Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jan his would you strengthen!

Default Jan his would you strengthen!

Fantasy scenario the new owner has green lit 30 million to strengthen.

Who do you bring in and why? Realistic signings only

Should be interesting to see fans views.

30 million so one decent player and some loose change!

Who would that be ?

"Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry"

In a fantasy scenario what counts as a realistic signing.....

After fee and wages we are only looking at another squad player. Prices these days are ridiculous.

I'd quite like to see Ings - Saints fan and surely Liverpool will want rid with all of their attacking options? Should be an upgrade on Austin as more hardworking and knows how to finish. May be similar to Jay Rod, however, in the sense that serious long-term injury may have caused him to decline as a player.

7. Default

Two chicks at once.

Troy Deeney?

Zyiech

Quote Originally Posted by SaintAndy14 View Post
    I'd quite like to see Ings - Saints fan and surely Liverpool will want rid with all of their attacking options? Should be an upgrade on Austin as more hardworking and knows how to finish. May be similar to Jay Rod, however, in the sense that serious long-term injury may have caused him to decline as a player.
    Hopefully we won't be looking to do any business with Liverpool.

No one knows what realistic means now.

Wouldn't be surprised to see any premier league club splash out on a couple of 30m players and wouldn't be surprised to sign no one either.

Walcott ideally. Just a huge boost for the club and the attack. If possible, a Davis upgrade who can contribute more in attack, but there just aren't many around.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintDan View Post
    Troy Deeney?
    For his mobility

Bas Dost. Same player I wanted us to sign in summer '16 when Pelle went. He was making kissy faces at us back then as well, but apparently we didn't need him because Austin was our Pelle replacement (despite the fact he's not the same type of player, we already had him, and he had basically been injured most of the time we'd had him which should have been an indication of his reliability). We desperately need a proper number 9.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shance View Post
    Zyiech
    Yup

hicham aboucherouane.

Dost is the type of player we haven't replaced when pelle left. Would be useful as a different option. Walcott please. Those two would make a huge difference overall o revkon

Ricardo goulart

18. Default

Bas Dost and Walcott. In fact a proven striker.
    Let's not waste money on the other positions this time around

can we at least get the title of thread grammatically correct. we are making ourselves look like total bell ends

Quote Originally Posted by sotonist View Post
    hicham aboucherouane.
    Wasn't he a 2003 link ?

Quote Originally Posted by davefoggy View Post
    can we at least get the title of thread grammatically correct. we are making ourselves look like total bell ends
    Only if you start using capitol letters.

Dost, Zyiech and Walcott. 30 mill won't stretch far so I'm buying two of them in other fantasy scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Wasn't he a 2003 link ?
    F knows how old it is. I was trying to remember his name for another thread a while back and all I could remember was someone mockingly calling him aboubou. The full name just came to me suddenly while reading this thread. Apparently he's been retired for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by cellone View Post
    Only if you start using capitol letters.

Dost, Zyiech and Walcott. 30 mill won't stretch far so I'm buying two of them in other fantasy scenarios.
    CapitAl letters. And a question mark would have been useful as well in the first attempt.

If we sign a striker and ditch Gabbiaidini so soon, we're heading towards just being another west ham.

He's a really good striker, terrific movement and has been held back by an injury then no support around him.

Gabbiadini with Walcott on the right and one of Tadic, Boufal or Redmond supporting is a different matter entirely.

Gabba best position is on the left up top. I'd put a bid in for Peter Crouch.... Oh wait he would be wasted here as a team we do not know how to cross ��������

Quote Originally Posted by ally_uk View Post
    Gabba best position is on the left up top. I'd put a bid in for Peter Crouch.... Oh wait he would be wasted here as a team we do not know how to cross ��������
    Only Spurs and Man city have made more crosses this season than us

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/...bs/total_cross

Sell either Long or Austin and bring a better quality striker

Buy a better right sided attacker than Redmond

Get a better quality player than Tadic

Quote Originally Posted by pluto View Post

Sell Long and Austin and buy a striker who can score goals and stay fit! Long is awful and Austin a crock.

Kasper Dolberg fits the mould young massive potential.

Quote Originally Posted by ally_uk View Post
    Kasper Dolberg fits the mould young massive potential.
    But you don`t want ...

teams full of Carlos kick a balls

31. Default

We need regular goals. think now is the time to get in a striker with a premier league track record - Walcott.
    Experiments like Osvaldo, Juanmi etc have failed.

Quote Originally Posted by pluto View Post

Spot on, IMO.

Our lack of goals is more than just needing a striker. Our wide men (who play fairly high and practically as forwards) offer little to nothing these days.

Banga Ouagadougou.

Everton are sniffing around Bas Dost I reckon we should go for him aswell...

35. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsland Red View Post
    We need regular goals. think now is the time to get in a striker with a premier league track record - Walcott.
    Experiments like Osvaldo, Juanmi etc have failed.
    What about experiments like Pelle, Mane, Tadic and Rodriguez?

