Wake up...Eric Black is the problem!

saint lard

Has been at every club he's been at in a coaching role...and is at Saints....

He is vastly more influential than you think.

He's Les Reeds lacky.

Just look at our decline whilst he has been here...look at the other clubs he's had an influence at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on what?

I could also say our decline has coincided with Kenzie Benali doing the match day intro ... coincidence, I think not!

Black may be a shocking coach but you have no proof other than purely circumstantial links. I would suggest our problems are more than just one coach.

He's Les Reeds lacky.

Just look at our decline whilst he has been here...look at the other clubs he's had an influence at.

Saint lARd you sound like AR-10 in your dribbling relentlessness.

He's Les Reeds lacky.

Dave Watson says thanks

It is slightly concerning a key coach came in after a really poor CV and a villa side who couldn't score any goals, and saints coincidentally stopped being able to score goals and all our attackers became far worse than they had been.

Which coincided with the loss of our best attacker (Mane) and a reliable source of goals (Pelle). And replacing them with a number of raw and unproven players.

Based on what?

I could also say our decline has coincided with Kenzie Benali doing the match day intro ... coincidence, I think not!

Black may be a shocking coach but you have no proof other than purely circumstantial links. I would suggest our problems are more than just one coach.

Except she started the season Koeman took over so, no.

It is slightly concerning a key coach came in after a really poor CV and a villa side who couldn't score any goals, and saints coincidentally stopped being able to score goals and all our attackers became far worse than they had been.

Say what you like but I miss the bald fella, sorry Kenzie ...

I do take the point. Black in and things aren't right, but surely, without any supporting evidence, it is a bit of a jump to conclude our inability to score is his fault?

More likely a combination of things. Recruitment, form, morale, tactics, team cohesion, external factors, turnover of managers and players ... I just don't buy that Black could be solely responsible for our woes in front of goal.

Which coincided with the loss of our best attacker (Mane) and a reliable source of goals (Pelle). And replacing them with a number of raw and unproven players.

Definitely when the rot set in. The failure to replace them with quality in our usual ponderous and unimaginative transfer windows.

The problem is the clowns who didn't appreciate the job Claude Puel did. Whether you liked the style or not, we were a well coached side last season. Of course, some you lot knew better.

No they were correct...what we got was someone scared to change things sticking to failing tactics.

Not the fans fault asking for a change and better its the people replacing good for cheap again.

Keep reminding us though if it makes you feel smug..personally want us to play well and win scoring goals.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Black has nothing in his past to recommend him. His time at Villa would tell any prospective employer to steer clear. Wasn't the only reason he turned up at Saints was because he spoke French? The players don't look fit enough to me and that's down to the coaching staff.

No they were correct...what we got was someone scared to change things sticking to failing tactics.

Not the fans fault asking for a change and better its the people replacing good for cheap again.

Keep reminding us though if it makes you feel smug..personally want us to play well and win scoring goals.

How's the change working out?

We won't finish 8th again for a number of years. I bet we don't get to another final for a number of years, but feel free to keep deluding yourself. One day you will wake up and smell the coffee.

How's the change working out?

We won't finish 8th again for a number of years. I bet we don't get to another final for a number of years, but feel free to keep deluding yourself. One day you will wake up and smell the coffee.

Just remind me where Puel is now PSG? Barca? Bayern?

Puel refused to do as he was asked by his bosses but that again is the fans fault I suppose?

He could still be here but refused to change not that should be a shock given he couldn't change tactics or get us a goal in 6 home games.

You ignored the fact none clamoured for Pellegrino just keep gloating and smug because we are doing badly personally want us to do well but it seems you rather be stuck on your Puel love in.

Puel going was correct just maybe Les has fcked it up again with recruitment but early days yet.

Just remind me where Puel is now PSG? Barca? Bayern?

Puel refused to do as he was asked by his bosses but that again is the fans fault I suppose?

He could still be here but refused to change not that should be a shock given he couldn't change tactics or get us a goal in 6 home games.

You ignored the fact none clamoured for Pellegrino just keep gloating and smug because we are doing badly personally want us to do well but it seems you rather be stuck on your Puel love in.

