Saints v Man Utd Match Thread

St Chalet

I'm disappointed with our passing. United have pace and are strong/big. I'm not convinced they are particularly comfortable with the ball on the ground though. If we can get it together that's our best chance, to play around them. Unfortunately we are sloppy, giving the ball away unnecessarily. Davis is guilty of looking for that incisive pass when it's not on. Good that he's thinking about it, but frustrating when he goes for an "eye of the needle" pass when there are other options to keep the move going.

Pretty happy with how we are playing to be honest. Utd look a very dangerous side

Romeu has made a couple of bad mistakes.

Hoedt was very poor physically for their goal.

There were a couple of instances where Davis who is having a very good game should have had a shot rather than playing the extra pass.

Lemina looks fantastic.

Long fantastic hold up play. That was a beautiful know down header from hoedt's cross field ball and you just want the anticipation to be better

When we are having shots we are snatching them. Bertrand's one in particular.

I'd like Van Dijk on for his physical presence personally.

I don't think Saints played that badly in the first half. Lemina looks classy again. Enjoyed watching him get stuck in against Fellaini.

I'm worried they'll get us on the counter as we push for an equalizer in the second. I'd bring on Gabbi for Redmond, but I expect that Pellegrino will bring on JWP first. Redmond has carried right on from where he left off against Palace.

I know its United, they are very good this year but fux sake we simply do not look like ever scoring with these players and formation. Redmond and Tadic plod out week after week behind an isolated lone attacker and the same non-threatening, non-entertaining, lethargic cr@p unfolds.

We offer about as much threat going forward as a old man with penile dysfunction in a whore house.

The difference utd on the counter ( three or four players busting a gut at speed to get into our box) and our counters ( one isolated player running to the halfway line, watched by his static team mates, before giving up and passing backwards) is pretty remarkable.

At the game. A decent first half performance from us. Have contained Utd for the most part. Utd look a lot more dangerous than us going forward (said trousers stating the bleedin' obvious!). Gabbi on for Redmond in the second half for me.

P.s. Fellani getting away with murder as per usual

Edited by trousers

I could be wrong but thought it was Tadic who let Young cross? Think we're playing generally ok, Long isolated but United just look strong all over the pitch sadly. Definitely miss Pelle's qualities in these kind of games.

It was Tadic. His defending is as lacking in urgency as his attacking.

Looked fine to me, but if you're right that probably evens it up for the pen Man U should have had against Fellianiniani when Hoedt pulled his shirt

It was a definite foul. But you're right, it probably evens it up. Unfortunately for us, keeping a clean sheet was vital as I can't see us scoring in this game at all.

Attacking mids don’t want to bust a gut to get into the box. Tadic and Redmond need the ****ing hairdryer treatment. Fergie would have taken Redmond off for that moment where he just jogged lazily up the pitch while Long was busting a gut to bring the ball down and look for runners.

Redmond must have dirt on on someone at the club. How is a dead cert is worrying

Attacking mids don’t want to bust a gut to get into the box. Tadic and Redmond need the ****ing hairdryer treatment. Fergie would have taken Redmond off for that moment where he just jogged lazily up the pitch while Long was busting a gut to bring the ball down and look for runners.

There is much space between the front three mins flick ons go to nobody. I doubt utds defence have had many easier afternoons.

Redmond must have dirt on on someone at the club. How is a dead cert is worrying

It's just lack of options really if we are going to insist on playing this formation all the time. Give Gabby a go but then he'd be playing out of position so probably wouldn't work. It's 2 out of Redmond, Tadic and Boufal. All of them have been uninspiring at best crap at worst all season and most of last.