does the future look good for Pelligrino?

Mr X

I want Les Reed to go, and Wilson too. Recruitment of attacking players is the issue.

And playing one up front for so long when we haven't scored more than about 5 goals in the last God knows how many games. It's Ines usable in my opinion.

If we dont set up to get more players in the box particularly at home and saints will be in for one hell of a relegation battle this season.

I actually think we are likely to get more wins away from home.its ****ing horrible to watch

The fact he persists with the woeful three of Davis, Tadic and Redmond when we are crying out for goals shows he has no grasp of the problems facing the current side. Boufal did more and created more in 20 minutes today than any of them managed in the rest of the match. We had a pretty winnable set of fixtures to start the season, and apart from a lucky win against West Ham (where we were awful against 10 men) and three points against a hopeless Palace, he has failed spectacularly. Time for the board to admit they got it wrong and appoint a new game, where there is still time to make a difference this season.

It's just staggering that they sacked Puel for lack of goals and entertaining football (despite finishing 8th & getting to the cup final) and replace him with someone who is ****ing worse!!!!! What sort of recruitment process do they apply ffs?? I am fed up with these managers that set up the team not to lose rather than actually having a go at winning the game, and continue to persist with a system that clearly isn't working. Why as fans can we see it but the so called experts (eg manager & coaches) can't see it???? I want a manager in charge of Saints that has a connection to the club, is PASSIONATE, and can motivate this bunch of players.

Boring manager = boring football = bored fanbase. I can't see anything changing anytime soon unless the board admit they have made a mistake (which they won't do)

It's just staggering that they sacked Puel for lack of goals and entertaining football (despite finishing 8th & getting to the cup final) and replace him with someone who is ****ing worse!!!!! What sort of recruitment process do they apply ffs?? I am fed up with these managers that set up the team not to lose rather than actually having a go at winning the game, and continue to persist with a system that clearly isn't working. Why as fans can we see it but the so called experts (eg manager & coaches) can't see it???? I want a manager in charge of Saints that has a connection to the club, is PASSIONATE, and can motivate this bunch of players.

Boring manager = boring football = bored fanbase. I can't see anything changing anytime soon unless the board admit they have made a mistake (which they won't do)

The football under MP is far far better. I think people forget Puel's games. You would lose count of the number of times we have not a single player inside the 18yard box.

Its not looking good at the moment to be honest, i was expecting more inspiration and organisation from him.

But like Puel, he doesnt have enough quality in the squad and there are players getting games because there is no alternative.

what other prem league manager leaves last seasons top scorer (Austin) and our best striker (Gabi) on the bench week after week in preference to a guy that hasn't scored in 19 games (Long) !!!!!!! We have the players, we don't have the manager

Really? everyone was happy to blame Puel for his...

Not really, people got fed up with Puel because he onyl ever had 1 striker in the box. And how many games at home did we not score even a single goal with Puel. People need to notice the improvements. Laughable that they can't.

The decision to not replace Rodriguez looking like a catastrophic error right now.

Gabbi was basically the replacement for J Rod but we decided not to sell the latter in January, presumably because of Austin's injury.

What we need is someone who can play more direct in a supporting role, as Mané did.

The results don't look too impressive, barely beating a poor Palace side and a poor West Ham side, draws against Swansea and Huddersfield who we really should be beating (that can be argued I suppose but we should), and poor losses against Stoke, Watford and Wolves in the cup. Results have been poor, even if we haven't looked too bad in games. (Except for in the final third of the pitch.)

It's too early for a sacking, I'm usually supportive of a new manager, but things have to improve or we could be facing the big boys with a poor points tally. Personally I think we will come good, but he needs to find a solution to our goal scoring woes soon - and that means utilising the squad he has, not waiting until January to buy someone in.

It is too early to call for his head but I have seen absolutely **** all from him so far to suggest he is a good appointment. I have seen plenty (bizarre persistence with ineffective formation with same out of form players) to suggest he is a bad one. Needs to fecking well change it up, demonstrate he can identify and solve an obvious problem, and just generally prove his mettle over the next four games.

The strangest thing for me is the fact that we DO have alternatives in attacking positions but we never give them a chance. You'd think that when we have one aspect of our play so obviously wrong we might be prepared to experiment to solve it. I can't believe that Redmond is such a massive asset defensively that the team couldn't possibly function without him.

Edited by mrfahaji

It's too early to say but I don't think the signs are good. We should have just stuck with Puel if MP was the genuinely the best option out there. People keep saying how good the defence is, and that's true, but it was good under Puel. The issue was scoring goals and MP has done nothing to address this. The club haven't done much either. I wasn't happy when they sold J-Rod but I understand the reason for doing it. What I don't understand is why he wasn't replaced.

You have to win games to survive and that involves scoring goals - something we don't look like doing. Even the likes of Brighton, Watford and Swansea have got goals in them. Unless we get our ac together quickly we'll be down there with Palace - another team who can't score.

The strangest thing for me is the fact that we DO have alternatives in attacking positions but we never give them a chance. You'd think that when we have one aspect of our play so obviously wrong we might be prepared to experiment to solve it. I can't believe that Redmond is just a massive asset defensively that the team couldn't possibly function without him.

Exactly. McQueen, Sims, Targett have all looked more creative than Tadic and Redmond. I know there's some injuries but the minute they're available I'd be giving them a try.