Puel going was correct just maybe Les has fcked it up again with recruitment but early days yet.

Well said. Most wanted us to go for Silva but he was dismissed for being relegated with Hull. Was always concerned at the thought of MP as his goal record with Alaves was dreadful. I was encouraged by some of the comments about him but as yet he's not changed anything.

Well said. Most wanted us to go for Silva but he was dismissed for being relegated with Hull. Was always concerned at the thought of MP as his goal record with Alaves was dreadful. I was encouraged by some of the comments about him but as yet he's not changed anything.
Not sure you have any idea as to why we didn't appoint Silva.

It was a reference to posters on here dismissing him rather than a comment as to why the club didn't appoint him.
If we had appointed him, the reaction would have been overwhelmingly positive, just because that's what happens once someone is appointed - Silva would have been just as popular signing as MP was.

There were just as many disparaging comments about Pellegrino (mid table, barely any goals, only one decent season, notable failure, Puel-alike) as there were disparaging comments about Silva.

Let's not make up a fictional narrative in your head, where the fanbase rejected Silva and embraced Pellegrino but only jolly clever old you saw through it, eh?

Leslie wouldn't have appointed Silva. It was too obvious and sensible and Les likes the kudos of "unearthing" another gem. Its the same with our transfer targets

Forever in the Italian bankers shadow..... Like me, love me, respect me..... Nah

However cute all this is its costing us millions in compensation (sacking managers) and we've wasted over £100m in duff transfers last few years.

Not sure we can blame eric black for all that

If we had appointed him, the reaction would have been overwhelmingly positive, just because that's what happens once someone is appointed - Silva would have been just as popular signing as MP was.

There were just as many disparaging comments about Pellegrino (mid table, barely any goals, only one decent season, notable failure, Puel-alike) as there were disparaging comments about Silva.

Let's not make up a fictional narrative in your head, where the fanbase rejected Silva and embraced Pellegrino but only jolly clever old you saw through it, eh?

I didn't claim that Silva was rejected by the entire fan base (only a portion of it), nor that he would have been received without fault and I certainly didn't claim that I was the only one that was concerned about MP. Why is it that every time anyone says anything on this board they are picked apart and insulted by irritating keyboard warrior know it alls like you? It's seriously tiresome.

I didn't claim that Silva was rejected by the entire fan base (only a portion of it), nor that he would have been received without fault and I certainly didn't claim that I was the only one that was concerned about MP. Why is it that every time anyone says anything on this board they are picked apart and insulted by irritating keyboard warrior know it alls like you? It's seriously tiresome.
My recommendation would be to not write sh it in the first place.

Leslie wouldn't have appointed Silva. It was too obvious and sensible and Les likes the kudos of "unearthing" another gem.

Well, he did it with Pochettino so you can see why he has an addiction to it.

But you are correct, his desire to be clever-clever backfired last year and we are risking it blowing up again this year.

Leslie wouldn't have appointed Silva. It was too obvious and sensible and Les likes the kudos of "unearthing" another gem. Its the same with our transfer targets

Forever in the Italian bankers shadow..... Like me, love me, respect me..... Nah

However cute all this is its costing us millions in compensation (sacking managers) and we've wasted over £100m in duff transfers last few years.

I understand that in a recent Q&A for FourFourTwo, Les named the late John Peel as a figure in another industry he admired. Make of that what you will.

Edited by shurlock

I understand that in a recent Q&A for FourFourTwo, Les named John Peel as a figure in another industry he admired. Make of that what you will.

That's pretty cool I guess. John Peel was possibly the most innovative figure in British Broadcasting history. Willing to take musical risks irrespective of market forces. A man arguably responsible for exposing to the nation 99% of any decent bands or musical movements that charted between 1976- 2005. If Les becomes the John Peel of Football then I for one will not have a clue what it all means. But it certainly makes me like Les more.

Definitely when the rot set in. The failure to replace them with quality in our usual ponderous and unimaginative transfer windows.

And we shouldn't forget where the toxic dressing room started. Billy big balls Jose Fonte returning from the euros acting like a child rather than a leader and causing divisiveness between the players and coaching staff

The problem is the clowns who didn't appreciate the job Claude Puel did. Whether you liked the style or not, we were a well coached side last season. Of course, some you lot knew better.

