Football Manager 2018

Matthew Le God

• 2 weeks later...
Why not give the free demo a try before dismissing it?

it will be largely the same but with updated squads. Hardly played last years and when I did, just found myself trying to download a plug-and-play tactic as could not be arsed to invest time into playing it properly.

don't get me wrong, a legendary game as far as I am concerned. Just my days of playing it are finished

I have one of those Raspberry Pi's fully loaded with about 5000+ games from Atari, Amiga, C64, Spectrum, NES, SNES, Master System, Mega Drive, Gameboy/Colour, Game Gear, Lynx, Arcade and PS1. Much for fun and simple, along with a throwback to a great time with computer games

Edited by Batman

• 3 weeks later...

My dad bought me this on steam, I've loaded it up and created a new profile. Went to the team screen and then saved and closed. Not opened since. The game looks the same and has no appeal to me anymore. Needs a major revamp.

I'm sure at some point when bored I'll give it a go but at the moment its meh. Look at the previous versions on the games threads on here, definitely seems its losing its popularity going by the number of comments on each thread.

I had the iPad version and bought the editor. Too easy to cheat though and all became a little pointless.

Not sure what people expect asking the game to evolve, it is what it is but times change and think most have had the experience and are unlikely to want to repeat forever.

I rarely play marbles or conkers these days,

• 1 month later...
Blimey reading around that site it is basically cheat mode for the game :lol:

I made the 'mistake' of joining the Facebook page which has over 30,000 members. Literally minute by minute posts of people asking for x, y & z. Sharing their stories and tactics. It's pretty amazing but also ridiculously annoying.

You can also second guess the majority type of person posting on there too. Very pale, don;t get out much and constantly deleting their browser history.

• 1 month later...
For a bit of nostalgia, there's a 1995/1996 database. Just downloading now.

Will be interesting to see how that squad is, I play CM 01/02 a lot and still makes me laugh some of the players we had then. FM18 won the season first year with Saints just buying Dolberg up front, not much of a challenge after that. Took Coventry from bottom tier to PL in consecutive seasons too. Have a weird career game going with every league in Europe running, started off managing in N.Ireland, got offered a job in Denmark after winning the treble 3 times in a row. Won league there now joined Rangers who offered me a position. :smug:

• 2 weeks later...

^ Not great, not terrible, but knowledge of the of future effectively means even with a limited budget you can improve it. I have signed Nobby Solano, Ruud Van Nistelroy, Kevin Davies and Pavel Nedved, whilst shipping out players like Heaney, Walters, Gordon Watson etc.

17 year old Matt Oakley and 14 year old Wayne Bridge are in the squad as well.

MLT is also amazing, pace aside, loads of 20s.

Also the guy that has done the database seems to have got the player prices to adjust a lot and the wages as well, so the whole Saints team costs about £600k a week in wages so with all the modern day PL money you can make a fortune.