PL big six about to get richer?

doddisalegend

Would be great if the top 6 did leave for the Elite league.... Would give us a chance of actually winning something.

It you look at our recent results (excluding games against top 6) our record is v.good P16 W6 D4 L6

Assuming you keep the league at 20 and we continue the impressive points return we could get 52 points in a season and potentially finish 7th.

But CB is correct, people are not interested in the also rans.

Even myself who should know better look at the Sky games on a sunday and see , Burnley v Newcastle or WBA I will probably gout. Wheras if it is Man U v Arsenal etc I will stay in to watch, even though the big games rarely live up to the expectation

He used the F1 analogy to make that point, and I countered that I am interested in the also-rans, but think it would be better if those also-rans had the chance to be more than that. I accept that I may be in the minority though. I went to Fulham-Hull the other night and thoroughly enjoyed it, because it actually felt real, not some plastic occasion taking place so that people in Thailand can cheer in a bar. Football counts for something deeper than just bragging rights, director profits and shirt sales, but there is a nagging sense that every step they introduce weakens whatever that intangible feeling is.

There is no chance of the so called "big 6" breaking away to form a European League. For starters if UEFA decided to form a European Super League I expect only Man Utd and Liverpool would make it in anyway.

Teams like Chelsea and Man City are only up the top because they currently have rich owners - they could leave them tomorrow clubs like this could easily end up at the same level as clubs like Leeds, Aston Villa or Newcastle who could easily be "big 6" if they had a dumb rich Arab pouring money in.

True, although I suspect Chelsea would be up the swanny as I think that their owner has lent the money to them in the form of interest free loans. Over £1bn worth, which if he leaves, needs repaying.

True, although I suspect Chelsea would be up the swanny as I think that their owner has lent the money to them in the form of interest free loans. Over £1bn worth, which if he leaves, needs repaying.

Well if that was the case the owner would get very much for his money. As that is the case he is hardly likely to sell them as a bankrupt football club.

• 3 weeks later...
It appears that the Big6 and their lackey (scudamore) have lost / given up trying to get the 14 votes they need.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41734454

Well done Saints for being in the "against" camp.

Perhaps the 14 should have a vote of "NO confidence" in the lackey now, he appears to be only interested in the Big6.

Clueless. Have you looked into or ever read what Scudamore says about the PL and it’s competition? Still won’t stop dinosaurs having a pop and clueless into why all PL teams can buy £20m playing. Conspiracy I tell ya.