15-17th September Fixtures

Lighthouse

I think our saving grace could well be that there's some absolute gash in this league. Bournemouth, Brighton, Udders, Burnley, Swansea, West Ham, Newcastle and Palace really don't look up to much.

Leicester have had some tough fixtures so I'd cut them some slack for now but the jury is well and truly out on Everton.

How's Defoe's 3 year contract starting to look now?

I think our saving grace could well be that there's some absolute gash in this league. Bournemouth, Brighton, Udders, Burnley, Swansea, West Ham, Newcastle and Palace really don't look up to much.

Leicester have had some tough fixtures so I'd cut them some slack for now but the jury is well and truly out on Everton.

How's Defoe's 3 year contract starting to look now?

His contract is looking good for Bournemouth.

Always hate arrogant posts like this which come back to bite us. Each one of those sides listed there will be saying the same about us. We'll be in their list of absolute gash which will be their saving grace so let's not pretend we are better than any of those teams. It's going to one hell of a slog for survival and we've started horribly against fellow clubs who will struggle.

Bournemouth's midfield is woeful. Last season they had the benefit of Jack Wilshere bringing some premier league quality but the number of times they gave the ball away last night was shocking.

We really shouldn't count our chickens but it's fair to say that there are at least 6 teams worse than us in this league so let's stop this talk of struggling this season and get behind the team.

Bournemouth's midfield is woeful. Last season they had the benefit of Jack Wilshere bringing some premier league quality but the number of times they gave the ball away last night was shocking.

We really shouldn't count our chickens but it's fair to say that there are at least 6 teams worse than us in this league so let's stop this talk of struggling this season and get behind the team.

Didn't they go on a losing streak last season before they dropped Wilshere to the bench and started winning? By the end of the season he was a bench warmer for Bournemouth.

They can all score goals though....

Of course there are. We'll finish in the top half again, no problems. One defeat and suddenly the whole forum claims we're in a relegation battle :lol:

Of course there are. We'll finish in the top half again, no problems. One defeat and suddenly the whole forum claims we're in a relegation battle :lol:

I think the doom stems from an inability to score at one end of the pitch, and a weakness in goal that is always likely to concede (if the opposition manage a single shot on target). These traits have been recognised over a number of games, last season and this without being addressed.

Spurs still can't quite shake that Wembley hoodoo (in the league anyway). I think it will play as a disadvantage over the course of the season and they certainly won't gain as many points in my opinion. Thought they looked very poor and unsure of what to do today.

Everton 1-0 down after 4 minis :lol:

Absolutely sensational! It's a screamer from Antonio Valencia to give Manchester United an early lead. The ball is worked left to right, Nemanja Matic sweeps it across the front of the 18-yard box and Valencia, arriving from right-back, connects first time with his right foot, the sweetest connection into the roof of the net. A wonderful, wonderful strike.

From The Guardian: "You feel United can and should step this up and win in comfort; for now, they’ll have to be vigilant and make sure Martina, Everton’s biggest threat, gets a little less space down the right."

I always said Cuco got a lot of unfair stick on here. Maybe he's not as good as Cedric defensively (but wasn't bad), and going forward I think he puts in better crosses.

I always said Cuco got a lot of unfair stick on here. Maybe he's not as good as Cedric defensively (but wasn't bad), and going forward I think he puts in better crosses.

One of those players who blew hot and cold for us. He'd look fantastic one week and terrible the next, but he has something about him. Settled and playing regularly he could turn out to be one of koemans better signings there.