Koeman

Toomer

The way he left us, with the aggressive hand his agent played, I have to say that I hope he falls on his fat arse. He was good for us most of the time, but everyone always belittles little old Southampton by continually thinking that the grass is greener elsewhere.

The way he left us, with the aggressive hand his agent played, I have to say that I hope he falls on his fat arse. He was good for us most of the time, but everyone always belittles little old Southampton by continually thinking that the grass is greener elsewhere.

There is an increasingly long list of people who leave us for 'bigger and better' but end up going backwards.

I feel sorry for a few of them!

It makes one wonder if the root of all these teams playing midfield possession football but useless in final third are a result of the need for coaches to obtain coaching badges . Someone seems to have set a blueprint of Barca in stone and trained all coaches to follow the method . (bloo y hell a score in third quarter in NFL match on BBC2 , boring or what ) Unfortunately none of these teams have a Messi to whiz across penalty area and score endless goals.

Most comments about Everton were their total failure up front , only 1 shot on goal in second half even with talisman Rooney on the pitch.

Anyone who thinks Koeman could do any better with this squad is deluded or related to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'd be better at the back we have 4 good CBs, two decent full backs and two good DMs perfect for the sort of organised and solid defence Koeman loves. We'd still be **** up front though because we have very little quality up front regardless of the manager.

Anyone who thinks Koeman could do any better with this squad is deluded or related to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koeman got more out of the squad. Tadic and Long were both decent under Koeman

Long bagged 15 or something goals in Koemans last season with us

Koeman got more out of the squad. Tadic and Long were both decent under Koeman

Long bagged 15 or something goals in Koemans last season with us

Which had absolutely nothing to do with them having a powerful, technically good, goal-scoring target man and a pacy, unpredictable goalscorer in the team to give the opponents other things to think about and create space for them to work in. We have neither, now.

I'm sure Koeman would do wonders by transforming Redmond into Mane and Austin into Pelle.

Most of our issues are due to the squad being far weaker in attacking areas than it has been in previous years.

I think Guardiola would struggle to get anything out of the dross MP has to work with.

Which had absolutely nothing to do with them having a powerful, technically good, goal-scoring target man and a pacy, unpredictable goalscorer in the team to give the opponents other things to think about and create space for them to work in. We have neither, now.

I'm sure Koeman would do wonders by transforming Redmond into Mane and Austin into Pelle.

Most of our issues are due to the squad being far weaker in attacking areas than it has been in previous years.

I think Guardiola would struggle to get anything out of the dross MP has to work with.

But doesn't this mean Puel was dealt an even worse hand last season?

Had no Gabbiadini in first half of season, had no VVD in the second half.

Also had no Hoedt or Lemina and we had a GK who was woeful.

It makes me wonder, if it was the players who hounded out Puel, then what do they have to say about themselves with regards to results now?!

It makes one wonder if the root of all these teams playing midfield possession football but useless in final third are a result of the need for coaches to obtain coaching badges . Someone seems to have set a blueprint of Barca in stone and trained all coaches to follow the method . (bloo y hell a score in third quarter in NFL match on BBC2 , boring or what ) Unfortunately none of these teams have a Messi to whiz across penalty area and score endless goals.

Most comments about Everton were their total failure up front , only 1 shot on goal in second half even with talisman Rooney on the pitch.

I have thought this for a while now. It's colour by numbers football and its killing the game. Sides are being coached to retain possession and work the ball into 'zones'. I won't be paying to watch this sh_ite much longer.

I have thought this for a while now. It's colour by numbers football and its killing the game. Sides are being coached to retain possession and work the ball into 'zones'. I won't be paying to watch this sh_ite much longer.

Exactly how I felt on leaving Stoke on Saturday. Call me what you like but I'm getting to the point where spending £2K a year being bored every week isn't a viable option. I want to be entertained and frankly I had a better feel good factor every weekend when we were in league one and The Championship.

It makes me wonder, if it was the players who hounded out Puel, then what do they have to say about themselves with regards to results now?!

Spot on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree completely. The squad last year was even weaker than it is this, with obvious gaps in defense, midfield and up front.

Puel did well to get anything out of them.

It was a shame that Koeman wanted to just run his contract down here which the club were never going to allow. Hurt a bit at the time but as enjoyable as many games were, there were some right shockers too. His Barcelona dream must look a very, very long way away right now. Oh well, and it is a nice distraction from our lot to be witnessing the present Merseyslide that's going on.

dq5b9c.jpg

There's a lot of truth in that. What ever happened to one-touch football?

His Barcelona dream must look a very, very long way away right now.

