Stoke vs Saints Thread

Lighthouse

Hello forum. I'm back after my hissy fit and a holiday - I had a lovely time, thanks for asking.

I can't release the names of the two attacking players we were looking to bring in at the end of the window as they remain active targets for future windows. One deal was being pursued actively until the final day of the window but didn't materialise for a variety of reasons.

Team news ahead of Saturday - I've been told that VVD will start this week.

By the way, although I'm over my hissy fit, those still doubting what I know, I'll just remind you that I told you MP wasn't going to let Long go after the Burnley bid because he rated him. Perhaps that was just a lucky guess too.

Welcome back Tom

Still going to give the full details on the VVD situation?

Edited by maysie
Prob not much interest on the BBC situation

Team news ahead of Saturday - I've been told that VVD will start this week.

VvD not featuring in this week's U23 game was a fairly sure sign that he was being lined up to start on Saturday, but that happening and you being told its happening for sure aren't mutually exclusive, so in the spirit of SWF harmony I'll offer my thanks for the confirmation :)

Speak for yourself, and don't assume you know what others think.

I appreciate the snippets, incomplete and not 100% accurate as they may be.

What is it with some posters? Always crying out for any inside info, then totally discrediting it if it's not precise chapter and verse of every detail of planned deals. We do our business quietly, which is the way I like it, and that means not much gets out. And things change during negotiations, so there is never perfect information on what will happen. Get real.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ditto

Speak for yourself, and don't assume you know what others think.

I appreciate the snippets, incomplete and not 100% accurate as they may be.

What is it with some posters? Always crying out for any inside info, then totally discrediting it if it's not precise chapter and verse of every detail of planned deals. We do our business quietly, which is the way I like it, and that means not much gets out. And things change during negotiations, so there is never perfect information on what will happen. Get real.

You mean what the club want you to hear , he's quite obviously being fed whatever the club want out that they can't put out thru media channels !

Looks like we've got quite a few travelling up for this, original ticket news said allocation was 2300, blocks 40 and 41 sold out and about 230 tickets left at the back of block 42. Decent numbers, hopefully atmosphere good as well.

I do and would rather read Tom's posts than yours (not that there is anything wrong with yours just that his are more interesting ;) )

I can live without knowing he's back from his holidays , that we were in for some attacking players and Vvd will start Saturday (When everyone knew that anyway), but if that's what gets you up in the morning then fare do's

Looks like we've got quite a few travelling up for this, original ticket news said allocation was 2300, blocks 40 and 41 sold out and about 230 tickets left at the back of block 42. Decent numbers, hopefully atmosphere good as well.

We have really good numbers away from home, if we were situated in the middle of the country we'd probably take 3000+ every week. Considering our geography it's a good effort.

Shame some are content with standing in silence though.

We have really good numbers away from home, if we were situated in the middle of the country we'd probably take 3000+ every week. Considering our geography it's a good effort.

At Stoke no-one stands still in silence. At the very least they jump up and down shouting F*cking 'ell it's cold. [emoji6]

I can live without knowing he's back from his holidays , that we were in for some attacking players and Vvd will start Saturday (When everyone knew that anyway), but if that's what gets you up in the morning then fare do's

When you're in a hole and nobody wants to help you get out, best to stop digging for starters.

I agree with that, the fact we sold out 3005 for Brighton away already which is a Sunday lunchtime TV game is quite impressive. Compare that to a team like West Brom who take smallest allocations to even local away games.

After the Man united performance and crystal palace I think the spine of the team is sorted and can only get stronger when VVD is back to speed .

Goals and finishing is an issue but I honestly believe we are nearly there , confidence will come from the second half performance against mancs , lemina will help because he does drive forward more so than Rom.

Honestly ...and i know we have been saying it for a while , its about to click up front and we have a solid back six excluding the keeper LOL

I agree with that, the fact we sold out 3005 for Brighton away already which is a Sunday lunchtime TV game is quite impressive. Compare that to a team like West Brom who take smallest allocations to even local away games.
Our travelling support is mostly made up of face-painted, day-trippering Marketing Execs with names like Horace and Lucien though because the likes of Shane from Shirley are working in KFC at the weekend and couldn't afford to go anyway.

