Man United Build-Up

Saint_lambden

Would only make 1 change from Palace:

----------------------FF--------------------

--Cedric-----Yoshi-----Hoedt---Bertrand--

------------Romeu---Lemina--------------

--Redmond------Davis---------Gabbi----

-------------------Long-------------------

Subs: Alex Mc, VVD, Stephens, JWP, Boufal, Tadic, Austin(if fit).

1-1.

-----------------Forster------------------

--Hoedt------Yoshida-----VVD---------

----------Romeo---------Lemina-----------------

Cedric------------------------------------Bertrand

-----------------------Davis--------------------

-----------------------Tadic---------------------------------

-----------------------Long---------------------------------

Forster

Cedric

VvD

Hoedt

Bertrand

Romeu

Lemina

Davis

Tadic

Boufal

Gabbiadini

Bench: McCarthy, Yoshida/Stephens, Targett, JWP, Tadic, Long/Austin

Saints 2 (VvD, Gabbi) Man Utd 2

Tadic boufal and gabba vs Utd? Be overrun completely.,

Would only make 1 change from Palace:

----------------------FF--------------------

--Cedric-----Yoshi-----Hoedt---Bertrand--

------------Romeu---Lemina--------------

--Redmond------Davis---------Gabbi----

-------------------Long-------------------

Subs: Alex Mc, VVD, Stephens, JWP, Boufal, Tadic, Austin(if fit).

1-1.

I thought Tadic was miles better than Redmond today - what did Redmond do to keep his place ahead of Tadic

Yup' date=' he definitely was. Not sure Redmond deserves to start at the moment.[/quote']

He is one of the few players with a bit of pace in the team replacing him with Boufal or JWP just slows down our already pedestrian attack you could replace him with Long but he generally gives the ball away even more than Redmond. Could possibly try McQueen out wide instead of Redmond I guess.

Any one going for three CB's?

When VvD came on yesterday, he immediately slipped into his commanding and dominant organising self - sorted out Hoedt and yosh and for the 5 or so minutes together I thought at the time that that formation could work.

Yosh has has a lot of experience filling in at wing back, so three cb with bert and cedric pushing up could cause them a few problems. On paper, our back four of cedric, vvd, hoedt, and bertrand looks to be as strong and as skillful as any I've seen this season (albeit on tv for most of them). And Lemina and Romeu also look like like developing into a brilliant holding midfield duo - all we need are a few more goals.

I was at the game yesterday, and having been to all our games this season, I was really blown away with Lemina (especially) but also Hoedt - these two must be two of the best buys we've made for ages. Hopefully Hoedt and VvD can really strike up a great partnership - probably too late for Holland though.

Tough test this one - but for the first time in a little while I'm beginning to think that we might start to give the so-called top six a run for their money

May 2016 (May 1st Man City and May 8th Spurs) last time we beat one of top 6 in the premier league.

United game will be 503 days since our last top 6 league scalp.

Time is now..... 1-0 Saints, Austin 90th minute :)

So that would be 2 of the big 4?

Any one going for three CB's?

When VvD came on yesterday, he immediately slipped into his commanding and dominant organising self - sorted out Hoedt and yosh and for the 5 or so minutes together I thought at the time that that formation could work.

Yosh has has a lot of experience filling in at wing back, so three cb with bert and cedric pushing up could cause them a few problems. On paper, our back four of cedric, vvd, hoedt, and bertrand looks to be as strong and as skillful as any I've seen this season (albeit on tv for most of them). And Lemina and Romeu also look like like developing into a brilliant holding midfield duo - all we need are a few more goals.

I was at the game yesterday, and having been to all our games this season, I was really blown away with Lemina (especially) but also Hoedt - these two must be two of the best buys we've made for ages. Hopefully Hoedt and VvD can really strike up a great partnership - probably too late for Holland though.

