going wrong and with any supporting evidence, Black is the latest.

We need to stop pandering to what our Senior Players want as on the whole our senior players think they Are a lot better than they are and half want to **** off at the slightest sniff of a pay increase. That is the problem with this team. The mentality and teamwork is completely eroded. A large part of this is that the club message is we accept mediocrity.

How many players and managers who have left need to say the words ‘no ambition’ before it becomes clear where the problem has been growing ever since Poch’s departure.

Official....

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-12-21/eric-black-southampton-senior-first-team-coach-resignation

Southampton Football Club can today confirm that Eric Black has resigned from his position as Senior First Team Coach for personal reasons.

Eric has been suffering the effects of previous back injuries sustained during his playing career, and has decided to address these issues now. Given this could mean a spell out of action, Eric feels the time is right to take a break from the game.

Les Reed, Vice Chairman (Football), said: "Eric Black is a fine coach and a true professional who is popular with the players and staff and always gave 100 per cent to his job. Fortunately, his situation is not serious and we hope he will be back in a tracksuit at some point in the future.

"Everyone at Southampton wishes him a speedy recovery. I would also personally like to thank him for his diligent work during his time with the club.”