Saints 0 Man Utd 1 - Reactions

St Chalet

That ****ing cheat Jose. We had a corner right at the death and the egotistical **** held that up by going and shaking the hands of everyone on the front row of the Saints bench. ****.

****, would have been nice if we’d scored from that corner, so many times over the years a team has got one at the death agsinst us. We just couldn’t make it count. We just don’t score from corners I guess.

Why did our star-struck sheep of a bench reciprocate and shake his hand?

He simply wasn't. His control was excellent, he ran down balls no-one else would have got near and scared the sh!t out of their defence. We just need Gabbiadini instead of Redmond to link with his great work.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That's a myth there were several good balls in the first half he didn't even bother to move for and several crosses he just stood like a statue waiting rather than attacking the ball. I think there was one occasion, in the second half were he actually scared the UTD defence and I thought he had won a peno the ref decided otherwise. Even when he does beat the 0ppostion defenders to the ball his first touch lets him down 9/10 anyway.

Well, If you are going to lose, then put up a fight - We did that and competed across the pitch. That's fine and (Against United) deserves the praise that some are bestowing on the team. I would exclude first half performances from Redman and Bertrand, where firstly Redman is in a run of bad form, doesn't deserve his place in the team and has turned in another sub- acceptable performance, that picked up slightly in the second half, but a long way from being acceptable in the shape and formation we play (One up front). Secondly I have no idea what is going on with Bertrand, it almost feels like he is cheating us, no over laps when then option is on, not moving up with the team when the space is there and an almost deliberate nonchalance, that comes across as "I Don't give a flying f**k".

But the elephant in the room is not going away. We cannot score, we do not look like scoring and De Gea won't have many easier games as that.

We can look back at some battling efforts, some great performances (Lemina), but we aren't scoring goals, we don't look iike scoring goals ............... and this is at home. Many will ***** and moan , but the stats are worse than freaking awful......... This is a huge huge huge problem, and way past personal opinions, this is facts.

I thought Long was excellent today, you couldn't ask anymore of him than he gave or did, but the shape or tactics don't support one up front, the midfield don't move up and that includes the attacking or more forward midfielders. When we really needed a goal ....what did we do .......... put another striker on...... if that's the answer why not start like that.

I am not suggesting that 4-4 -2 is the absolute answer (Although at this point in time, would have to be my preferred option) but we can't carry on like this.

Plucky second is rubbish, Many are celebrating a home defeat, which whilst against a team like United is no real shame in itself, the lack of goal scoring opportunities at home really is..... especially when you look at the last 10 home games.

Whatever we are doing is not working ....... time to change it.

That's a myth there were several good balls in the first half he didn't even bother to move for and several crosses he just stood like a statue waiting rather than attacking the ball. I think there was one occasion, in the second half were he actually scared the UTD defence and I thought he had won a peno the ref decided otherwise. Even when he does beat the 0ppostion defenders to the ball his first touch lets him down 9/10 anyway.
No idea what game you were watching.

I know the saintsweb budgies need a scapegoat but Redmond? Really?

I am not his biggest fan, but IMO is was areal threat the second half.....& was the only one not scared to shoot!

£10 to a charity of your choice, for every video clip that you can show a decent shot from Redmond (Pea rollers don't count)..... today's game.

Huffed & puffed but not quite enough quality at the sharp end . No criticism of Long because he was good today, really put himself about & unsettled them all day, but he needs some support. I love Davo, an incredible professional, but you just can't play a non scoring front man with a non scoring 10., especially when the wide men are also non scoring . We have to get 2 up front, to continue to do the same thing over & over again is madness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will be 5-8th this season. Starting to click.

hmmmmm We might need to score or at least look like scoring to get anywhere close to that ...... we aren't, we don't and we won't ..... hope you get to shove this post down my throat at the end of the season, but as of now, you are smoking crack cocaine.

He simply wasn't. His control was excellent, he ran down balls no-one else would have got near and scared the sh!t out of their defence. We just need Gabbiadini instead of Redmond to link with his great work.

Yes indeed. Shane won a lot of the long balls lobbed up front, but was isolated too much. I think he and Gabbi could work well together if given the chance.

No he did not.

Aguero will scare the sh*t out of their defence, as will Ronaldo, Suarez, Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Neymar, Cavani, Morata, Kane, Messi, Higuain and a few others.

Shane Long runs around a lot. I'm sure the Utd defence had to run a bit more than they might have against Rasiak or Le Tissier but I am fairly sure they weren't scared of 5 goals a season Shane Long.

No he did not.

Aguero will scare the sh*t out of their defence, as will Ronaldo, Suarez, Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Neymar, Cavani, Morata, Kane, Messi, Higuain and a few others.

Shane Long runs around a lot. I'm sure the Utd defence had to run a bit more than they might have against Rasiak or Le Tissier but I am fairly sure they weren't scared of 5 goals a season Shane Long.

So what's your point? We will not be signing any of the list you gave.Long worries defenders but needs support. So play Gabbiadini instead of Redmond.

Well, If you are going to lose, then put up a fight - We did that and competed across the pitch. That's fine and (Against United) deserves the praise that some are bestowing on the team. I would exclude first half performances from Redman and Bertrand, where firstly Redman is in a run of bad form, doesn't deserve his place in the team and has turned in another sub- acceptable performance, that picked up slightly in the second half, but a long way from being acceptable in the shape and formation we play (One up front). Secondly I have no idea what is going on with Bertrand, it almost feels like he is cheating us, no over laps when then option is on, not moving up with the team when the space is there and an almost deliberate nonchalance, that comes across as "I Don't give a flying f**k".

