• Lemina
    • Davis
    • Tadić
    • Redmond
    • Long
    • Ward-Prowse
    • van Dijk
    • Gabbiadini

Only saw second half due to streaming issues... (thanks to guys once again in streaming thread)... Lemina looks Schneiderlin-esque. Long was a complete PITA to their defence... causes so many issues... never looks like scoring but a horrid player to play against. Cedric and Berty solid but Yoshi and Hoedt were brilliant.

Hardly a classic but I'll take it. Lemon and Hoot the two main positives for me. Redmond was generally poor and slowed us down. Tadic better, Long was a 'nuisance' but never really looked like getting us a goal. Davis scuffed that shot, I don't care what anyone says.

Had we beaten Watford we'd be top right now, for the first time since I don't know when.

A good strong win, played very well in the first half and weathered the Palace reaction in the second well.

Lemina is exactly what we have needed for a while in midfield. Hoedt looked very composed. Credit to Long for rediscovering his ability to be an utter pain to play against and to the full backs for exchanging nicely with their forward men.

Very pleasing and feeling much better about the season now.

Neat and tidy performance.

No real excitement (or intent) going forward, but very solid and composed. Weathered the Palace early second half resurgence.

Decent platform to develop the style from: Hoedt looks excellent, Lemonade fantastic. Maya his usual understated-mr-reliable self.

Need to spice up the attack. Overall quite encouraging.... whilst remembering it was on Palace.

Neat and tidy performance.

No real excitement (or intent) going forward, but very solid and composed. Weathered the Palace early second half resurgence.

Decent platform to develop the style from: Hoedt looks excellent, Lemonade fantastic. Maya his usual understated-mr-reliable self.

Need to spice up the attack. Overall quite encouraging.... whilst remembering it was on Palace.

I like that the auto spell made 'Lemina' into 'Lemonade'....….so I'm not editing it!

Imagine the team with these two, and that Loftus Cheek chappie in front of them.

Great shout. Loftus Cheek is just the player to complete our line-up

MoPuel looked more likw MOPO with a great selection, game plan and top swubstitutions

Had we beaten Watford we'd be top of the league right now! Still I'll take the 1-0!

Decent performance. Lemina my MOTM as he has beast mode, such good control when he has the ball. Long worked his tits off. Davis also. I think Tadic had a decent game but not brilliant. Also credit to Hoedt and Bertrand. And Fraser who gets a lot of stick but made two important saves. I genuinely thought Palace would score but I overestimated Palace's goalscoring potential.

Pleased.

Forster 7: Two important reaction saves and decent kicking. Much better than last week.

Cedric 6: Got forward well but he's been better.

Yoshida 7: Turning into Mr Reliable. Did well, I like Stephens but I'm more confident with Yoshida in there. (Didn't think I'd be saying that a couple of years ago.)

Hoedt: 8: Good heading, good long passing. Good vision. Asset. I think our defence will be strong this year once everyone is up and running and fit.

Bertrand 7: Thiught he had a good game. Intelligent at times and got involved in attack.

Romeu 6: Bettered by Lemina but finally a good defensive midfield duo in the making.

Lemina 8: Great signing. Beast. Wins balls, controls balls, strides forward. Not perfect yet, made a couple of possessional errors, but a great signing.

Davis 7: Well taken goal, was working hard for the cause.

Tadic 7: Better. Good creativity but he's still quite slow.

Redmond 5: I like him but not a great game. Had a couple of shots on target but often plays the wrong ball. Can be better.

Long 7: Worked his tits off. A nuisance. Not a goalscorer but offers a lot otherwise.

Subs: Dont deserve rating but I cheered (not booed) when I saw VVD. He's in Saints colours, he deserves our support.

Really enjoyable viewing (barring the 6mins of added on time?!?!). Lemina was superb and clearly MOTM but both summer signings looked excellent. So pleased that Long started and stretched their defence, as well as holding up the ball, winning headers and chasing everything down which created chances/won possession for us.

Thank you, Saints, for a very satisfying away performance - and a goal! Well done Davis.

