Frank de boar Sacked !

SOTONS EAST SIDE

Chairman Steve Parish said: “We have undertaken a thorough interview process to ensure we are in a position to appoint a manager of the calibre and experience that Frank brings with him. I am pleased to welcome him to Crystal Palace and I know he cannot wait to get started and prepare for our record breaking fifth season in the top flight."

:lol:

Looks like a cluster**** from the off..

Parish, however, admitted that the noisy Selhurst Park regulars are a little less discerning than the Ajax and Barcelona supporters who regard football as an art.

“What is an attractive style?” asked Parish. “Our fans, I don’t think they are particularly fussed about the style of football we play.

You don’t drive along thinking, ‘Oh I know, I can sack a manager today, great I can’t wait’. I had a fantastic relationship with Sam [Allardyce], with Alan [Pardew] and every time a manager fails at this club I fail. If Frank fails it is my failure too.”

Steve Parish

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/26/steve-parish-wants-frank-de-boer-evolve-crystal-palaces-style/

We missed a bullet there, I think.

Not sure he had enough time to show what he can produce. Obv not totally inept, as his time in Holland shows. Inter went bad, but maybe that was ego and things don't always click. Has he totally lost the dressing room at Palace? Is that the main reason for sacking him as after 4 games is frankly ridiculous.

When Koeman left, I thought that he might have been quite good for us. No idea why, save for his time at Ajax and his playing reputation. I can understand that the Inter job was a lot bigger, and I thought that he could have been a replacement for Puel.

Guess they will start scoring in their next game!!!!!!

Chairman Steve Parish said: “We have undertaken a thorough interview process to ensure we are in a position to appoint a manager of the calibre and experience that Frank brings with him. I am pleased to welcome him to Crystal Palace and I know he cannot wait to get started and prepare for our record breaking fifth season in the top flight."

:lol:

Steve Parish? Who in hell will want to work with this prize idiot now. ... and we thought it couldn't get worse than Reed! I doubt Parish meets the PL's fit and proper person test.

Yeah, just saw that now. At least they've moved quickly. Hodgson not a bad appointment - his record at clubs like Palace - WBA and Fulham - is excellent. Perfectly capable of getting them organised enough to stay up.

Well if he gets Palace playing exciting football, like he did with England, Palace fans are in for a treat this season...

absolute ridiculous decision....anyone that watched Palace yesterday will have seen them dominate the game and only the Saints bug stopped them from winning (couldn't put the ball in the old onion bag).

Football really has gone mad.....on this basis i expect MP to be sacked tomorrow based on the **** being served up at present!!

Utterly mad when you could see the signs of improvement yesterday. You can only justify such a quick sacking if he's totally lost the dressing room, which doesn't seem to have been the case at all.

It made me think of this Klopp v Guardiola piece from the weekend, about the time it takes to lock players into complex systems. Dunno if that applies to De Boer quite like it does Guardiola, but if there's any truth in it then Palace and Inter both failed him.

The concern is whether this has happened in part because clubs are so concerned with dropping out of the PL that they become trigger happy.....maybe they think a club like Palace would be in real poop if they drop out of the league, based on wage bill etc compared to monies incoming.

People get hung up on the amount of games and get all upset when managers are fired.

Reality is hes been in and around the club 2 months - the club would be monitoring everything and ultimately seeing if he fits the club.

I can normally evaluate someones working talents in a week or less - not sure why football managers need to be given a year to prove themselves.

If the manager and club don't align for any reason then cut ties - find someone that does fit better. you don't need to drag the whole process out.

Hiring a manager is like getting a new girlfriend - they might look great and dress well, but after 2 weeks seeing her each night you might decide she is a pain in the ass and youre simply not compatible.... My advise - Don't drag the relationship out for a year in the hope that she changes.

Palace were very unlucky at the weekend and will be very difficult to beat. More so now. Can't help thinking we avoided a really bad manager though, going for one marginally better but not as good as Silva.
But how can anyone make a judgement that he's a "really bad manager" after just 4 games? It's just nuts, particularly as even Dyche said after yesterday's game that Palace were by far the better team. They apparently had 23 attempts versus only 4 for Burnley!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

But how can anyone make a judgement that he's a "really bad manager" after just 4 games? It's just nuts, particularly as even Dyche said after yesterday's game that Palace were by far the better team. They apparently had 23 attempts versus only 4 for Burnley!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

No, true, very poor decision from Palace. Just was basing that view on previous track record

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People get hung up on the amount of games and get all upset when managers are fired.

Reality is hes been in and around the club 2 months - the club would be monitoring everything and ultimately seeing if he fits the club.

I can normally evaluate someones working talents in a week or less - not sure why football managers need to be given a year to prove themselves.

If the manager and club don't align for any reason then cut ties - find someone that does fit better. you don't need to drag the whole process out.

Hiring a manager is like getting a new girlfriend - they might look great and dress well, but after 2 weeks seeing her each night you might decide she is a pain in the ass and youre simply not compatible.... My advise - Don't drag the relationship out for a year in the hope that she changes.

my advice is get yourself a butt plug and tell her to leave the strap on at home.

We missed a bullet there, I think.

Did we? The fact our comprehensive, black box-driven manager search seemingly came down to a choice between two managers whose teams have so far failed to score in a combined seven out of eight matches, suggests we've hardly played a blinder.

Might've dodged a bullet but slipped off the cliff in the process...