Gabbiadini

Heisenberg

What has happened? Just 1 goal in the last 16 appearances.

Looks a shadow of the player that arrived from Napoli. Did Puel fully break him or is there still potential to salvage something here?

Another Saganowski perhaps

Fingers crossed for this afternoon.

Don't think he's suited to our formation or style of play. Might work out better as one of the three behind a striker or in two up front (3 at the back please!), but he doesn't do enough team work to play on his own up front.
A lot of our players aren't suited to the formation which underlines why we need to change it.

Don't think he's suited to our formation or style of play. Might work out better as one of the three behind a striker or in two up front (3 at the back please!), but he doesn't do enough team work to play on his own up front.

This surely highlights a problem with the Les method of recruitment where he and a committee pick the players to sign and then a manager/head coach tries to make them fit a formation of his choice, or one that they feel can get results. Les and the board have absolutely let Puel and MoPe down with regards to the attacking players (including midfielders who don't have the ability or confidence in their ability to play it forward) and because of the system employed to sign players, it is 100% on them.

This surely highlights a problem with the Les method of recruitment where he and a committee pick the players to sign and then a manager/head coach tries to make them fit a formation of his choice, or one that they feel can get results. Les and the board have absolutely let Puel and MoPe down with regards to the attacking players (including midfielders who don't have the ability or confidence in their ability to play it forward) and because of the system employed to sign players, it is 100% on them.

Can't argue with that

Our forward line needs a leader, someone link Pelle/Lambert who can bring Gabbiadini into play. He needs to play off a big forward and unfortunately we don't have that at the minute and don't even look like getting one

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Our forward line needs a leader, someone link Pelle/Lambert who can bring Gabbiadini into play. He needs to play off a big forward and unfortunately we don't have that at the minute and don't even look like getting one

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No, you want him to play off a big forward because you like many others on here can't picture football being played without one. Much of the reason Gabbiadini didn't get much game time at Napoli was because he couldn't play together with Higuain, one of the best big forwards around, so why would he suddenly be able to play with an inferior one? The problem is neither Tadic or Redmond are willing to make runs in behind the defence beyond Gabbiadini/Long, they are the ones who want the focal point to play to, but frankly they are not good enough to justify building a squad to their strengths at the expense of better players like Gabbi. We need a pair of Manés either side of Gabbi, Watford are doing well because in Richarlison they found one.

Players who are not suited- Gabbi, Tadic, boufal, jwp, redmond, Austin. Probably more but that's a lot of players.

Tadic, Redmond, Boufal arguably this system is made for them.

JWP - only because he doesn’t really have a “position”.

Gabbiadini - not really sure what his position is either, he’s not a striker, but he’s not a wide man - he’s never been prolific in his career and always played as a supporting striker.

Austin - isn’t suited to premier league football because he isn’t very good.

For me it’s more about quality than system. The back 7 is arguably up there with the best in the league. We have no strikers who have scored many and the supporting “3” are just not firing at all at the moment.

Not sure what the answer is, would like to see the below against Newcastle...

Long Boufal Tadic

Gabbiadini

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yesterday and in a lot of his appearances he actually makes the runs to get behind the last defender but no one ever blo*dy picks him out and yesterday there was a moment where he was cutting a frustrated figure when I think it was Romeu who didn't see him.

Not seen much of him this season (because of not seen much of Saints rather than he's been stuck on the bench) but from what I saw last season, his movement is excellent. The reason he can't play up on his own is he drops deep too often. However, he is the quality striker in our ranks so to solve the lack of goals problem, you have to work out how to get the best out of Gabbi.

I would like to see us go 3 at the back to allow us to play a second striker, something like:

.............Forster..............

....Yoshi.....VvD....Hoedt....

Cedric.......................Bertrand

..............Romeu.............

....Lemina..........Boufal/Davis.....

...............Gabbi..............

...............Long...............

I've put Boufal/Davis as I would play Boufal at home, but Davis away (and home to the top 6) where his work rate is needed in the middle of the park

I guess no one has addressed what is different now compared to what, six months ago when he was scoring for fun?

his lack of goals coincides with our lack of goals. So is it him or the team? Well he's barely starting games now and we still don't score.

The worse thing about this is that we all know that Long won't start the next game, Maybe it will be Austins turn? We have a manager unable to decide who our best striker is.