Koeman

Toomer

Absofückinglutely not. Didn't rate him before he joined us, didn't rate when he was here and still don't rate him. It's clear that in his whole time in English football he has been lucky walking into clubs with underrated squads, especially by having superstar forwards Mané and Lukaku available to him. Now his luck has ran out, I'd sooner have Puel back. Poch>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pellegrino>Puel>Koeman>Adkins.

Absofückinglutely not. Didn't rate him before he joined us, didn't rate when he was here and still don't rate him. It's clear that in his whole time in English football he has been lucky walking into clubs with underrated squads, especially by having superstar forwards Mané and Lukaku available to him. Now his luck has ran out, I'd sooner have Puel back. Poch>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pellegrino>Puel>Koeman>Adkins.

Completely disagree. Sold all his best players. Poch sold no one sold. Best team we've had since I started supporting saints in 86. We finished 7th and 6th. Get a brain transplant.

They've wasted money on the same sort of player and failed to replace the one player they actually needed to replace. He's managed to create a very one-paced and confused team without an out and out striker. Their lack of pace is frightening.

Problems.

But having dugouts isn't one of them.

Wasn't surprised to find a thread on RK. As a Saints's fan I've not forgiven him for trying to pretend he had moral standards but still went grubbing in the dirt for more money. Looking for more pay is one thing but because he wasn't honest with us he left a nasty taste in the mouth. All the same, it was amusing how Everton fans expected him to bring our best players with him, wishful thinking that fell flat unless Martina was a world-class defender and we hadn't noticed.

Seeing his club in the bottom three is briefly amusing. The gap between us this early in the season is meaningless but it will be nice if it lasts.

They've wasted money on the same sort of player and failed to replace the one player they actually needed to replace. He's managed to create a very one-paced and confused team without an out and out striker. Their lack of pace is frightening.

Problems.

Yup, they didn't replace Lukaku, lacking pace & have too many similar players.

But, they have had a pig of a run of games in the Prem.

not sure myself due to the fact he lied when he left us.

I keep hearing this line, that he walked after promising to stay etc.... I realise there will have been an element of spin from the boardroom when they implied that they weren't particularly bothered if he left, but has everyone dismissed that possibility entirely? I'm curious because it struck me at the time that there seemed to have been almost no public effort made to persuade him to stay on.

Everton manager Ronald Koeman says Manchester United counterpart Jose Mourinho's claim that the Goodison Park club are aiming for "at least" the top four this season is unrealistic.

Mourinho made the observation in his programme notes before United's 4-0 home win over the Toffees, citing their £140m of summer spending as evidence.

But Koeman said: "Is there anybody who sees this as realistic for Everton?

"Please, come on. Fans, press - we need time."

When asked what he considered to be a realistic target, the Dutchman said: "The same as last season."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41302168

But Everton have spent money and SHOWN SOME AMBITION FFS !!!

They've bought Siggurdson, Morgan and Rooney, they've got a squad full of players with Premiership experience, not bang average ones, bang average I tell you !!!

They've got Leicester's old head scout, not a stupid Les Reed black box.

They're near the top of the net spend table, not bottom.

They've got Koeman FFS, the greatest manager we've ever had, EVER, not a bang average Les Yes man.

All these WUMs who say that Everton are virtually out of Europe and are currently sitting in the relegation zone need a brain transplant.

They're probably reading the table upside down or something.

Never. He has destroyed any trust the board would have. He would do it again sooner or later.

We should have remembered the type of man he is from that England match.

I think Evertons fixture list so far should be considered; nevertheless, at least it confirms Everton are not "Big 6/7" and are still amongst the "rest"...

I liked Koeman when he was here and he seemed a good fit with the club. I am, now though, beginning to wonder whether he lucked out having Mane in the squad, if you take away what Mane gave us in Koeman's last season we would have been a pretty average team and I doubt we'd have got to where we did in the league. I remember there being some moaning around Christmas time about how bad the team were playing. So no, I don't think I'd have Koeman back, just on the fact that I don't think he was as good as we thought he was. That's before all the ****e with him snaking off to the wannabes

So Big Ron tells José to pipe down about coming top 4 and that it is not realistic. If so, I have to wonder why he left Saints, apart from the massive increase in pay. Why would he move to Everton if he was just going to be looking to finish at the same level he did with us, especially having spent £140m or so?

I liked Koeman when he was here and he seemed a good fit with the club. I am, now though, beginning to wonder whether he lucked out having Mane in the squad, if you take away what Mane gave us in Koeman's last season we would have been a pretty average team and I doubt we'd have got to where we did in the league. I remember there being some moaning around Christmas time about how bad the team were playing. So no, I don't think I'd have Koeman back, just on the fact that I don't think he was as good as we thought he was. That's before all the ****e with him snaking off to the wannabes

It is of course very easy to go into revisionism.......

