Saints v Man Utd Match Thread

St Chalet

He has done as much as Redmond really with not even a quarter of the gametime. And at least is a attacking creative option from the bench if we are chasing the game.

He has never come on as a sub and made a positive impact. As in, he has literally not ever come on and set up or scored a goal for Saints.

Good tempo and intensity so far. But Utd have already cottoned on to the fact that we will be looking to get it up to Long quickly and have got 3 defenders on him every time the ball gets near him. We need Davis and Tadic to be closer to him when the ball gets to him, so he can lay it off to them when he gets crowded out.

Cedric allowing Young to do what he always does and cut into his right foot and cross.

Lukaku bullies Hoedt and scores on the rebound.

Poor goal all round. Pretty basic. No magic required.

Going to be a long afternoon, I think.

I’ve tried to keep an open mind on Cedric but I think he’s terrible. He can’t cross, he has the worst shot I’ve ever seen on a pro and his defending is average.

Mourinho knows we're sh1t in the air, so plays Fellaini as well as Lukaku, clearly gives instructions to his team for aerial crosses.

We should know that a) it is a weakness and b) Mourinho will look to exploit it. Except we just play the same team as always. Frustrating.

Great control by Long there but look at that **** Redmond. Just watching him, jogging up the middle. Had he made a diagonal run into the right hand side of the utd box he’d have likely been clean through. Tosser.

Did anybody on the pitch or on the bench have a go at him for that? Should've been yelled at.

I suspect not.