Stoke vs Saints Thread

Lighthouse

Austin was ****e when he came on, fat, slow and with a dire first touch.

No chance he starts, and rightly so.

I would have scribed it slightly more eloquently, but I have to say that this is how I saw him in the Watford game. I'm really not convinced that he offers very much.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Surely anyone with eyes can see that Austin is a waste of a shirt at the moment. I did more running trying to make the train the other day than he has all season.

Play Long wide behind Gabbi. He'll wind up their players and fans who will need a new boy boo on our team now Martina has left.

Surely anyone with eyes can see that Austin is a waste of a shirt at the moment. I did more running trying to make the train the other day than he has all season.

Play Long wide behind Gabbi. He'll wind up their players and fans who will need a new boy boo on our team now Martina has left.

I couldn't care less if our striker hardly moves all game as long as he is putting the ball in the net. Both Lambert and Pelle got slated for being immobile and not moving enough but I give my left bollick for a player like that in our team right now.

To be fair he was crap when he came here and many questioned why we contemplated buying him in the first place. He is nowhere near as good as Ricky Lambert who came up from a similar background. In my view he is a joker on and off the pitch who just doesn't know how to take his profession seriously. No excuse for slow, over-weight and unimaginative.

Gabbi on the other hand scored 6 goals in his first three games for us and now he doesn't even get a starting place. You couldn't make it up! We must have a mighty fine coaching staff to get that level of improvement out of an established international striker.

On match days there are two team announcements that ruin my day because inevitably they signal troubles ahead. One is that Ward Prowse is in the starting line-up, the second is that Gabbi is not.

Wasn't it around this time last season that Austin got injured and the goals dried up as a result? Amazing that people are slating him now.
They weren't exactly banging in when he played. He had a good little run for 6 games but before Puel didn't pick him, much like Koeman and Pellegrino didn't and haven't.

He would be a great player in the Championship but isnt physically up to PL standard.

If we made him available in January I bet only one or two teams right at the bottom of the PL would even consider him.

They weren't exactly banging in when he played. He had a good little run for 6 games but before Puel didn't pick him, much like Koeman and Pellegrino didn't and haven't.

He would be a great player in the Championship but isnt physically up to PL standard.

If we made him available in January I bet only one or two teams right at the bottom of the PL would even consider him.

What do you mean before Puel didn't pick him? He was first choice up front from the first game of the season!

I couldn't care less if our striker hardly moves all game as long as he is putting the ball in the net. Both Lambert and Pelle got slated for being immobile and not moving enough but I give my left bollick for a player like that in our team right now.

Difference with the 2 players you mentioned is that they had other aspects to their game which more than compensated for a lack of running, although I'd hazard a guess they put in more of a shift than Austin does.

Both Lambert and Pelle were superb at holding the ball up, bringing others into play, linking with the attacking midfielders, bullying defenders, winning headers. Austin does none of that, although granted he does know where the goal is. In a team that plays 1 up front he doesn't offer enough to be guaranteed a place in the side. He had a chance to prove this Wolves and looked completely disinterested.

I am not a massive Austin fan but fck me reading this thread you’d think he was hopeless. He is a large bloke doesn’t mean he is unfit but is always likely to look lumbering lump.Goals are not a simple thing to get as we are proving. He gets them.