Cortese

bubblyone

he's trying to be polite about KL, basically saying she didnt want to take the club any further.

It is how we all suspected really.

The only ones who didn't were those that seemed to think that ML's legacy/investment was for the benefit of Southampton rather than to his daughter.

Anyone with out a pro or anti Cortese agenda please summarise whats been said so far?

He is good at negotiating, he didnt have a plan for Pardew but when he did Pardew wasnt part of it.

He ****ed off Eddie Howe

He knew KL was selling so he was off

The training ground was costing more becasue of the status and the pitches required

We should have signed Courtinio but Liverpool muscled us out but luckily we got Ramires anyway

He is good at negotiating, he didnt have a plan for Pardew but when he did Pardew wasnt part of it.

He ****ed off Eddie Howe

The training ground was costing more becasue of the status and the pitches required

We should have signed Courtinio but Liverpool muscled us out but luckily we got Ramires anyway

What happened with Howe?

NC'S Closing comment: "for the right project, i would definitely be willing to look into it. Football works well for me, and if their is an opportunity there then I could very much think of coming back. I don't know if it will be england."

He also had a breakfast with a very eminent person in football this morning.

I didn't catch the rest sadly.

He ****ed off Eddie Howe

We should have signed Courtinio but Liverpool nuscled us out but luckily we got Ramirez anyway

Also Ox & family played up so he sold him, as he needed the money for cat 1 academy

Scouting Courtino with Mitchell & Nigel he saw Poch so started checking him out with agents. Liked his training regime , double sessions etc.

Had a working breakfast with somebody interesting today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He ****ed off Eddie Howe

We should have signed Courtinio but Liverpool nuscled us out but luckily we got Ramirez anyway

Are you hard of hearing or memory? There was supposedly an agreement with Inter for Coutinho in the 2013 January window (€10m+2m in bonuses) -after Ramirez had joined. Initially Liverpool put in a lower offer - they then matched our offer and the rest was history. In the end, we never even spoke to the player.

Edited by shurlock

NC'S Closing comment: "for the right project, i would definitely be willing to look into it. Football works well for me, and if their is an opportunity there then I could very much think of coming back. I don't know if it will be england.2

Stan Kronke, you heard it here first.

What happened with Howe?

Not quite ****ed him off.

Cortese wanted to speak to Adkins and it took him a full week before he could.

Howe felt he was 2nd choice so he withdrew his interest in the managers job.

Imho Cortese may of been forced to employ Adkins as he spoke so highly of Howe.

Are you hard of hearing or memory? There was supposedly an agreement with Inter for Coutinho in the 2013 January window (€10m+2m in bonuses) -after Ramirez had joined. Initially Liverpool put in a lower offer - they then matched our offer and the rest was history. We never even got a chance to speak to the player.

are you without a sense of humour or irony?

It wasnt meant to be factual, or I might have said, its okay, we got Dani anyway

interviewed him after Pardew, Adkins was number one choice but was swayed by Howe and he waited and waited, then Howe got ****ed offf and withdrew anyway. He then said it would have been Nige anyway, but he didnt sound so sure.

Howe wanted full control of footballing affairs so turned him down - that's what I heard from a good source.

I recall the story of how ML in his dying days made a long journey to present his friend a watch ( I think this was the case) and that NC promised ML to carry on Marcus's dream. Therefore if that was indeed the case, he may have thought that was his remit.

I know it is heresy to say anything about KL, but IMO her long term plan, was only ever to get the best price for herself. Nothing wrong in that, but ML with NC were going to be ruthless to get our club where they had stated it would be.CL football as fanciful as it seemed was very close to us if the investment had been made, in those days when the big clubs were in flux.

NC run the club as a dictator and yes it did ruffle the feathers of many people, especially those who were used to freebies.

I have no malice toward KL or any board since the Go Wilde days but I think fans should show a bit more respect and gratitude to NC, who put SFC under the nose of ML and sold us to him. If not imagine that consortium that Matty had foolishly backed taking over, we would now be playing at the Sports Centre

Good post. How fast our fans forget.

He wanted to continue with MLs roadmap, KL didnt. Simples.

When people need to qualify their disapproval of Cortese by recalling intricate elaborate inside stories, this is where I switch off.

I couldn't give a toss about anything other than on the field performance.

He found us a billionaire. That billionaire trusted and respected his judgement implicitly. He brought us back to the prem with a squad that was at no risk of being dismantled up until his departure.

I would welcome him back with open arms

Amen. He has the mindset that is needed, what is clearly missing from the club presently.

Personally felt the club lost a bit of its soul under him. One of our greatest ever players was basically erased from our history.

It was also cringeworthy how any new signing seemed to mention how influential he had been in negotiations, likewise whenever any of the current players signed new deals. It was almost like they were given a script.

NC'S Closing comment: "for the right project, i would definitely be willing to look into it. Football works well for me, and if their is an opportunity there then I could very much think of coming back. I don't know if it will be england."

I didn't catch the rest sadly.

"He had breakfast with a very eminent person in football this morning". :lol: LOL, he can't help himself LOL, he's full of 5h1t.

"He had breakfast with a very eminent person in football this morning". :lol: LOL, he can't help himself LOL, he's full of 5h1t.

Why ? He delivered exactly what was written on the tin where we were concerned.

If he is talking to the likes of Arsenal, I'd like to see us try to get him back. Unfinished business and all that.

You've absolutely no idea what ML would have done once we reached the PL. would he have wanted to push on from 6th or would he have sold up making a massive profit?

Aw, that's b*ll*cks. ML and NC clearly had a plan, and its KL's different perspective to MLs that caused a parting of the ways between SFC and NC. That means ML wasnt planning to sell up for a profit. He was a FAN.

Why ? He delivered exactly what was written on the tin where we were concerned.

If he is talking to the likes of Arsenal, I'd like to see us try to get him back. Unfinished business and all that.

He would never come back as he would be slated badly for getting rid of all the deadwood in the club.

Its funny reading the original "Cortese has left Southampton Football Club - Officially Confirmed" thread and seeing the same posters now slagging Cortese were in full meltdown when he left. He was "simply the best" but now a waste of space.... Apparently

Only on SWF :lol:

Interesting to hear you and Cortese talking about complacency pal - did the two of you do a MBA at the same business school?