Club Crest: would you change it?

Monk

Oi leave the tree alone the new forest is the only forest mentioned with any detail in the doomsday book , the water represents our maritime link !

The tree represents the parks of the city not the New Forest, as confirmed by the designers son on here years ago.

i love the badge and would be very upset to see it change.

The tree represents the parks of the city not the New Forest, as confirmed by the designers son on here years ago.

Well everywhere I have read says the new forest and 1 place says the new forest and the common?

It wasn't any old tree either. It was an oak to signify the age of the club and its longstanding place in the middle of the community.

I'm yet to see any evidence of that apart from fan the flames comment

There was a thread on the badge on the message board before this one (what was that called again) and Rolland Parris' son/ grandson came on and said the tree represented the green parks of the city. Growing up outside of Southampton I had always assumed that the tree represented The Dell, not being aware that most believed to be the for the New Forest.

There was a thread on the badge on the message board before this one (what was that called again) and Rolland Parris' son/ grandson came on and said the tree represented the green parks of the city. Growing up outside of Southampton I had always assumed that the tree represented The Dell, not being aware that most believed to be the for the New Forest.

The Saints Forum. Saints Forever before that.

• 3 years later...

Looks appalling. We are blessed with having a great nickname which is recognised by virtually every English football supporter. Why on earth would we swap the halo for red and white stripes - particularly as we often have seasons when we do not play in red and white stripes?  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, jawillwill said:

Leave it alone.

SECONDED!!

It ain't broke so doesn't need fixing 

This bit at the very bottom where the author of the piece is blowing sunshine up his own Jacksy 

"Shadab Wajih is an award-winning art director, graphic designer and an illustrator based in Miami, US."

I think when Nolan maligns our perfectly good club crest with the comment about it being the winner of a kids colouring competition - looking at his abortion of an attempt to "modernise" our badge, I think the only award Shadab has won is a kids colouring competition.

See you all here again in 2023 I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Micky said:

Bloody awful - you can't make out the tree, it just looks like a green blotch across the badge.  As others have said, ours is iconic, not broken, doesn't need fixing - leave well alone.  Nuff said...!

Hiding the tree is weird.  I would say getting rid of the "Southampton FC" at the top (and unhiding the tree) and then just putting S F C in the stripes at the bottom would be a decent improvement.

1 minute ago, Kenilworthy said:

The drawback with redesigning a crest is that generally every club that has done it has ended up with something horrible - just look at Stoke and Newcastle

Juve has got to be the worst one out there. Someone probably got half a million Euros to come up with a J but with another line next to it.