Koeman

Toomer

About 98% of that goes to the shirt manufacturers, it's only going to be useful when it comes to renegotiating the deal with them. Clubs ony get a small fraction of shirt sale money, and usually that;s after they've sold a certain number of shirts

Correct. One of the biggest myths in football is how signing X makes sense because of the shirts they'll shift. As you say the manufacturer gains the most and once you add in the players image rights, the club make f u c k all from all the extra sales

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absofückinglutely not. Didn't rate him before he joined us, didn't rate when he was here and still don't rate him. It's clear that in his whole time in English football he has been lucky walking into clubs with underrated squads, especially by having superstar forwards Mané and Lukaku available to him. Now his luck has ran out, I'd sooner have Puel back. Poch>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pellegrino>Puel>Koeman>Adkins.

You are aware he had NO squad when he joined saints. Even tweeting his disastifaction with a picture of an open training ground.

The history rewriting that goes on on here is a joke. Koeman assembled the best squad at saints in my supporting lifetime. Bringing in key players like Pelle, Mane, Tadic, Bertrand, Cedric, Forster, Toby, VVD, Romeu. Honestly, the stuff our fans come out with on here is hilarious.

He may have done the dirty on us (or we forced him out), and he hasn't been very gracious since he left.... But lets not insult the man and make ourselves look lime completely demented vegetables with comments like this please.

You are aware he had NO squad when he joined saints. Even tweeting his disastifaction with a picture of an open training ground.

The history rewriting that goes on on here is a joke. Koeman assembled the best squad at saints in my supporting lifetime. Bringing in key players like Pelle, Mane, Tadic, Bertrand, Cedric, Forster, Toby, VVD, Romeu. Honestly, the stuff our fans come out with on here is hilarious.

He may have done the dirty on us (or we forced him out), and he hasn't been very gracious since he left.... But lets not insult the man and make ourselves look lime completely demented vegetables with comments like this please.

You have just made that up.

Yeah, I remember the picture - but it was never to show his dissatisfaction at anything, it was just showing the training ground setup and ready to go.

I guess we'll never know. It could have been a little jab at losing, Lallana, Shaw and Lambert (with Chambers about to leave) or just an innocent tweet about being ready for training.

The history rewriting that goes on on here is a joke.

It is you that has rewritten history! Just like the media did! :mcinnes:

That Tweet from Koeman was merely to show that he was ready for training and all the training gear and cones etc were in place. It wasn't him complaining at a lack of players ffs!

Koeman assembled fück all. Les and Mitchell assembled the best saints squad in years and Koeman benefited from it along with expectations being in the gutter, we were being tipped for relegation with a squad containing Fonte, Alderweireld, Clyne, Bertrand, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, Davis, Mané, Tadic and Pellè FFS. All that served to inflate Koeman's reputation way beyond his abilities as a coach, which were already inflated to begin with because of his playing career. Then he succeeds a crap manager at Everton having a superstar striker at his disposal and again he benefits from excessively low expectations. Only now is he getting exposed as the same guy that would have relegated a Valencia team that had Cañizares, Albiol, Marchena, Albelda, Villa, Baraja, Banega, Helguera, Mata, Joaquín and David Silva had he not been sacked before the end of the season.

The history rewriting that goes on on here is a joke. .

This post makes sense up to this point.

Of course, it's you doing the rewriting of history.

Koeman assembled fück all. Les and Mitchell assembled the best saints squad in years and Koeman benefited from it along with expectations being in the gutter, we were being tipped for relegation with a squad containing Fonte, Alderweireld, Clyne, Bertrand, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, Davis, Mané, Tadic and Pellè FFS. All that served to inflate Koeman's reputation way beyond his abilities as a coach, which were already inflated to begin with because of his playing career. Then he succeeds a crap manager at Everton having a superstar striker at his disposal and again he benefits from excessively low expectations. Only now is he getting exposed as the same guy that would have relegated a Valencia team that had Cañizares, Albiol, Marchena, Albelda, Villa, Baraja, Banega, Helguera, Mata, Joaquín and David Silva had he not been sacked before the end of the season.

You seem desperate not to give him any credit. We don't know how much say he had in new signings (I'd assume a fair bit) but we know he was a draw for new players. And once they're here, he had to craft them into a functional, harmonious new team. He did that instantly and we started absolutely on fire.