Oh, and well done to FF, too! Two very good saves.

Lemina was great, and some of Hoedt's passing was superb. Davis also did well in the build up to the goal, and it was a good finish with his weaker foot (credit where it's due).

That said, I wouldn't get carried away with the result or the performance. We managed a single goal against what is now historically the worst team to ever begin a top flight season, and didn't exactly dominate the second half. We still have almost no pace in transition, and the likes of Redmond and Davis still slow down the attack the majority of the time looking for the most conservative pass.

Much much better today though Palace made it easy by standing off us. Still could have easily drawn or even lost that though when you consider Palace's chances (Well done Fraser). Both the big signings looked very good today so hopefully the black box isn't broken after all. Our build up play continues to be too slow though - Redmond culpable again.

Good away performance, tactically spot on. Best performance of the season by far, what a difference a week makes. We had a pattern of play & everybody knew their role.

Long fantastic, the 2 centre halves excellent , Forster's best game for a long long time, Tadic similar . Davo & OR did well but Lemina clearly motm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good performance, despite Redmond's 'usual contribution'. Gabbi very unlucky to get dropped. I think him and Long could play together as part of a front three.

Could we get Redmond to just run fast up and down the touchline for 90 minutes? It would be no less effective and would let another player on the pitch? ;)

I'm hoping everyone who insisted on boing VVD has got it out of their system now! Clever management to re-introduce him in a low-key manner - for the last 5 (actually 10) minutes while winning in front of just 3,000 Saints fans.

Had we beaten Watford we'd be top of the league right now! Still I'll take the 1-0!

Decent performance. Lemina my MOTM as he has beast mode, such good control when he has the ball. Long worked his tits off. Davis also. I think Tadic had a decent game but not brilliant. Also credit to Hoedt and Bertrand. And Fraser who gets a lot of stick but made two important saves. I genuinely thought Palace would score but I overestimated Palace's goalscoring potential.

Pleased.

Forster 7: Two important reaction saves and decent kicking. Much better than last week.

Cedric 6: Got forward well but he's been better.

Yoshida 7: Turning into Mr Reliable. Did well, I like Stephens but I'm more confident with Yoshida in there. (Didn't think I'd be saying that a couple of years ago.)

Hoedt: 8: Good heading, good long passing. Good vision. Asset. I think our defence will be strong this year once everyone is up and running and fit.

Bertrand 7: Thiught he had a good game. Intelligent at times and got involved in attack.

Romeu 6: Bettered by Lemina but finally a good defensive midfield duo in the making.

Lemina 8: Great signing. Beast. Wins balls, controls balls, strides forward. Not perfect yet, made a couple of possessional errors, but a great signing.

Davis 7: Well taken goal, was working hard for the cause.

Tadic 7: Better. Good creativity but he's still quite slow.

Redmond 5: I like him but not a great game. Had a couple of shots on target but often plays the wrong ball. Can be better.

Long 7: Worked his tits off. A nuisance. Not a goalscorer but offers a lot otherwise.

Subs: Dont deserve rating but I cheered (not booed) when I saw VVD. He's in Saints colours, he deserves our support.

Overall agree. I'd probably give both Redmond and Tadic a 7 for first half, but Redmond 5 and Tadic 6 in second. Lemina maybe a 9 to be honest, he was sublime both in and out of possession.

Today's effort was somewhere between this...

Horrible game of football. Davis scuffed it otherwise 0-0. Lemina an island of talent in a sea of sh*t

And this...

Sssshhh mate - the win was never in doubt. Absolutely all over them. Made more chances, looked cool defensively, what more do you want? Better than anything under Puel.

Crucial win for us. I thought defence played well and the attack did just enough.

Agreed. If we can pick up a few wins while MP works on our attacking threat then big bonus.

In Ravello (Italy, Amalfi coast) for the week so couldn't watch the game. Will enjoy a few beers in the square and sun now to celebrate.

Wins breed confidence. 8 points from our first 5 (winnable games) was my minimum expectation.

COYS

:badger: :badger: :badger: