No More Uber's In London

Gemmel

Is Uber actually profitable - or is it still pîssîng away its $12bn war chest to subsidise cheap rides and undercut competition? It's called dumping in other contexts.

Still losing millions by the week, which of course delivers short-term popularity in undercutting local rivals.

The bellicose response to the TfL decision from Uber London shows also how the abusive corporate culture hasn't really changed since Kalanick was forced out. In reality, the way forward is simple: Uber have to comply with TfL's regulations and clean up their act on safety. It's not complicated and not expensive. But Uber prefers to do this by sounding like Malcolm Tucker on speed.

How to win friends....

Still losing millions by the week, which of course delivers short-term popularity in undercutting local rivals.

The bellicose response to the TfL decision from Uber London shows also how the abusive corporate culture hasn't really changed since Kalanick was forced out. In reality, the way forward is simple: Uber have to comply with TfL's regulations and clean up their act on safety. It's not complicated and not expensive. But Uber prefers to do this by sounding like Malcolm Tucker on speed.

How to win friends....

Uber out of the game (for now) is probably great news for the London mini-cab trade.

Have used Uber in multiple countries/ cities literally hundreds of times and only had 1 problem driver (being a **** about where to park for my wheelchair using business partner, Uber instantly credited by $25 journey after I complained). Use X, Black, van (was a god send last week in Amsterdam when I had to move multiple boxes around the city in the ****ing rain) etc and find the service fantastic. Links to my business and expense accounts and completely transparent.

Love London black taxis, best taxi service in the world, just prefer the reliability of Uber and ability to order what I want as soon as I need it. I don't want to wait 30 minutes at Waterloo, I'd rather cross the road and get a Merc' E-Class in 3 minutes that costs 70% of the black cab. Must admit I don't use Uber in London a lot though (prefer to walk/ get the tube) so can't speak with authority on ability to beat roadworks/ congestion vs the fellas that have grafted for the knowledge.

Living in Bishops Waltham I absolutely love Uber Southampton! Can get home from town for under £20 (local forms approx £30 if your lucky enough to book one - don't get me started on the ****s that drive the hackney carriages in Southampton "£50 up front"), poor Somalian Uber driver from Reading usually has no clue how to get back into town but hey, nothing Google Maps can't fix for him.

London cabbies usually give good fun, but since the release of that movie "The Knowledge" many of them became unbearable. Fred Housego didn't help the situation either. Yes, you know all the streets. I've been told that countless times. Just drop me off at your favourite jellied eels vendor and I'll walk the test of the way.....and please don't teach any skate fares any more rhyming slang please.

Living in Bishops Waltham I absolutely love Uber Southampton! Can get home from town for under £20 (local forms approx £30 if your lucky enough to book one - don't get me started on the ****s that drive the hackney carriages in Southampton "£50 up front"), poor Somalian Uber driver from Reading usually has no clue how to get back into town but hey, nothing Google Maps can't fix for him.

And how do you feel knowing that that 'poor Somalian driver' has probably already worked 18 hours straight, just to keep his head above water? Are you happy to pay 3x the usual fare when its busy? Or God forbid, during a terrorist attack?

And how do you feel knowing that that 'poor Somalian driver' has probably already worked 18 hours straight, just to keep his head above water? Are you happy to pay 3x the usual fare when its busy? Or God forbid, during a terrorist attack?

Bloody Somalians, taking all the cred for being over worked when there are people of all countries able to do that job. Build a wall!

This is a classic left wing, anti-competition, Closed Shop protection operation carried out by Khan and the LTA, under the convenient fig leaf of "passenger protection" and "compliance" issues. I hope there's not been any corruption involved in the decision - I am*sure*no-one in the Mayor's office or TFL would be corruptible by vested interests...

A sledgehammer to crack a nut. It is not as if LTA drivers are exactly saints is it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-32118391

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/apr/...river-jail

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/tax...34964.html

They could have easily made Uber more compliant using fines and such like.

Uber will carry on their service, while they appeal and win in the courts.

This is a classic left wing, anti-competition, Closed Shop protection operation carried out by Khan and the LTA, under the convenient fig leaf of "passenger protection" and "compliance" issues. I hope there's not been any corruption involved in the decision - I am*sure*no-one in the Mayor's office or TFL would be corruptible by vested interests...

A sledgehammer to crack a nut. It is not as if LTA drivers are exactly saints is it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-32118391

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/apr/...river-jail

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/tax...34964.html

They could have easily made Uber more compliant using fines and such like.

Uber will carry on their service, while they appeal and win in the courts.

Oh do I love pimply 16-year old libertarians. With time, you’ll grow out of it pal.

It's better then paying 3x the fare all the ****ing time in a normal cab.

It's better then paying 3x the fare all the ****ing time in a normal cab.

Be great if your jeans were cheaper too. Let’s get these 12yo Indonesian kids working longer hours for their money. Fck any worker rights I want cheap and convenient.

could say that about anything made in the far east.

I've occasionally pondered as to how we'd survive here if everyone boycotted goods produced in countries whose human rights policies we disapprove of. Presumably that would include China, imagine avoiding any Chinese made goods :scared:

I've occasionally pondered as to how we'd survive here if everyone boycotted goods produced in countries whose human rights policies we disapprove of. Presumably that would include China, imagine avoiding any Chinese made goods :scared:

the device you used to compose and post your reply was probably made by the lowest bidder by people in huge factories where any semblance of health and safety and any form of acceptable wage has not been discovered yet.

still, that is different

the device you used to compose and post your reply was probably made by the lowest bidder by people in huge factories where any semblance of health and safety and any form of acceptable wage has not been discovered yet.

still, that is different

Ahh the classic - so you use/do this so you aren’t 100% on the moral high ground so don’t try to improve any thing or ever protest about unfairness.

Gary Lineker has a nice car the hypocrite. He could be helping the homeless.

Ahh the classic - so you use/do this so you aren’t 100% on the moral high ground so don’t try to improve any thing or ever protest about unfairness.

Gary Lineker has a nice car the hypocrite. He could be helping the homeless.

I wasn't trying to claim any moral high ground, jamie's missed the point as usual.