His arrival was important for us. Poch off, half the team off and many wondering what the future held. He was a big name in the footballing world and even those playing now would (or should) have heard of him. His CV was OK as well. Won the Dutch league 3 times and the Copa del Rey. However his league record outside of Holland was pretty average. Frank de Boer by comparison has won the Eredivise four times, and he has an equally poor record outside of Holland. Anyway, his reputation, regardless of how good a manager he is, got us some stability when it so easily could have gone the other way and managed to attract players of a certain calibre. So he was good for us and we were good for him.

Everton was perfect for him in his first season. They really should be best of the rest, that is if you consider them being with "the rest". I agree with José and Evertonians. You don't spend £140m or so to stand still. He really should be pressing to be top 4. I know that a lot of that £140m was off set by the income from Lukaku and we all know the glaring **** up with their recruitment - that must be a Liverpool thing. You know where you have to strengthen and you don't, instead buying lots of midfielders.

Tough fixtures yes but the BBC pointed out that against the same opposition last year they had more shots, more shots on target, more goals, less goals conceded and more points.

They did not buy correctly, they lost a huge amount of goals in Lukaku, but they also lost pace and power in Lukaku, they have no replaced the goals, nor have they replaced that pace and power. They bought 3 high profile signings (ok Rooney was free but high wages) in the same position, second striker/no.10. They sold a £70 million striker with premiership experience and bought a young La Liga striker with not much experience full stop for £5 million.

Similar to us to be honest, if you sell a big part of your success you need to try and replace that player with a similar type of player, we sold Mane but have still not filled that role and it shows we lack his pace and directness, especially on the counter where we honestly seem terrible.

Tough fixtures yes but the BBC pointed out that against the same opposition last year they had more shots, more shots on target, more goals, less goals conceded and more points.

They did not buy correctly, they lost a huge amount of goals in Lukaku, but they also lost pace and power in Lukaku, they have no replaced the goals, nor have they replaced that pace and power. They bought 3 high profile signings (ok Rooney was free but high wages) in the same position, second striker/no.10. They sold a £70 million striker with premiership experience and bought a young La Liga striker with not much experience full stop for £5 million.

Similar to us to be honest, if you sell a big part of your success you need to try and replace that player with a similar type of player, we sold Mane but have still not filled that role and it shows we lack his pace and directness, especially on the counter where we honestly seem terrible.

And Sandro Ramirez looks distinctly average to be honest, can see him being back wherever he came from in a short time.

Koeman has obviously bought more midfielders than he needs and Sigurdsson just isn't performing for the time being. Looks like a total waste of money so far. They need to get some of their long term injured back into action. Bolasie for instance.

And Sandro Ramirez looks distinctly average to be honest, can see him being back wherever he came from in a short time.

Koeman has obviously bought more midfielders than he needs and Sigurdsson just isn't performing for the time being. Looks like a total waste of money so far. They need to get some of their long term injured back into action. Bolasie for instance.

Why Bolasie? He is a one trick pace pony, a poor mans Shane Long, that they massively over paid for if he is the answer to their problems they've got bigger problems than I realised.

But Everton have spent money and SHOWN SOME AMBITION FFS !!!

They've bought Siggurdson, Morgan and Rooney, they've got a squad full of players with Premiership experience, not bang average ones, bang average I tell you !!!

They've got Leicester's old head scout, not a stupid Les Reed black box.

They're near the top of the net spend table, not bottom.

They've got Koeman FFS, the greatest manager we've ever had, EVER, not a bang average Les Yes man.

All these WUMs who say that Everton are virtually out of Europe and are currently sitting in the relegation zone need a brain transplant.

They're probably reading the table upside down or something.

It's surprising that someone who thinks our club is so bad, pretends to support it. People should love the club they support not allow it to make them angry. If someone finds they like a manager more than the club and that manager moves on, it would be better for the fan to move with them. People who follow our club but just want to complain about it should ask themselves why they claim to be a fan at all. Constructive criticism is one thing but if someone prefers another club and those who work for it, that would suggest their allegiance has already gone.

It's surprising that someone who thinks our club is so bad, pretends to support it. People should love the club they support not allow it to make them angry. If someone finds they like a manager more than the club and that manager moves on, it would be better for the fan to move with them. People who follow our club but just want to complain about it should ask themselves why they claim to be a fan at all. Constructive criticism is one thing but if someone prefers another club and those who work for it, that would suggest their allegiance has already gone.

Whatever you claim to be a professor of, it certainly isn't irony.

With the money he has spent could his position be under threat given Evertons results, if he became available and we were looking for a manager who would welcome him back, not sure myself due to the fact he lied when he left us.

So losing with Everton against Chelsea, United and Spurs means you are under threat as a manager? Harsh world for managers these days it seems.