Saints fans banned

Pamplemousse

They entered from the Northam and ran across the pitch in front of the goal in the direction of the West Ham fans. When they got a few metres away from the West Ham fans and saw the reception they were getting, they shat themselves and literally fled in fear.

For such an embarrassing, mincy display, they are lucky to only get away with three years.

Didn't one bloke get away & jump back into the stands before legging it out the exit. Wonder if he's one of these and got identified later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost definitely. They can just use footage of the game to work our where he was sat and then find out who booked the seat.

What the f*ck has happened to our support that there are Saints fans celebrating other Saints fans getting banned from St Mary's!? Hardly like they walked on in KKK outfits doing the nazi salute, they were just young (maybe drunk) and stupid.

Don't go there eric - personally I agree with you 100%. Sums this place up tbh.

Don't go there eric - personally I agree with you 100%. Sums this place up tbh.

Does my head in mush, it's like no one here has ever done anything wrong in their lives? F*ck knows i've done plenty of stupid things growing up! I remember the days at the dell when stewards would try and pull fans out of the crowd and people would pull them back in so they couldn't be gone, these days they'd be pushing them out infront and booing them

Does my head in mush, it's like no one here has ever done anything wrong in their lives? F*ck knows i've done plenty of stupid things growing up! I remember the days at the dell when stewards would try and pull fans out of the crowd and people would pull them back in so they couldn't be gone, these days they'd be pushing them out infront and booing them

Ditto.

The fact the goal was a peno and at the other end shows that it wasn't some sort of over exuberance like the Sterling one at Boscombe, indicates that there were elements of pre planning, showing off, & goading West Ham fans. Probably why they got extended ban.

I think it was more in retaliation for the West Ham fans who ran on the pitch when they equalised.

What the f*ck has happened to our support that there are Saints fans celebrating other Saints fans getting banned from St Mary's!? Hardly like they walked on in KKK outfits doing the nazi salute, they were just young (maybe drunk) and stupid.

Spot on. Most of our idiot fans wouldnt think twice about shopping a fellow fan, in fact they'd probably get satisfaction out of it.

It does seem excessively disproportionate. I mean, I watch these cop shows on Bravo where you see career criminals getting off with serious crimes, simply because the CPS don't think they will get a conviction. I know that's the way it goes but it seems totally out of whack to me.

What happened wasn't exactly bad but it's more what could have happened that they're getting punished for.

The Hammers fans weren't exactly pleased about it, a fair few of them were trying to get on the pitch to have a friendly discussion with them. So what happens if they go on the pitch too? A fight, where suddenly everyone wants in and before you know it 3 dosen blokes from both sets of fans are kicking 3 shades of sh*te out of each other on the pitch. Not to mention attacking the poor stewards trying to control the situation, the Police outside the ground and in town afterwards. Eventually someone goes one step to far and someone gets stabbed. Then it's all minutes silences, flowers outside the stadium and screaming, frothy mouthed hysterics about how the Police could allow this to happen.

We've all seen the amount of sh*t South Yorkshire Police are still getting 1/4 of a century later for failing to control a crowd. Are you really surprised they come down hard on incidents like this?

Edited by Lighthouse

What happened wasn't exactly bad but it's more what could have happened that they're getting punished for.

The Hammers fans weren't exactly pleased about it, a fair few of them were trying to get on the pitch to have a friendly discussion with them. So what happens if they go on the pitch too? A fight, where suddenly everyone wants in and before you know it 3 dosen blokes from both sets of fans are kicking 3 shades of sh*te out of each other on the pitch. Not to mention attacking the poor stewards trying to control the situation, the Police outside the ground and in town afterwards. Eventually someone goes one step to far and someone gets stabbed. Then it's all minutes silences, flowers outside the stadium and screaming, frothy mouthed hysterics about how the Police could allow this to happen.

We've all seen the amount of sh*t South Yorkshire Police are still getting 1/4 of a century later for failing to control a crowd. Are you really surprised they come down hard on incidents like this?

It wasn't the police it was SFC that banned them.

It wasn't the police it was SFC that banned them.

True but it still comes down to the same point. If someone ends up seriously injured or killed one day, they will all get dragged up in front of a board of inquiry and scrutinised on a microscopic level. Why did the stewards do this, how many did you have, how many Police were in the ground, what segregation was used, why were known pitch invaders not banned, who was in charge of Policing, was he qualified, has there been any previous trouble between these two sets of fans, was there trouble in town before the game etc. etc.

The club is just covering their arse. They will quite happily make an example of a couple of fans if it makes the rest think twice before doing it in future.

"What, as an end note, to make of Arsenal here? There was undoubtedly something gripping about the spectacle of the Emirates being overrun by a more vibrant, angrier, passionately involved footballing culture. Even in the good times Arsenal’s home can feel a little hollow and tinny, an orderly corporate shell. They aren’t alone. Many English grounds must seem bafflingly silent, colourless places to European fans raised on the idea of an English terrace culture. Sorry, chaps, but we sold that off a while back. And please, remember to exit via the gift shop." - The Guardian.

"What, as an end note, to make of Arsenal here? There was undoubtedly something gripping about the spectacle of the Emirates being overrun by a more vibrant, angrier, passionately involved footballing culture. Even in the good times Arsenal’s home can feel a little hollow and tinny, an orderly corporate shell. They aren’t alone. Many English grounds must seem bafflingly silent, colourless places to European fans raised on the idea of an English terrace culture. Sorry, chaps, but we sold that off a while back. And please, remember to exit via the gift shop." - The Guardian.

There's a lot of merit in that piece, although for balance, can you imagine the reporting if it was 1984 and Cologne V Arsenal? 'English hooligans storm Cologne End and disrupt city centre with thuggish behaviour'.

Couldn't agree more Eric

UK PLC 2017

I remember one game a few years back and the northam was singing "on the pitch, on the pitch" Then when a few people ran onto the pitch they started shouting "wan*kers" at them, absolutely pathetic. We do have a very weird fan base,