I don't know where expectations come into it. What do your expectations have to be for 7th and 6th to not be really strong finishes?

You seem desperate not to give him any credit. We don't know how much say he had in new signings (I'd assume a fair bit) but we know he was a draw for new players. And once they're here, he had to craft them into a functional, harmonious new team. He did that instantly and we started absolutely on fire.

I don't know where expectations come into it. What do your expectations have to be for 7th and 6th to not be really strong finishes?

His anti Koeman rants do come across as pretty deranged.

Whatever happened before or after his time at Saints, he was a superb manager for us, by any yardstick and by any measure.

Also, pretty obvious he was central in the signings of Tadic and Pelle. Mane and Toby and Long and Bertrand and the rest, who knows but I am sure he had significant input.

Edited by CB Fry

It seems rather doubtful at the moment that dear old Ron will be in post when Everton move to their planned new stadium at Bramley Moore Dock in 2020

As an aside, much as I liked Goodison Park as a proper old ground (albeit with crap sight lines etc), I have never seen Saints win there in all the various times I have ventured north with the Saints.

It seems rather doubtful at the moment that dear old Ron will be in post when Everton move to their planned new stadium at Bramley Moore Dock in 2020

As an aside, much as I liked Goodison Park as a proper old ground (albeit with crap sight lines etc), I have never seen Saints win there in all the various times I have ventured north with the Saints.

I saw them win there in 1974 but unfortunately we got relegated with Man U the first club If I remember finishing 3rd bottom to do so

But I agree we have had some thrashings there

I guess we'll never know. It could have been a little jab at losing, Lallana, Shaw and Lambert (with Chambers about to leave) or just an innocent tweet about being ready for training.

nope it was a tongue in cheek joke and as for those sales, i'm fairly sure he knew we would be losing those players before taking on the job.

for what it's worth, i agree he was an excellent manager for us who left me a massive sour taste in the way he left but now it is time to move on and support our current manager now.

Also, pretty obvious he was central in the signings of Tadic and Pelle. Mane and Toby and Long and Bertrand and the rest, who knows but I am sure he had significant input.

Pelle & Tadic clearly his. Didn't Toby say that Koeman was the main factor in wanting to come here. Bertrand, who knows, I'd imagine he was on our radar, but Ron could have blocked it if he didn't fancy him. I read an article where the long signing was held up as a great example of what happens nowadays. Koeman asked for a player used to playing in England that could play in a 3 or down the middle, and Les gave him 3 options and we ended up with Long.

Koeman was the perfect manager for the time. Big name, needing to rebuild his career slightly, used to players leaving and supremely confident. It suited his career and it suited us. Personally, I think he'd have been a disaster last season had he stayed, but we'll never know. I don't particularly rate him and feel Everton could have found a better fit, but the two seasons we had were superb. Right place, right person, right time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

His anti Koeman rants do come across as pretty deranged.

Whatever happened before or after his time at Saints, he was a superb manager for us, by any yardstick and by any measure.

Don'[t forget Martina.

Thats a schadenfreudingly good result for Koeman.

I did take a perverse pleasure in seeing that equaliser go in. Big Ron looked a little ruffled.

Hmmmm. I wonder where Ancelotti will go now that he has been sacked by Bayern.....could it happen??? Probably not, but......

We play Everton after a Europa league Thursday in November so fingers crossed they'll be desperate for the win and play a full strength side before travelling down to play us.

I'll always remember our dreadful performance is Midgetland as a low point of the Koeman era, Everton fans did not sound at all pleased tonight.

Off the BBC pages:

Pallav: Who was thinking Koeman could be manager at Barca?!!!

Mike-Kateley: Why wait for the Christmas rush, Koeman needs to go now. The millions spent and he isn't making it work.

Ian: As much as I disliked Martinez as a manager, (and wouldn't want him back) it was never as flat as this. #nobelief

Koeman having a mare. Everton booed off. Koeman can’t leave the pitch quick enough.

Burnley were made to look like Barcelona by woeful Everton defending for the goal. Williams was statuesque to keep the move onside, and Morgan didn’t exactly cover himself in glory.

Quick look at their forum.."Remember when we were panicking that we would be a stepping stone to Barca for him". Loving it.