I’m not so sure, they’re a completely different type of club when it comes to appointing managers . They were talking about Koeman on sky Sunday morning and a journo said that sometimes English people don’t realise just what a big name he is abroad. They’re obsessed with Cruyff in Barcelona, with his link I wouldn’t rule him out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

£220m spent and struggling to find goals :lol:

There's a reason why goalscorers fetch the biggest fees and it's because they're the most crucial player. Our goals left with Pelle/Mane and Everton's left with Lukaku. It's criminal they didn't spend most of the fee on replacing him the same way we wasted our £50m on Boufal/Redmond instead of proven goalscorers.

If he doesn't turn things round this will be a huge hit to his CV. Clubs will struggle to trust him spending big money.

£220m spent and struggling to find goals :lol:

There's a reason why goalscorers fetch the biggest fees and it's because they're the most crucial player. Our goals left with Pelle/Mane and Everton's left with Lukaku. It's criminal they didn't spend most of the fee on replacing him the same way we wasted our £50m on Boufal/Redmond instead of proven goalscorers.

If he doesn't turn things round this will be a huge hit to his CV. Clubs will struggle to trust him spending big money.

Koeman probably has as much influence on transfers as Pellegrino and Puel before him.

The ultimate authority on all football club matters no longer sits with the first team manager and hasn't done for a number of years. Steve Walsh is responsible for player recruitment at Everton, much like Ross Wilson is at SFC.

Its a bit like blaming a builder for not completing the build of an extension when the house owner sourced materials and failed to get all items on the builders shopping list.

In some sports its now more common for under performing teams to sack the GM before they sacked the coach. Koeman like Pellegrino has been let down by the recruitment team.

Koeman probably has as much influence on transfers as Pellegrino and Puel before him.

The ultimate authority on all football club matters no longer sits with the first team manager and hasn't done for a number of years. Steve Walsh is responsible for player recruitment at Everton, much like Ross Wilson is at SFC.

Its a bit like blaming a builder for not completing the build of an extension when the house owner sourced materials and failed to get all items on the builders shopping list.

In some sports its now more common for under performing teams to sack the GM before they sacked the coach. Koeman like Pellegrino has been let down by the recruitment team.

Poor Ronald :(

If this happens the meltdown among their fans will be entertaining.

Why, there are lots of them saying that they want him out now, they would be getting their way.

The problem is that it's all so short-termism, everybody wants it now, and unfortunately for most teams outside of the big 6 it ain't like that. It's peaks and troughs, so if you cant take the rough with the smooth then your probably continually going to want change.

Look at all the Puel out posters here, how many now want MP gone already?

Why, there are lots of them saying that they want him out now, they would be getting their way.

The problem is that it's all so short-termism, everybody wants it now, and unfortunately for most teams outside of the big 6 it ain't like that. It's peaks and troughs, so if you cant take the rough with the smooth then your probably continually going to want change.

How many wanted MP in the first place?

How many wanted MP in the first place?

Fans don't get to choose the manager, so it doesn't matter what they wanted. If we now get rid of MP I'm fairly certain that the fans will not be consulted who comes next. As far as the fans go - it's just a revolving door numbers game i.e. like I said in the original post, short-termism.

Lol not true. Do you think it's a coincidence that when Koeman joined we signed 4 players (Pelle Tadic Martina Clasie) from the Dutch league + Dutch international Elia? Or when Puel joined we signed Pied and Boufal from Ligue 1? The board/DoF decide how much the club can spend but the manager has a big say in who he wants. There's been quotes from the club before that went something along the lines of "The manager says he needs a player for X position, our scouts give him 3 names and he picks one."

Koeman had £80m to spend when he joined us and got the players he wanted. He's had £220m to spend at Everton and signed 3 #10's when he already had Barkley. He's hugely responsible for agreeing to buy all these midfielders with no money left for a proper striker. He's hugely responsible for having Martina and Williams in his best XI defence. We should be thanking him for throwing Everton's money down the toilet and setting the club back a few years.

“We speak about also the important signings we like to do together, of course we need to have agreement but we found it really good, we know exactly what we like and what we need for the first team.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/koeman-summer-transfers-everton-ronald-12990748

Edited by Ultimatt

Many of them did not want Koeman in the first place. They believe they are a big club. If Everton replaces Koeman with a manager who was fired after one underwhelming year at Watford, their fans will lose their nuts.

Many of them did not want Koeman in the first place. They believe they are a big club. If Everton replaces Koeman with a manager who was fired after one underwhelming year at Watford, their fans will lose their nuts.

...does that mean they will start singing in high-pitched voices?

Exactly how I felt on leaving Stoke on Saturday. Call me what you like but I'm getting to the point where spending £2K a year being bored every week isn't a viable option. I want to be entertained and frankly I had a better feel good factor every weekend when we were in league one and The Championship.

It has to be said that we have been anything but entertaining since the start of last season (with a few notable exceptions). Just utterly feckin tedious.