W1A

LaptopSaint

The writing is nothing on the previous series - they've lost the subtelty completely. Every scene and conversation relies on exactly the same gag (all these people are jabbering fools) delivered at an increasingly frenetic pace. If you haven't seen it, I recommend the first series. Actually go back to Twenty Twelve, which has an identical premise set around the run up to the 2012 Olympics - even better.

Wrong forum I think.

The writing is nothing on the previous series - they've lost the subtelty completely. Every scene and conversation relies on exactly the same gag (all these people are jabbering fools) delivered at an increasingly frenetic pace. If you haven't seen it, I recommend the first series. Actually go back to Twenty Twelve, which has an identical premise set around the run up to the 2012 Olympics - even better.

Wrong forum I think.

Why don't you just go full "I was there first" and recommend People Like Us, either on Radio 4 or BBC 2. Even even better better.

Why don't you just go full "I was there first" and recommend People Like Us, either on Radio 4 or BBC 2. Even even better better.

I think you'll find the hierarchy goes something like "people still watch the BBC?" and "I don't own a television" after that. :D

At the risk of doing exactly what you have just suggested, People Like Us was better (although I enjoy them all)

even if now slightly unfortunate to have starred Chris Langham

At the risk of doing exactly what you have just suggested, People Like Us was better (although I enjoy them all)

even if now slightly unfortunate to have starred Chris Langham

It was very good, and Langham was excellent in it (as he was in The Thick Of It). Terrible business with him, probably means it never gets shown anywhere like Gold.