15-17th September Fixtures

Lighthouse

Spurs still can't quite shake that Wembley hoodoo (in the league anyway). I think it will play as a disadvantage over the course of the season and they certainly won't gain as many points in my opinion. Thought they looked very poor and unsure of what to do today.

Putting my traditional and personal views about Wembley usage aside, I think they've made a massive mistake in using Wembley rather than another venue this season. Surely players of opposing teams are going to raise their game when they play Spurs as its naturally going to feel like a cup final, and every player dreams of playing at Wembley. Not sure why away fans have been given such a small allocation though, perhaps to nullify that cup final atmosphere from visiting fans.

I've just realised we are above Arsenal in the table, have exactly the same points and goal difference as Liverpool and Newcastle are 4th :scared:

It's a welcome change from the norm tbh - in recent seasons (particularly last year) I think it has only taken 3 or 4 weeks for the top 5/6 to be the typical title contenders.

Shame United will come into our game with a big lift, not really merited from the way they wilted in the second half. Reckon we can give them a game, particularly with Pogba out, but we'll have to take any chances we get, because we know they will.

I'm not sure they needed a lift after the way they've started, they would have been full of confidence anyway. It's going to be a tough game but I wonder if in actual fact the big win might help us, because a) it may help United to feel a little over-confident and b) it might sharpen our players' focus even more (though one would hope they would already be prepared to the max).

The thing with United at the moment is that their big wins have come against teams who just seem to be a bit weak mentally when they go behind. West Ham conceded twice in the last three minutes, Swansea conceded three in the last ten minutes, Everton three in the last seven minutes, so as long as we can stay in the game, we've got a chance IMO. Despite the goal difference, I don't think they've been especially impressive for the vast majority of the time, but they (like us) have had a pretty kind run of fixtures to start the season.

The thing with United at the moment is that their big wins have come against teams who just seem to be a bit weak mentally when they go behind. West Ham conceded twice in the last three minutes, Swansea conceded three in the last ten minutes, Everton three in the last seven minutes, so as long as we can stay in the game, we've got a chance IMO. Despite the goal difference, I don't think they've been especially impressive for the vast majority of the time, but they (like us) have had a pretty kind run of fixtures to start the season.

Fair assessment. I think a lot of the score lines they've had so far have massively flattered them, Swansea being another at the start of the season.

I think we're better defensively than either of those teams, but the worry I have is who is going to frighten Utd? Who is going to stretch them? That's my only concern in the offensive side. But defensively, we've been pretty spot on this year and I don't see that changing next week.

Isn't that us? If the opposition score first we rarely look like getting a result these days.