Stoke vs Saints Thread

Lighthouse

Game over - we really are s***e. IF Pellegrini is a step up from CLaude Puel I'm a f*****g CHinaman.

The guy is clueless - we are much worse than last year and are truly awful. Make no mistake we are in a relegation battle this year.

WTF have Tadic and Redmond got to do to be dropped? Or Davis?

Birtles has it spot on ..... we are so easy to play against as our midfield is static and whoever plays up front is totally isolated. When we have the ball it is sideways, sideways backwards and about as much cutting edge as a blunt knife.

Why could we have not recruited someone who at least wants to play attacking football rather than this s***e that is being served up

That whole episode was caused by redmond getting the ball beyond 2 Stoke players, turning back between them so he couldn't go forwards, then passing back to our defence.

Idiot! Get him off and bring on an ATTACKING midfielder.

Comm can't remember a Butland save haha. Fool. He made a great save from Long.

Oh dear, If only we had a £50m plus CB in the side we wouldn't have needed Forster to make that save! Strange game, football, with our key player having had a hand in Stoke's first goal as well as conceding the penalty. Onus must be on VVD to score in the second half.

Mope needs to change his obsession with this totally dysfunctional midfield/ forward formation second half or leave

Well, leaving would be a bit much at this stage. Change in attitude (or compass) for those players would be a start.

Argh, Redmond! Backwards again, when in a good position to go forwards! Point proven.

Well we sure look pretty out there with plenty of pace. Too bad all that means nothing if you never shoot. Our only two proven goal scorers are sitting in comfy chairs on the bench. If football was only about pace, then why not just sign Usain Bolt. He'd be great.

So better if he let it in then..... some people are weird

You realise that saying its meaningless (i.e. likely won't affect the result as we won't score) isn't the same as saying he'd have preferred he let it in right? Some people need to learn to read posts before dishing out the insults.

Oh dear, If only we had a £50m plus CB in the side we wouldn't have needed Forster to make that save! Strange game, football, with our key player having had a hand in Stoke's first goal as well as conceding the penalty. Onus must be on VVD to score in the second half.
That statement completely ignores VVD's contribution for 43 of the 45 minutes.

Game over - we really are s***e. IF Pellegrini is a step up from CLaude Puel I'm a f*****g CHinaman.

The guy is clueless - we are much worse than last year and are truly awful. Make no mistake we are in a relegation battle this year.

WTF have Tadic and Redmond got to do to be dropped? Or Davis?

Birtles has it spot on ..... we are so easy to play against as our midfield is static and whoever plays up front is totally isolated. When we have the ball it is sideways, sideways backwards and about as much cutting edge as a blunt knife.

Why could we have not recruited someone who at least wants to play attacking football rather than this s***e that is being served up

Hard to disagree. The persistence with Redmond and Tadic is driving me ****ing mad. I'm actually beginning to detest the pair of them. Just move Long into Redmond's role and bring on Gabbi.

we could play unil next sat and not score

seriously how stupid do you have to be to see these players in this formation is about as threatening as my nan

same thing week in, week out

try something different ffs, 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 or anything ...

I just don't understand the manager's decision making. Gabbiadini - scores in our first three games = dropped. Long - hasn't scored in 18 games = keeps his place. Redmond - consistently crap = automatic starter, Boufal - crap in a game where the whole team were crap = instantly dropped.

Change or go for me, this guy is Puel MKII.

You realise that saying its meaningless (i.e. likely won't affect the result as we won't score) isn't the same as saying he'd have preferred he let it in right? Some people need to learn to read posts before dishing out the insults.

And you need to understand the meaning of "insults" before attempting to be "clever"

That was awful. Pellegrino should hang his head in shame - his tactics are baffling and we have regressed from last season big time.

I could not fathom why Puel was fired - and MP seems to be quite a big step DOWN from Puel.

Why fire one defensive, well organized manager for a defensive, shambolic tactics manager? Makes no sense........and I wish Tadic had f****d off in the summer. Toothless tiger.

This conservative approach to every game is beyond annoying. Give it a bloody go for gods sake and play 2 up top - we are not going to score in a month of SUndays with the current setup. And you don't need to be a highly paid manager to see that.

I am starting to think we have made a very, very bad hire in the summer.

But at least his press conferences are entertaining.

Hard to disagree. The persistence with Redmond and Tadic is driving me ****ing mad. I'm actually beginning to detest the pair of them. Just move Long into Redmond's role and bring on Gabbi.

This. All day this. I don't particularly like Long either but he's got to be a better option than Redmond.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41379524

Yoshi was at fault for their goal - lost his man who scored. Redmond is a liability - get Gabbi on asap. Long may score one day before he retires, but don't put money on it. Positive - Forster is having a good game. This is looking so much like so many other games - lots of possession - predictable play - no goals - lost game. At the moment can't see us getting anything from this one.

We’ve had a couple of half decent chances. Redmond should have done much better with his chance and Long could’ve done better too. I wouldn’t say they’ve been any better than us, with their goal coming from some poor marking.

That said, surry MP will make a half time sub?? Gabbiadini or Boufal could make a difference.