Cortese

bubblyone

But according to you we have been failing for the last four years despite 4 top ten finishes and a cup final.

I thought Cortese ran the club like a crappy seaside B&B?

Care to respond Alpine? How do you marry up your meltdowns under Cortese and during our rise through the leagues with what you're saying now?

Care to respond Alpine?

Nope, not really. This aint a f*cking court of law. I dont know when exactly either comment was made, and SOGGY's is just twisted garbage anyway without an attributable quote.

And anyone is entitled to change their mind. However shambolic things might have occasionally looked under NC, he wouldnt have sold our best players the way KL, Ralph and Leslie did.

Nope, not really. This aint a f*cking court of law. I dont know when exactly either comment was made, and SOGGY's is just twisted garbage anyway without an attributable quote.

And anyone is entitled to change their mind. However shambolic things might have occasionally looked under NC, he wouldnt have sold our best players the way KL, Ralph and Leslie did.

In hindsight, given what a fantastic journey it was, do you think you may have overreacted a bit on occasion?

He sold the one player that wanted out.

And he wanted to sell Rickie Lambert, recognising that he was coming to the end of his ability to impact a game.

Looking at what has happened to him since, he was right.

The current rabble have had a disaster where replacing Mane and Pelle is concerned.

Still reckon he is more capable of turning the current freefall around.

And he wanted to sell Rickie Lambert, recognising that he was coming to the end of his ability to impact a game.

Looking at what has happened to him since, he was right.

The current rabble have had a disaster where replacing Mane and Pelle is concerned.

Still reckon he is more capable of turning the current freefall around.

I think its fairly obvious that if Gao wanted to spend money, that NC would be a far more effective choice than LR et al.

The whole point is Cortese was spending money the club didn't have , the club had to get some dodgy offshore loans etc just to keep going . Afterwards the club has had to cut their cloth and is now in the usual position of all clubs outside the top 6 or so . ie we can't buy big name players or pay £300k a week wages and have to pick up bargains and do the best we can.

The whole point is Cortese was spending money the club didn't have , the club had to get some dodgy offshore loans etc just to keep going . Afterwards the club has had to cut their cloth and is now in the usual position of all clubs outside the top 6 or so . ie we can't buy big name players or pay £300k a week wages and have to pick up bargains and do the best we can.

This is what appeared to be happening to me. Regardless of what you thought of Cortese. We seemed to be heading to a Leeds/Portsmouth gamble. As we did in the championship under Wilde which sent us on the path to going into administration as it didn't pay off. Personally I prefer us to be ran in a stable a financially viable way.

Yes, and I remember him talking ******** in the press - sticking the boot in because we sold some players - the summer before we finished higher than he ever did.

Poisonous little dwarf.

Yet look how poor our squad and manager are now .

Wouldn't have happened under Cortese

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Exactly right. In fact the club have come out and said (not in direct words) that that's the reason we had to sell so many players. But as usual many on here choose to ignore it.

Yet look how poor our squad and manager are now .

Wouldn't have happened under Cortese

It may not have, but could we financially have kept going the way we were? Could we have added Mane, Pelle, VVD, etc... to the squad had we not sold? Probably not...

Wow, talk about revisionist b*ll*cks.
Errr
Aw, that's b*ll*cks. ML and NC clearly had a plan, and its KL's different perspective to MLs that caused a parting of the ways between SFC and NC. That means ML wasnt planning to sell up for a profit. He was a FAN.
ML was the owner for a year and managed to get through 60 years of his life without being a FAN of Southampton Football Club, which he was for about one year.

You have absolutely no effing idea what he would have been like once we'd made it to the Premier League. No idea at all.

Tell you what though, it's a far better bet that he wouldn't be burning through cash to turn us into a south coast PSG or whatever fantasy you have cooked up in the Rolo-addled slab of saturated fat you call a brain.

ErrrML was the owner for a year and managed to get through 60 years of his life without being a FAN of Southampton Football Club, which he was for about one year.

You have absolutely no effing idea what he would have been like once we'd made it to the Premier League. No idea at all.

