Jan his would you strengthen!

ally_uk

I'd quite like to see Ings - Saints fan and surely Liverpool will want rid with all of their attacking options? Should be an upgrade on Austin as more hardworking and knows how to finish. May be similar to Jay Rod, however, in the sense that serious long-term injury may have caused him to decline as a player.

I'd quite like to see Ings - Saints fan and surely Liverpool will want rid with all of their attacking options? Should be an upgrade on Austin as more hardworking and knows how to finish. May be similar to Jay Rod, however, in the sense that serious long-term injury may have caused him to decline as a player.

Hopefully we won't be looking to do any business with Liverpool.

Bas Dost. Same player I wanted us to sign in summer '16 when Pelle went. He was making kissy faces at us back then as well, but apparently we didn't need him because Austin was our Pelle replacement (despite the fact he's not the same type of player, we already had him, and he had basically been injured most of the time we'd had him which should have been an indication of his reliability). We desperately need a proper number 9.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

can we at least get the title of thread grammatically correct. we are making ourselves look like total bell ends

Only if you start using capitol letters. ;)

Dost, Zyiech and Walcott. £30 mill won't stretch far so I'm buying two of them in other fantasy scenarios.

Wasn't he a 2003 link ?

F knows how old it is. I was trying to remember his name for another thread a while back and all I could remember was someone mockingly calling him aboubou. The full name just came to me suddenly while reading this thread. Apparently he's been retired for a few years.

Only if you start using capitol letters. ;)

Dost, Zyiech and Walcott. £30 mill won't stretch far so I'm buying two of them in other fantasy scenarios.

CapitAl letters. And a question mark would have been useful as well in the first attempt.

Sell either Long or Austin and bring a better quality striker

Buy a better right sided attacker than Redmond

Get a better quality player than Tadic

Sell Long and Austin and buy a striker who can score goals and stay fit! Long is awful and Austin a crock.

Sell either Long or Austin and bring a better quality striker

Buy a better right sided attacker than Redmond

Get a better quality player than Tadic

Spot on, IMO.

Our lack of goals is more than just needing a striker. Our wide men (who play fairly high and practically as forwards) offer little to nothing these days.

Theo Walcott & Jack Wilshere

Two players who could add flair and goals to our midfield/attack, and who will both be motivated to play games and get a World Cup place.

Two talented players who were flying a few years back and very highly regarded, but have had a poor couple of seasons. We are often good at turning these sorts of players around (Crouch, Palmer, Romeu, etc) who have maybe struggled a bit at their previous club.

And I think realistically we would appeal to them both, maybe with wages being the only stumbling block.

We all seem want a proven striker who scores goals. So what was Austin when we bought him?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

He was a penalty box player who finished well and converted chances regularly for lower PL and Championship clubs, albeit he was never renowned especially for his heading ability or hold up play unlike a traditional number 9. He preferred the ball into feet and used his strength and decision making to create space in front of goal. He was also notoriously injury prone.

For some unknown reason the club decided to ignore all of this and retrospectively claim he was the replacement to our 'real' #9 who we let go and failed to replace, and then play him predominantly deep, on the left of a 3, or both. On the odd occasion Puel played him as a centre forward he generally did well.

For what it's worth, I don't think Austin should be completely disregarded, I think he and Gabbiadini would complement each other quite nicely as a striker/inside forward combination. But even if we are to get the best out of him, he's never shown sufficient consistency in form or fitness to be relied upon as the main option up front over the course of a season.

He was a penalty box player who finished well and converted chances regularly for lower PL and Championship clubs, albeit he was never renowned especially for his heading ability or hold up play unlike a traditional number 9. He preferred the ball into feet and used his strength and decision making to create space in front of goal. He was also notoriously injury prone.

For some unknown reason the club decided to ignore all of this and retrospectively claim he was the replacement to our 'real' #9 who we let go and failed to replace, and then play him predominantly deep, on the left of a 3, or both. On the odd occasion Puel played him as a centre forward he generally did well.

For what it's worth, I don't think Austin should be completely disregarded, I think he and Gabbiadini would complement each other quite nicely as a striker/inside forward combination. But even if we are to get the best out of him, he's never shown sufficient consistency in form or fitness to be relied upon as the main option up front over the course of a season.

Which just highlights the issue for me we have three strikers who all have qualities and yet we choose to play a way that doesn't play to the strengths of any of them and play a wat that would suit a traditional big CF that we don't have. So the question is should the manger play a certain way and coach the players to adapt to the system or should the manager look at the players in his squad and play a system that gets the best out of them?

Which just highlights the issue for me we have three strikers who all have qualities and yet we choose to play a way that doesn't play to the strengths of any of them and play a wat that would suit a traditional big CF that we don't have. So the question is should the manger play a certain way and coach the players to adapt to the system or should the manager look at the players in his squad and play a system that gets the best out of them?
Couldn't agree more. It's not just the strikers. Everyone from defensive midfield forward is a square peg in a round hole. I wonder if it's coincidence that we are utterly bereft of attacking threat...

Theo Walcott & Jack Wilshere

Two players who could add flair and goals to our midfield/attack, and who will both be motivated to play games and get a World Cup place.

Two talented players who were flying a few years back and very highly regarded, but have had a poor couple of seasons. We are often good at turning these sorts of players around (Crouch, Palmer, Romeu, etc) who have maybe struggled a bit at their previous club.

And I think realistically we would appeal to them both, maybe with wages being the only stumbling block.

Satellite?blobkey=id&blobwhere=1302816511107&blobheader=image%2Fjpeg&blobheadername1=Content-Disposition&blobheadervalue1=inline%3B+filename%3Dfeature-image-12.jpg&blobcol=urlimagefile&blobtable=UXImage&moddate=2015-05-14%2001:06:58

hes always injured and not better than austin whos overwieght and too slow

Andy Carroll. Great in the air, good shot on him. Perfect for getting on the end of all the crosses that we put in. Doesn't get many games at WHU. Will stay fully fit for his entire time with us. This is a fantasy scenario right?