Our travelling support is mostly made up of face-painted, day-trippering Marketing Execs with names like Horace and Lucien though because the likes of Shane from Shirley are working in KFC at the weekend and couldn't afford to go anyway.
I assume that's firmly tongue-in-cheek.

I just contrast the people moaning they can't get tickets for big or local games , with the fact Stoke hasn't sold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At Stoke no-one stands still in silence. At the very least they jump up and down shouting F*cking 'ell it's cold. [emoji6]

Or go down to the Concourse to complain about the coffee.Don't drink it Saints, its more like iodine than coffee,They just keep topping up the boilers.

Or go down to the Concourse to complain about the coffee.Don't drink it Saints, its more like iodine than coffee,They just keep topping up the boilers.

A friend of mine once described the coffee at Stoke as tasting, "like first aid kits".

I can't say I've ever eaten one as such, but I don't imagine he was far wrong.

Aguero out for "a couple of months" due to fracturing ribs in car accident. No doubt that'll mean he's back just in time to play against us at the end of November.

(Sorry, nothing to do with tomorrow's game but thought it might be worthy of some idle chit chat )

STOKE TEAM NEWS

Hughes reveals his injury updates...

"Bruno Martins out for a number of weeks. His groin lasted 15 minutes and he couldn’t continue - he’s likely to be out for two-three weeks.

"We’re hopeful on Geoff Cameron and he’s probably the only one from the injury list who could feature vs Southampton

"Ryan Shawcross is not available.

"Kevin Wimmer is only 10 days since his injury, probably less – it would be a risk.

"The one positive is we’ve got [Kurt] Zouma back, who was ineligible – hopefully if he comes through training we’ll have one more defender than last weekend."

STOKE TEAM NEWS

"Bruno Martins out for a number of weeks. His groin lasted 15 minutes and he couldn’t continue - he’s likely to be out for two-three weeks.

"We’re hopeful on Geoff Cameron and he’s probably the only one from the injury list who could feature vs Southampton

"Kevin Wimmer is only 10 days since his injury, probably less – it would be a risk.

"The one positive is we’ve got [Kurt] Zouma back, who was ineligible – hopefully if he comes through training we’ll have one more defender than last weekend."

Haha, Stoke injury crisis - we all know how that normally turns out for Saints!

STOKE TEAM NEWS

How many defenders you really need to repel the mighty Shane Long and his merry band of impotent attackers?

Aguero out for "a couple of months" due to fracturing ribs in car accident. No doubt that'll mean he's back just in time to play against us at the end of November.

(Sorry, nothing to do with tomorrow's game but thought it might be worthy of some idle chit chat )

I just used my wildcard in the Premier Fantasy league to get him in too. :rolleyes:

I just used my wildcard in the Premier Fantasy league to get him in too. :rolleyes:

I went with the free hit to get Lukaku and a few others in for this weekend. Made him captain, at home to Palace... 0-0 it is then.

Watch him net a hat-trick tomorrow!

Long barely scored a hat-trick last season, let alone in one game.

After the Man united performance and crystal palace I think the spine of the team is sorted and can only get stronger when VVD is back to speed .

Goals and finishing is an issue but I honestly believe we are nearly there , confidence will come from the second half performance against mancs , lemina will help because he does drive forward more so than Rom.

Honestly ...and i know we have been saying it for a while , its about to click up front and we have a solid back six excluding the keeper LOL

I think this, too.

We just have to sort out the attacking mentality, be creative and unusual - we've been so predictable for a while, we must be relatively easy to defend against. This, despite all our attacking options and creative players. Strange how negative mentality affects a team.

We need to look forwards from AM positions, not the usual 'hold it up, pass it back, try a different route' (which normally ends up being a route back to FF!).

We either have to go with 2 up front or the midfielders must go past the single forward and get into the box. And not just one of them - two or three of them, and often. Pellegrino looks like he is betting the farm on 1 up front so it's up to the selected midfielders (other than Rom) to make it work. If we don't start scoring soon the points will dry up, and the fans will lose interest again, just like under Puel.