Tough test this one - but for the first time in a little while I'm beginning to think that we might start to give the so-called top six a run for their money

Really? I think we are miles off them. Watford beat us rather easily (minus Lemina to be fair which might have made a difference) and yet City destroyed them with barely breaking a sweat. The Manchester sides seem to have gone up another level this season.

Really? I think we are miles off them. Watford beat us rather easily (minus Lemina to be fair which might have made a difference) and yet City destroyed them with barely breaking a sweat. The Manchester sides seem to have gone up another level this season.

Man City did do that last year but then fell away horribly, plus the lino and the ref certainly gave them a helping hand, two goals were offside and Watford had a stonewall penalty not given as well. Man City are superb going forward but brittle, Otamendi, Stones are dodgy as hell and both their full backs are good but better going forward than defending. Also they don't have much protection in front of that shaky defence.

If Salah had his shooting and crossing boots on Liverpool would have scored 2 before Mane got sent off.

Not that I particulary think we are near the top 6, need at least one outstanding attacker, maybe two in January, like basically unearth another Mane but not of the top 6 are that convincing to me, maybe Man Utd but the rest seem to have massive frailties. But I'd reckon our back 6 is up there with anyone in the league.

well after just watching utd demolish everton think we maybe in for a hard game,they've so improved on last season.

nobody has their goalscoring boots on for us,whilst they are knocking them in for fun.

only thing is hopefully are defence can keep them out.

my prediction 1-3

up the saints

Everton basically handed them the game with their **** midfield and central defence.

We won't do that (hopefully!)

But United have started with a rampage, so I wouldn't be surprised - or angry - if we get turned over.

Take a point as long as we can score a goal or two.

We've been expected to win our homes games up to now. Here's a home game we're not expected to win and this could be to our advantage. A couple of goals from open play would be good so as to get rid of the pressure of not scoring and, you never know, without the weight of expectation we might just spring a surprise and win.

We've been expected to win our homes games up to now. Here's a home game we're not expected to win and this could be to our advantage. A couple of goals from open play would be good so as to get rid of the pressure of not scoring and, you never know, without the weight of expectation we might just spring a surprise and win.
But we don't really expect to win home games at the moment. Since the beginning of Feb, our away record is great: W5 D3 L2.

But the home record over the same period is the problem: W2 D4 L4.

Confidence at home is low and the crowd need to do their bit too - don't start moaning as soon as things aren't going right.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

He is one of the few players with a bit of pace in the team replacing him with Boufal or JWP just slows down our already pedestrian attack you could replace him with Long but he generally gives the ball away even more than Redmond. Could possibly try McQueen out wide instead of Redmond I guess.

Does he though? I'm wondering if he is actually that quick. He has quick feet, always looks 'nippy', and is certainly faster than Tadic, but how often does he cover the ground quickly in the way that Long does? Does he ever beat a defender hands down for pace? I have a feeling the stats mcbendy posted, although far from reliable evidence, also failed to show Redmond as one of the speediest in the squad.

Does he though? I'm wondering if he is actually that quick. He has quick feet, always looks 'nippy', and is certainly faster than Tadic, but how often does he cover the ground quickly in the way that Long does? Does he ever beat a defender hands down for pace? I have a feeling the stats mcbendy posted, although far from reliable evidence, also failed to show Redmond as one of the speediest in the squad.

According to that spreadsheet that posted a while ago Redmond's overall pace isn't great. However, he is fast over 5-10 metres. Boufal is quicker over the same distance though.

Forster

Cedric

VvD

Hoedt

Bertrand

Romeu

Lemina

Davis

Tadic

Boufal

Gabbiadini

Bench: McCarthy, Yoshida/Stephens, Targett, JWP, Tadic, Redmond/Long/Austin

Saints 2 (VvD, Gabbi) Man Utd 2

That is our best team on paper. However, that front 3 aren't on form. I'd like to see it though.

Wish I was as optimistic as some people on here, winning 1-0 against a truly awful Palace and suddenly we're in a position to turn over United!? VVD or not I still expect to get soundly beaten by them, I'd absolutely bite your hand off for a point but won't hold my breath.