Tell you what though, it's a far better bet that he wouldn't be burning through cash to turn us into a south coast PSG or whatever fantasy you have cooked up in the Rolo-addled slab of saturated fat you call a brain.

A golden post and i actually cannot stop laughing at it............ BRILLIANT

Based on what exactly? A few games this season so far or a crystal ball you have lying around?
Cortese was all about pushing forward . If you have to sell you replace with a quality player .

Exactly the opposite of Reed .

Our squad has been declining in quality since Koeman left .

Cortese was all about pushing forward . If you have to sell you replace with a quality player .

Would that be the Cortese who appointed Reed in the first place...

Edited by doddisalegend

Lol! You are the one who said we have been failing since Cortese left despite the fact we have done better!!

With that be the Cortese who appointed Reed in the first place...

:lol: whoops...

Cortese appointed Reed to oversee the youth academy.... Its a big jump to executive director and "in charge of everything at the club"

I like Les, I think he's done a great job (he played a major part in our uprising) and on the few occasions that I've met him he's seemed like a decent bloke, but I am concerned with how much power / control he now has.

From what I'm led to believe, he played a big part in getting Cortese 'sacked' and (rightly or wrongly) pretty much went behind his back to advise the powers that be he was spending too much and it wasn't sustainable ect...

Aw, that's b*ll*cks. ML and NC clearly had a plan, and its KL's different perspective to MLs that caused a parting of the ways between SFC and NC. That means ML wasnt planning to sell up for a profit. He was a FAN.

There is no evidence beyond misty eyed sentiment that ML was 'a fan'. A handful of visits to SMS and a good PR company does not make a fan. He was a businessman though, and his investment paid off well for his heir.

Marcus wasn't even close to being a billionaire

Ok, a very very rich person's money to throw around.

Didn't the current board inherit something like a £27mill debt of unpaid transfer fees and £30mill bill for the training ground from Cortese?

"Difficult" is how I think the situation was described.

There is no evidence beyond misty eyed sentiment that ML was 'a fan'. A handful of visits to SMS and a good PR company does not make a fan. He was a businessman though, and his investment paid off well for his heir.

The level of delusion that a 60 year old man was suddenly a FAN of a football club based on a single year of his life is really rather beautiful.

Enjoying and waving at Wembley is one thing, facing into the relentless money-pit grind of the Premier League is quite another. How much more to finish fifth? How much more? Another striker? Another one? Another new contract? Another one?

When the fun stops, stop. And none of us can say that he would be spunking his children's inheritance away just because a few dins on a web forum wanted us to sign Christian Benteke.

You know who I reckon had a decent idea about what he was really like? His daughter. Just a tiny hunch.

It should come as no surprise to any of us who Cult of Cortese divs are.

Mainly the clueless f_ckers who don't go to games and have a LaLa made up world of Saints in their head where the dwarf manages to single handedly keep every single Saints player as we march on the UCL glory whilst lifelong Saints fan Marcus cheers from the stands whilst showering the oiks below with £50 notes.

The same divs, when should the folly of their ways, lack the whit, grace or IQ to comprehend their own idiocy.

It should come as no surprise to any of us who Cult of Cortese divs are.

Mainly the clueless f_ckers who don't go to games and have a LaLa made up world of Saints in their head where the dwarf manages to single handedly keep every single Saints player as we march on the UCL glory whilst lifelong Saints fan Marcus cheers from the stands whilst showering the oiks below with £50 notes.

The same divs, when should the folly of their ways, lack the whit, grace or IQ to comprehend their own idiocy.

Another poster that was super upset when Nicola left but few years on is now angry n bitter towards him. Whats changed mate?

Did he not respond to the letters you sent him?

I've listened to a bit of it. I think what was not made clear earlier was just how Jim White was feeding him the lines - literally "tell us about the time you sold Alex O-C but only to fund the training ground".

And Jim White swooning over him like David Brent round Finchy.

Blimey, Jim has just said "We are in the presence of greatness here today". Absolutely cringeworthy.