But the elephant in the room is not going away. We cannot score, we do not look like scoring and De Gea won't have many easier games as that.

We can look back at some battling efforts, some great performances (Lemina), but we aren't scoring goals, we don't look iike scoring goals ............... and this is at home. Many will ***** and moan , but the stats are worse than freaking awful......... This is a huge huge huge problem, and way past personal opinions, this is facts.

I thought Long was excellent today, you couldn't ask anymore of him than he gave or did, but the shape or tactics don't support one up front, the midfield don't move up and that includes the attacking or more forward midfielders. When we really needed a goal ....what did we do .......... put another striker on...... if that's the answer why not start like that.

I am not suggesting that 4-4 -2 is the absolute answer (Although at this point in time, would have to be my preferred option) but we can't carry on like this.

Plucky second is rubbish, Many are celebrating a home defeat, which whilst against a team like United is no real shame in itself, the lack of goal scoring opportunities at home really is..... especially when you look at the last 10 home games.

Whatever we are doing is not working ....... time to change it.

Good post.

So what's your point? We will not be signing any of the list you gave.Long worries defenders but needs support. So play Gabbiadini instead of Redmond.

No he doesn't he chases them and forces them to run a bit more than they would perhaps have liked to. It would be worrying if all his running around actually lead to some goals. Mané worried defenders, Long does not.

Lemina is far too ****ing good for us. He embarrassed their midfield all day. Not quite sure how we lost.

I think it was because we scored less goals than UTD. I cannot fathom how nobody has mentioned how appalling Forster was for that goal.

He looked like an upturned turtle as the goal was going in the net, with all four legs going in the air. The agility of a deep sea diver with all his gear on at 60 fathoms.

Manchester United have asked for CCTV footage to help identify fans who sang a controversial song about striker Romelu Lukaku during Saturday's win at Southampton.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41374186

can't say I even noticed maybe because all the words to their songs were drowned out by endless fast clapping...

They will be busy then because looked like pretty much their whole lot that sang it.

All that fuss about that song is nonsense.

I think it was because we scored less goals than UTD. I cannot fathom how nobody has mentioned how appalling Forster was for that goal.

He looked like an upturned turtle as the goal was going in the net, with all four legs going in the air. The agility of a deep sea diver with all his gear on at 60 fathoms.

Maybe because he made an excellent stop and had no chance with the rebound?

They will be busy then because looked like pretty much their whole lot that sang it.

All that fuss about that song is nonsense.

Quite. They will pick out a few 'interesting characters' and issue them lifetime bans. The other 2990 will be ignored but they'd have made their point.

Manchester United have asked for CCTV footage to help identify fans who sang a controversial song about striker Romelu Lukaku during Saturday's win at Southampton.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41374186

can't say I even noticed maybe because all the words to their songs were drowned out by endless fast clapping...

Bit weird that thousands of straight lads would sing a ****e chant about another person's penis tbf.

I can't believe people are moaning about not creating loads of chances against an expensive Man Utd side. It's ridiculous. Expectations are through the roof. We should not expect to create loads of chances against every team purely because we are at home! Look at their team! Yes, complain when we don't against lesser teams but really, some people need to be realistic. We played well today. Try to enjoy it or you'll go mad. If you haven't already.

Best loss I've seen in a long while - enjoyed the match. Lemina is different class...really a top 4 team player. BUT...as I've said for a long time, our forward line is made up of championship level strikers...just not enough quality. Long, Redmond, Austin, Boufal, David, JWP and to a lesser extent Tadic....all poor.

In my opinion the Man U goal shouldn't have counted. In the run up Lukaku clearly fouls Hoedt to create the space and disorientated the defender. It clever because the ref won't see it. The linesman could have seen it, but rarely give them. Hoedt will learn from this and must get physically stronger to deal with those situations.

As much as the second half was great for effort and endeavour we can't hide from the fact that 9 of our last 10 home games has been Southampton nil.

That's got to be a record surely for any top flight team and if not addressed soon Daleks 17th will look good.

Lemina really was good yesterday, how many corners did we have second half and never look likely to get on the end of any of them

Thought we played well in 2nd half, can't really fault any performances but our record of not scoring at home has to be the worst in the club's history . During the first half every one other than Long was so deep he had no support.

Outplayed ? You mean had the ball but failed to threaten ?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Correct. Failed to threaten so much so that Mourinho made 3 changes to park the bus because he wasn't afraid that we would score at all.

Just to be totally clear, I am being sarcastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as the second half was great for effort and endeavour we can't hide from the fact that 9 of our last 10 home games has been Southampton nil.

That's got to be a record surely for any top flight team and if not addressed soon Daleks 17th will look good.

Lemina really was good yesterday, how many corners did we have second half and never look likely to get on the end of any of them

The speed, in numbers, with which Man U would break on us (especially in the 1st half) means I was more concerned that we would concede from a break away than put the ball in the UTD net every time we had a corner.

Lively performance which is positive but bottom line is still no goals and again no points. Don't know if the manager is stubborn or scared but it's groundhog day again.

To play 1 up front when this has constantly failed to deliver and the 1 up front is a player that hardly scores, a goalless performance almost guaranteed.

Defence looks solid whilst attack looks powder puff so how about playing 3 CBs, 2 up front and 5 in mid? Austin gets stick on here about looking sluggish but if you hardly play the guy how does anyone expect him to get match fit?

MP's fear\intransigence is going to cost him and us unless he shakes it up.