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    Two chicks at once.
    Two lesbians probably. Sisters. I'm just watching.

We all seem want a proven striker who scores goals. So what was Austin when we bought him?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Theo Walcott & Jack Wilshere

Two players who could add flair and goals to our midfield/attack, and who will both be motivated to play games and get a World Cup place.

Two talented players who were flying a few years back and very highly regarded, but have had a poor couple of seasons. We are often good at turning these sorts of players around (Crouch, Palmer, Romeu, etc) who have maybe struggled a bit at their previous club.

And I think realistically we would appeal to them both, maybe with wages being the only stumbling block.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Tony View Post
    We all seem want a proven striker who scores goals. So what was Austin when we bought him?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    He was a penalty box player who finished well and converted chances regularly for lower PL and Championship clubs, albeit he was never renowned especially for his heading ability or hold up play unlike a traditional number 9. He preferred the ball into feet and used his strength and decision making to create space in front of goal. He was also notoriously injury prone.

For some unknown reason the club decided to ignore all of this and retrospectively claim he was the replacement to our 'real' #9 who we let go and failed to replace, and then play him predominantly deep, on the left of a 3, or both. On the odd occasion Puel played him as a centre forward he generally did well.

For what it's worth, I don't think Austin should be completely disregarded, I think he and Gabbiadini would complement each other quite nicely as a striker/inside forward combination. But even if we are to get the best out of him, he's never shown sufficient consistency in form or fitness to be relied upon as the main option up front over the course of a season.

Quote Originally Posted by stu0x View Post
    He was a penalty box player who finished well and converted chances regularly for lower PL and Championship clubs, albeit he was never renowned especially for his heading ability or hold up play unlike a traditional number 9. He preferred the ball into feet and used his strength and decision making to create space in front of goal. He was also notoriously injury prone.

For some unknown reason the club decided to ignore all of this and retrospectively claim he was the replacement to our 'real' #9 who we let go and failed to replace, and then play him predominantly deep, on the left of a 3, or both. On the odd occasion Puel played him as a centre forward he generally did well.

For what it's worth, I don't think Austin should be completely disregarded, I think he and Gabbiadini would complement each other quite nicely as a striker/inside forward combination. But even if we are to get the best out of him, he's never shown sufficient consistency in form or fitness to be relied upon as the main option up front over the course of a season.

Which just highlights the issue for me we have three strikers who all have qualities and yet we choose to play a way that doesn't play to the strengths of any of them and play a wat that would suit a traditional big CF that we don't have. So the question is should the manger play a certain way and coach the players to adapt to the system or should the manager look at the players in his squad and play a system that gets the best out of them?

Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    Which just highlights the issue for me we have three strikers who all have qualities and yet we choose to play a way that doesn't play to the strengths of any of them and play a wat that would suit a traditional big CF that we don't have. So the question is should the manger play a certain way and coach the players to adapt to the system or should the manager look at the players in his squad and play a system that gets the best out of them?
    Couldn't agree more. It's not just the strikers. Everyone from defensive midfield forward is a square peg in a round hole. I wonder if it's coincidence that we are utterly bereft of attacking threat...

Quote Originally Posted by St Louis View Post
    Theo Walcott & Jack Wilshere

Two players who could add flair and goals to our midfield/attack, and who will both be motivated to play games and get a World Cup place.

Two talented players who were flying a few years back and very highly regarded, but have had a poor couple of seasons. We are often good at turning these sorts of players around (Crouch, Palmer, Romeu, etc) who have maybe struggled a bit at their previous club.

And I think realistically we would appeal to them both, maybe with wages being the only stumbling block.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintAndy14 View Post
    hes always injured and not better than austin whos overwieght and too slow

Given it some thought we should do everything to get Theo back. Would give the whole team a lift another option up top. Knows where the goal is intact could see him and Gabba as the main strike force. 15 million get it done....

Alcacer. Would be a brilliant signing. Ditch Austin. someone will buy him because of his scoring regularly for QPR years ago.

Alcacer and Walcott would be a brilliant window. Linked with both, could do with both. But what are the chances of us spending 45m+.

Although I'd accept selling VVD to do it. We'd make do in defence and can't watch much more of our attack as it is.

Main problem is stubbornness. I just don't think the club will ditch Redmond, Tadic, JWP. JWP is the only one I see any hope for but he needs better attackers around him.

Andy Carroll. Great in the air, good shot on him. Perfect for getting on the end of all the crosses that we put in. Doesn't get many games at WHU. Will stay fully fit for his entire time with us. This is a fantasy scenario right?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanh View Post
    Andy Carroll. Great in the air, good shot on him. Perfect for getting on the end of all the crosses that we put in. Doesn't get many games at WHU. Will stay fully fit for his entire time with us. This is a fantasy scenario right?
    More of a nightmare scenario tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Alanh View Post

Hakim Ziyech ran the show tonight v Sparta Rotterdam

50. Default

Ziyech watch is back