Lemina!

Bad Wolf

Thought he was head and shoulder above everyone else in the palace game.

Brilliant performance.

he did get acres of space for much of the game against a crap side...but he still controlled the game and it is still early days.

be interesting to see how he copes against Matic and co...

looks like a very good player

Phil Neville just advised that 'Big clubs will already be looking at him'. Oh well it was nice while it lasted.

Hopefully, though, he'll be another like Bertrand & Romeu who has been in that big club situation already & now wants some proper game time to show what he can do. Yes, he'll probably go back up the ladder at some point but maybe not for a couple of years at least, I think.

He's 24 and signed a five year deal so I expect we'll sell him when he's 27 for loads of money.

Which is fine by me.

Looked excellent yesterday and if he'd played against Watford last week I expect we would have had a different result.

So frustrating that we didn't manage to sign one more player to compete with Redmond because the squad is actually looking very strong with Hoedt and VVD in the mix.

Hopefully Sims can make an impact when he's fit.

Makes me laugh, These Liverpool supporters think they are some sort of European super power that they haven't been for 30 years now and probably in none of their lifetimes. Lamina will be here for 2 seasons and then go to a serious club, not the Scouse wannabies!

I always think the best profile of player we should be going for is the ones that the big clubs look at - but don't think are ready.

Vic & VvD are prime examples.

Correct. I agree. I don't think anyone would argue with this. We get two years of having a great player ,and then we can sell them after two years for a big profit. Everyones a winner.

He looked a real midfield general yesterday, yes it was against Palace but even so he still looked a class act. If he gives that kind of performance 20+ times this season we will have a seriously good player on our hands.

Makes you wonder why Juve sold him for £14M, could turn out to be a very shrewd piece of business on SFC's part.

Those Liverpool fans do know we are on the same amount of points as them yeh?

Plus I really can't see our board agreeing to deal with them again, there will always be plenty of takers for our players IF we want to sell one, so we can basically just ignore Liverpool.

Makes you wonder why Juve sold him for £14M, could turn out to be a very shrewd piece of business on SFC's part.

Cos they have a lot of good midfielders, he was like 3rd/4th choice and they don't get the Premiership millions so getting 20 million euros for a back up is solid business, especially one you only bought for about 9 million euros.

Made it into Garth Crooks team of the week

My goodness, this lad looks a powerhouse.

I suppose when you've played for one of the biggest clubs in the world, you should have all the tools to survive in any league. However, what I witnessed in Southampton's Mario Lemina was a player who seemed to stifle Crystal Palace's every move.

The former Juventus man was composed on the ball and timely in the tackle - and for a holding midfielder, he was very capable of hurting the opposition.

Lemina is a top-four player in my opinion and fair play to Southampton for making the purchase. Why he is not playing for Liverpool or Arsenal is a mystery to me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41301493

mmmmmm...

Made it into Garth Crooks team of the week

My goodness, this lad looks a powerhouse.

I suppose when you've played for one of the biggest clubs in the world, you should have all the tools to survive in any league. However, what I witnessed in Southampton's Mario Lemina was a player who seemed to stifle Crystal Palace's every move.

The former Juventus man was composed on the ball and timely in the tackle - and for a holding midfielder, he was very capable of hurting the opposition.

Lemina is a top-four player in my opinion and fair play to Southampton for making the purchase. Why he is not playing for Liverpool or Arsenal is a mystery to me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41301493

mmmmmm...

Don't worry .... Kloppo The Clown will have him on speed dial by now :rolleyes:

Lamina looks very promising but let's not forget that this time last year, poeple were getting quite excited with the performances of our new midfeilder acquired from Bayern Munich. Let's not get ahead of ourselves eh?

from his performances at Huddersfield and Crystal Palace there is no comparsion between Mario and Peirre, Mario in fact on early preformances is superior to Romeu IMO and Romeu is one of our best players, as Lamina's distribution is better and he seems to have a knack of winning challanges without giving away fouls

Lamina looks very promising but let's not forget that this time last year, poeple were getting quite excited with the performances of our new midfeilder acquired from Bayern Munich. Let's not get ahead of ourselves eh?

I think the difference is Lemina is getting a lot of praise from pundits even fans of other teams seemed to have taken notice of him Hoj didn't really get that kind of coverage just saints fans saying he looked decent after his first couple of games.

He's looking like he is the type of player we lost and never replaced when we sold Schneiderlin.

We got lucky for a year as we had Wanyama, who lets be honest, is one of the best DM's in the league (Only just behind Matic and Kante for me), but last year, with only having Romeu in there we looked weak and often exposed.

Early doors so far, but I'm excited about him.

Lamina was outstanding on Saturday. He reminded me of a hybrid cross between Big Vic and Schneiderlin. He was great at breaking up play, powerful in his runs and just didn't give the ball away. When he won it back he also took it cleanly without fouling the opponent. He really looks some player just a shame about his 2 bob haircut. :lol:

Lemina is the missing piece of the midfield puzzle that we sorely lacked last season an excellent player, best signing in ages, PEH and JWP take note that is what a CM is supposed to look like. Great tackling, decent turn of pace, good with the ball at his feet decent range of passing. I want to see Lemina, Romeu and Davis in central midfield for the rest of the season please.

I really like Lemina. He takes some of the pressure off Romeu in the middle of the park. He's very comfortable on the ball, and he looks to be OK with the physical stuff as evidenced by his scraps with Fellaini today.

He seems to appreciate the chant that the supporters made up for him - he retweeted it from his Twitter account last week

They way he always is looking forward - be it with a pass or driving run. We haven't had a player like this and in the second half his ability gave confidence to the rest of the team going forward.

This lad is a one of the signings of the summer.

Now if we can add some spice to the front 4 with a new player of similar quality we'll be a real threat.

Looks the sort of player who could play at a massive club like Juventus!

Their midfield must be incredibly good. Is it though? Or have they blundered. Lemina is a top shelf player and judged by his last two performances, he's a 50k player. Just hope we can keep him for a couple of seasons. He is the type of player you keep your eyes on; just like you had to when Mane played for SFC - he looked the best player on the park against Man U.