Cortese

bubblyone

Nope, not really. This aint a f*cking court of law. I dont know when exactly either comment was made, and SOGGY's is just twisted garbage anyway without an attributable quote.

And anyone is entitled to change their mind. However shambolic things might have occasionally looked under NC, he wouldnt have sold our best players the way KL, Ralph and Leslie did.

Clubs were only in for one main player under NC's reign .... AOC.......and guess what..... HE SOLD HIM

Also Ox & family played up so he sold him, as he needed the money for cat 1 academy

Scouting Courtino with Mitchell & Nigel he saw Poch so started checking him out with agents. Liked his training regime , double sessions etc.

Had a working breakfast with somebody interesting today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey what? so Cortese was happy to flog a player because they acted up? How does that fit with we wouldn't have sold anyone if Nik-Nak had stayed mythology considering how many of our players have acted up to get a move?

Possibly a cheeky hint after Cork was sold 10 days after Nic left

Shaw, Lallana, Lambert, Lovren and Chambers sold 3 months later.

LOL - So I wasn't wrong, you just want to try and cloud the issue.

We know who was sold after NC left, it's just those that insist it wouldn't have happened under NC's watch, that make it interesting - Given the fact that under his reign, there was only one major player that clubs came in for and NC sold him. 100% record in selling significant players.

Oh and for the record he agreed a deal with West Ham for Lambert..... KL pulled the plug on the deal in the January that Cortese left (That's probably the only bit of real ITK information I've ever had)

We know who was sold after NC left, it's just those that insist it wouldn't have happened under NC's watch, that make it interesting - Given the fact that under his reign, there was only one major player that clubs came in for and NC sold him. 100% record in selling significant players.

Oh and for the record he agreed a deal with West Ham for Lambert..... KL pulled the plug on the deal in the January that Cortese left (That's probably the only bit of real ITK information I've ever had)

Another myth. Keep em coming

Another myth. Keep em coming

Well that was according to his old man (Lamberts) in New York. Had a good beer with him.

As for another myth, you said that about my original post and I think we have corrected that...............And I was right............... Fish in a barrel.

Well at least this thread has established that Nik-nak has become a legendry character with more myths surrounding him than King Arthur.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Nik-nak sleeps in a cave under SMS pitch with a team of old players waiting to return when Saints need them most....

That's not a myth that's a true fact !

This, he was an employee of the club. In other words he was paid to spend ( invest ) the owner's money. Never understood all the bile he got for the brilliant way he did his job.

He was paid to spend about £15m on Staplewood and ended up spending nearly £40m. That's not brilliant on my book.

Yeah, no one ever enquired after Lallana, Lambert or Fonte before we hit the premier league.

Literally amazing how people come up with complete toffee on here.

Why are fans incapable of a level headed look at things? And what difference does it make if NC would have sold players? That may well have been part of his strategy. I think the point many make is that he would have kept Poch, and would have recruited better than the current administration. No point clouding it more than that. The relative track records of NC vs the current board are not favourable to LR and co.

Yeah, no one ever enquired after Lallana, Lambert or Fonte before we hit the premier league.

Why are fans incapable of a level headed look at things? And what difference does it make if NC would have sold players? That may well have been part of his strategy. I think the point many make is that he would have kept Poch, and would have recruited better than the current administration. No point clouding it more than that. The relative track records of NC vs the current board are not favourable to LR and co.

Again Nik-nac recruited Les Reed so if you blame Les for everything the buck ultimately stops at Nic's door. Do people really believe that Cortese was doing all the recruiting without any input from Les?

lol complaining about people coming up with "toffee" , then writing a whole sweet shops worth.

Any links to moves for lallana, Fonte & Lambert. Any proof that Poch would have turned down Spurs? How do you prove we'd have recruited better, Osvaldo, Gaston, Forren, suggest not. Would Nicola have signed Mane, Pelle, VvD, because it's hard to recruit better than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "track record" of NC is eighth in the Premier League. The "relative track record" of the current board is better than this three times over - 7th, 6th, 8th and a cup final. What's NC's "track record" since then? If I was appointing someone to lead a club into the top six then all I can see from his CV is a man with no experience of doing this at any professional football club anywhere.

Thats called a "level headed" look at things, also known as simple facts.

Laughable. So NC can sell players and it'd okay because it was part of his strategy, yet when Reed does it it's an absolutely disgraceful lack of ambition, not part of a strategy, a strategy which was has served us well and in part forced on them by what NC did in the first place.

Recruting better - Really? are Mayuka, Forren, Ramirez, Osvaldo, Gazzaniga any worse than players signed under this regime? Yes there were some fantastic player success under Cortese, but there have been under this regime too. There have also been failure, just like there were under Cortese. To glibly Cortese would have recruited better is utter BS and not based on any fact or historical performance.

As for Pochetino, he may have hung onto him for a bit longer, but do you really think he'd have stayed because Cortese was a great guy and they loved each other? He'd have had a bigger club come in for him by now and would have gone as well. Managers and players don't stay at clubs because of who the chairman is.

Still, you keep looking at things level headedly :lol:

How did Cortese force Reed to sell players? Myth list growing

#myths

Maybe the 68 million pound loan he took out with Vibrac played a part?

That was his second loan from Vibrac, the same loans that he mocked other clubs for taking out and assured us he would never do........ then went and it did the very same :lol::lol::lol::lol:

What is interesting is that loan had two signatures - Gareth Rodgers and NC (All available from Companies House £2.50) and were charged against every single asset of the club.

Perhaps more interesting is the first thing that KL did was restructure that loan with Macquarie Bank against her own estate, for better terms.

Kinda begs the question why she didn't do that in the first place.......... If she was aware of it :scared::scared::scared::scared:

Don't get me wrong, whilst a strange man, NC dragged this football club up through the leagues and is part of our history. But the model of him spending other peoples money unchecked, was a sustainable as pompeys financial strategy and anyone with half a brain could see things would have to change.

How did Cortese force Reed to sell players? Myth list growing

#myths

He didn't, but as a result of the significant overspend we had to balance books after Cortese left by selling our best players. Something that was talked about by Krueger and Reed towards the end of last season when they said this summer would be the first we wouldn't have to sell players

That was his second loan from Vibrac, the same loans that he mocked other clubs for taking out and assured us he would never do........ then went and it did the very same :lol::lol::lol::lol:

What is interesting is that loan had two signatures - Gareth Rodgers and NC (All available from Companies House £2.50) and were charged against every single asset of the club.

Perhaps more interesting is the first thing that KL did was restructure that loan with Macquarie Bank against her own estate, for better terms.

Kinda begs the question why she didn't do that in the first place.......... If she was aware of it :scared::scared::scared::scared:

Don't get me wrong, whilst a strange man, NC dragged this football club up through the leagues and is part of our history. But the model of him spending other peoples money unchecked, was a sustainable as pompeys financial strategy and anyone with half a brain could see things would have to change.

Watch this space..... NC off to Fratton Park

Indeed mate that is spot on but several have agenda driven arguments and cannot acknowledge the current set up to be worth any credit, where as the more reasoned posters like yourself understand

that both set ups have good and bad.

He didn't, but as a result of the significant overspend we had to balance books after Cortese left by selling our best players. Something that was talked about by Krueger and Reed towards the end of last season when they said this summer would be the first we wouldn't have to sell players

But we've spent more than we've received? didn't you see the latest financials?

He will only settle on the day of the court hearing. ;)

Ha ha .....Someone once told me we spent more hours as a club, with Lawyers, than we did on the training pitch........ I'm sure that was just a joke............. Although there is a great story (3rd hand so no idea if it is true) about a very young, very junior young man who was sacked on the spot (no idea what for)......... His Dad was apparently Queens Council. I will leave the rest to your imagination.

He was paid to spend about £15m on Staplewood and ended up spending nearly £40m. That's not brilliant on my book.

That kind of over spending ( some might call it original cost under estimating ) seems to happen rather a lot in other companies as well. It can get even worse

when Public money is involved and I can't remember if a Govt. awarded contract has ever come in below estimate, e.g. the two new aircraft carriers and aircraft.

That kind of over spending ( some might call it original cost under estimating ) seems to happen rather a lot in other companies as well. It can get even worse

when Public money is involved and I can't remember if a Govt. awarded contract has ever come in below estimate, e.g. the two new aircraft carriers and aircraft.

It does, but this wasn't public money, it was real money belonging to the owner. The changes made to that development, and the wasted money, was outrageous. That amount, and the money spent on Osvaldo alone (his wages, that we paid up, were eye watering) justified anyone getting moved on and did the club harm for a long time in terms of a) the actual amount having to be paid but b) the wages paid to Osvaldo, and Ramirez, have meant that we've had to row backwards from unsustainable salaries to a more sustainable salary ceiling.

Some of the "facts" people quote on here, are they public information? Genuine question.

I think the club published something like 37 or 39 million for Staplewood. I heard it was at 35 ish+ whilst the work was still being done, with a 15 million ish budget, but that we weren't done yet.

Edited by egg

Again Nik-nac recruited Les Reed so if you blame Les for everything the buck ultimately stops at Nic's door. Do people really believe that Cortese was doing all the recruiting without any input from Les?

Strange comment Dodd, you do know that Les Reed signed none of our key players pre-prem?!?!