Lemina!

Bad Wolf

He is immense!

Just a thought but I wonder if he could play in a more forward role? He’s quick, tricky, hard to knock off the ball and can pass. Might help our offensive play. We could always drop Steve Davis or JWP in deeper to,play alongside Romeu in DM.

He is immense!

Just a thought but I wonder if he could play in a more forward role? He’s quick, tricky, hard to knock off the ball and can pass. Might help our offensive play. We could always drop Steve Davis or JWP in deeper to,play alongside Romeu in DM.

We can all see that but the coaching staff can’t.

His sale will likely help find our promotion push next season

There's no way in hell we'll be having a promotion push next season. It will take us a couple of years to acclimatise, and it might even require a season or three down in League 1 for us to have a complete clear out and then try and work our way back up. The youngsters coming through now are nowhere near as good as the ones we had on our last journey down in the lower leagues, so it's going to be incredibly tough to get back up after this seasons inevitable relegation.

There's no way in hell we'll be having a promotion push next season. It will take us a couple of years to acclimatise, and it might even require a season or three down in League 1 for us to have a complete clear out and then try and work our way back up. The youngsters coming through now are nowhere near as good as the ones we had on our last journey down in the lower leagues, so it's going to be incredibly tough to get back up after this seasons inevitable relegation.

I disagree with this.

Mcqueen, Taggart and Jack Stephens are certainly good enough to step in any of our best teams if they suited a system and had a manager believing in them.

Can't be any worse than Lloyd James and Fish Mills. Also our promotions in the lower leagues were hardly built on a team of academy boys ( Lallana and Oxo aside) mostly it came from buying better players than most of the sides around us especially when it came to strikers in form like Lambert, Barnard and Sharpe.

When Arsenal get their arse in gear and sack Wenger, he'd be perfect for them. Fortunately I can't see that happening any time soon.

Wouldn't surprise me if Liverpool saw him as a replacement for Can when he leaves.

Are Glasgow and Alpine running evening classes now?

He is immense!

Same thought has occurred to me. I think he plays in a more advanced position for Gabon, doesn't he?

Same thought has occurred to me. I think he plays in a more advanced position for Gabon, doesn't he?

I'm surprised we haven't done it already tbh. But then at home we can play him in the shuttle role Ward-Prowse was starting to get decent at last season (not a patch on Lemina though), along with one striker and one support striker in the AM slot - whilst away we'd tend to lean on the 2 DMs more.

• 2 weeks later...
FFS IT'S OVER! Go home people :/

This.

Our poor club didn't even exist before Lemina signed. We have zero chance of doing anything until he returns. Might as well forfeit the games while he is out.

#leminashapedholeisunfillable

They always put these bout things on players with ankle injuries. It’s what Nigel Adkins used to call “shutting down the player”
The trouble is, I can't remember the last time a Saints player came back from injury earlier than hoped/expected. Our players always seem to be out longer than best case scenario. Or maybe that's just me seeing things through pessimist tinted glasses.

The trouble is, I can't remember the last time a Saints player came back from injury earlier than hoped/expected. Our players always seem to be out longer than best case scenario. Or maybe that's just me seeing things through pessimist tinted glasses.

We've regularly been at the top of the physioroom charts, so I don't think your glasses are pessimistically tinted. Saints' physiotherapists need to go. Along with Dave Watson. And Eric Black, of course.

• 1 month later...