His tactics were spot on in the Liverpool games. Since the final it was so boring, we are not good now but at least there is not the pattern of a quick break starts, we pass is around, then back to Forster and then start again. Then there was our inability to take a quick throw in, which normally ended up back with Forster. During the Swansea match with Pellegrino, I think there were only a couple of non-enforced back passes and, although we missed chances, we were playing a lot better. The Wolves match was worse than anything that Puel served up though (and to make it worse my train was cancelled and the next one was over 20 mins late)

What i cant seem to grasp is they have these flip charts to tell players where to play etc.....................we were 2-0 down and Watsons flicking over paperwork for what did he loose the picture with the GOAL on it..............jesus just get the ball i nthe net no need for fkcuing directions as to look at this .....fm why were 2-0 down score a fuoking goal.

What i cant seem to grasp is they have these flip charts to tell players where to play etc.....................we were 2-0 down and Watsons flicking over paperwork for what did he loose the picture with the GOAL on it..............jesus just get the ball i nthe net no need for fkcuing directions as to look at this .....fm why were 2-0 down score a fuoking goal.

Actually, some times you really do just need to get back to basics; there are times (not just in football, but anything) when no amount of weird processes or tactics will work, you just need to get back to basics and in this case, 'f**king shoot'. If you don't shoot you don't have a chance of scoring ... it's hardly rocket science.

Much truth in the above.

For the money we have frittered away in compensation, and after yesterday may have to again sooner than anyone would have imagined if that persists, we would have been better off stumping up and keeping Koeman.

As for Eric Black, we were recently told "the players love him". Perhaps it's all too lapse and cosy on the training ground.

Said this since day one..

Yep, same.

Very average coach with a poor reputation in football. We should have sacked him when we had the chance with the telegraph stuff.

Not sure he's the problem though as he's actually been 'demoted' this year, hasn't he.

In truth, the problem is probably above the coaching staff, with Reed and the constraints he has to work with by the owners.

I wonder what Mr 80% , and Nelly, make of this, or how they are monitoring it, if at all ? Are they really relying on Les to report back?

With the 'ownership'issue now resolved (we are told) you'd hope there is more of a solid platform to operate from.

Much truth in the above.

For the money we have frittered away in compensation, and after yesterday may have to again sooner than anyone would have imagined if that persists, we would have been better off stumping up and keeping Koeman.

As for Eric Black, we were recently told "the players love him". Perhaps it's all too lapse and cosy on the training ground.

Another thing that I've said too. It always looks jolly good fun at training in the videos. Time spirit is one thing, but constant messing around and not translating that on the pitch is another - they need a bollocking.

Actually, some times you really do just need to get back to basics; there are times (not just in football, but anything) when no amount of weird processes or tactics will work, you just need to get back to basics and in this case, 'f**king shoot'. If you don't shoot you don't have a chance of scoring ... it's hardly rocket science.

Reminds me of the 2002 WC match between Germany and Saudi Arabia. The Saudi manager was busily making notes and giving instructions. I can't remember if it was the 7th or 8th time the ball flew into the back of their net when he threw down his pen and clipboard.

Much truth in the above.

Without doubt the over relaxed couldn't care less 'banter' we are seeing on the trading ground and elsewhere is a disgrace. Wise up, man up, wake up and start work guys because it is all very lax at the moment. There is nothing to be cocky about at all!

WHEN you start performing and working hard on the pitch you have earn't the right to have laugh and joke until then you better start taking your work seriously.

As for Black my observation is on the match meltdown but obviously he brings nothing to the party...

Said this since day one..

I just don't see how he can be that significant. And if he is, why is it allowed to continue?

We must have seriously weak players, a weak manager, and weak footballing structure in place if they can't identify the problem and deal with it?!?!

Edited by Saint86

I just don't see how he can be that significant. And if he is, why is it allowed to continue?

We must have seriously weak players, a weak manager, and weak footballing structure in place if they can't identify the problem and deal with it?!?!

Likewise we must have weak players, a weak manager, and weak footballing structure if a single coach can exert more influence than all those other things. It's pure bunkum.