Lemina!

Bad Wolf

At long last we now have a 'schneiderlin/wanyama'-esque duo in midfield. Great foundation for the rest of the season, with VvD sticking around being the icing on the cake. We've arguably got the best back 6 group (outfield players) in the league right now.

And, yes, I know I'm getting ahead of myself... ;)

At long last we now have a 'schneiderlin/wanyama'-esque duo in midfield. Great foundation for the rest of the season, with VvD sticking around being the icing on the cake. We've arguably got the best back 6 group (outfield players) in the league right now.

Spurs I think tbh :)

Strong, cultured performance, though palace totally stood off him and Romeu.

Best back six :lol: Let's see how everyone gets on against the likes of City, United and Chelsea before throwing around superlatives. We just kept a clean sheet against a team that's smashing league records for ineptitude in front of goal.

#thesaintswebway

Edited by shurlock

Strong, cultured performance, though palace totally stood off him and Romeu.

Best back six :lol: Let's see how everyone gets on against City, United and Chelsea before throwing around superlatives. We just kept a clean sheet against a team that's smashing league records for ineptitude in front of goal.

#thesaintswebway

Whats wrong with a bit of positivity and wishful thinking ? Surely the ingredients are there now; perhaps thats why we so doggedly hung on to VVD. Maybe he will now want to be part of that.

Whats wrong with a bit of positivity and wishful thinking ? Surely the ingredients are there now; perhaps thats why we so doggedly hung on to VVD. Maybe he will now want to be part of that.

Are you being ironic Alps? :scared:

Nothing wrong with wishful thinking - I'm sure legions of Nigerian scam artists would agree.

Let's see him next week against a decent side before wetting our pants. He was good today, but the space they gave him, particularly first half, my mum could have looked class. Utd next week, followed by tough battle at Stoke, we'll know a bit more after those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhhh. Still missing Puel?

Agree, our spine is looking pretty good, especially if Forster can find some form. We just need to find a player that is basically a combination of Redmond and Tadic. (i.e. Mane) someone with the pace/movement of Redmond but the technical ability of Tadic.

Came through the ranks and learnt his trade at a smaller club, went to a big club and did well but never a big enough name nor, sadly, good enough to cut it there so we've got ourselves a nice little deal. Very much like Morgan Schneiderlin's situation (albeit Lemina was cheaper).

Looks to be very good and the type of player we need.

Absolutely outstanding. I don't want to get too carried away as Palace just allowed him to do what he wanted to do.

But even when they did pressure him, he used a trick to get out of a tight spot. You can usually tell a 'player' pretty early on in their club career, and this guy is a proper player. Touch, technique, pace, intelligence, strength. He ticks a lot of boxes.