Saints U23s v Stoke U23s - Tonight @ 7pm

trousers

Virgil looking like his pre January self, composed on the ball and dominant in the air. Excited at our prospects for the season with THE back 7 of FF, CS, WH, VVD, RB, OR and ML

As long as we can restrict the opposition to shots from within 6 yards and stop them shooting from outside the box we'll be fine.

I'd rather see McQueen, Gabbiadini or Sims ahead of Redmond.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ridiculous IMO. Redmond isn't Mane but is miles better than McQueen as a winger (he didn't stand out as a first teamer against a poor Stoke team tonight). Sims is injured and Gabbiadini is a striker.

Watched the whole stream and obviously paid particular attention to Virgil's body language.

I felt he was very professional and not 'up himself' at all (unlike Boufal who stormed off in a huff when he was subbed in an U23 game last season).

Virgil spent the evening in total control of the defence, shepherding the youngsters, always making himself available and generally encouraging those around him. This is not a man with a resentful chip on his shoulder and whatever happened over the summer I hope those who apparently booed him on Saturday watched his attitude in this game.

If he plays on Saturday lets all get behind him.

Watched the whole stream and obviously paid particular attention to Virgil's body language.

I felt he was very professional and not 'up himself' at all (unlike Boufal who stormed off in a huff when he was subbed in an U23 game last season).

Virgil spent the evening in total control of the defence, shepherding the youngsters, always making himself available and generally encouraging those around him. This is not a man with a resentful chip on his shoulder and whatever happened over the summer I hope those who apparently booed him on Saturday watched his attitude in this game.

If he plays on Saturday lets all get behind him.

Totally agree with those observations. When one of our youngsters went down injured he was the 'father figure' going over to them to see that they were ok. As you say, hardly the demeanor of someone who is dwelling on recent history. Good to see. (I reserve the right to change my opinion if he starts to throw his toys out of the pram again in the January window!)