Saints vs. Newcastle Thread

Dark Munster

A safe prediction that the game will go like this.

The toons will have two golden chances first half while we will have one scuff Redmond chance.

Might be 0-1 at half time but that depends on how Forster is feeling.

second half lots of procession and half chances until VVD pops one up in the last 5 minutes.

Might be 1-1 or 1-0 to us if Forster plays well.

Have a habit of picking games to attend after the international break unintentionally. After the Watford embarrassment I hope we don’t have to rest key players, hopefully the extra day will help with that.

Did Japan and Gabon have internationals?

No way am I getting up at 1am to watch another impotent home performance. Hope we win, but won't be posting any comments on here regardless as I won't be watching it. Kudos to those of you still rocking up and shelling out for this garbage. Saints till I die, but there is only so much you can take. Prediction - if no changes to the lineup or tactics 0-0. If Redmond and/or Tadic dropped we might win it 2-0.

We've done well against Newcastle over the years and could really do with the 3 points now , will be a tough game. No way would I play Boufal and Tadic together, that just doesn't work. I heard Bertrand might have picked up a back injury on England duty?

Newcastle sold out their 3300 allocation so should be a decent atmosphere.

Newcastle are a good side from what I've seen.

Can't see us winning as we just can't score goals at home (or anywhere else)

Then we should be seriously worried. We have a continuation of kind fixtures for another month and then it gets tough.

We need 2 wins from the next 4 or we are in the **** I think.

We will have 65%-75% possession, loads of off target shots and no goals. Newcastle will score with their one attempt on target ( probably a header from a set piece) we will throw everything and the kitchen sink at them in the last 10 minutes final register a shot on target that the Newcastle keeper will save with a worldie. After people will say we were the better team and should have won.

We will have 65%-75% possession, loads of off target shots and no goals. Newcastle will score with their one attempt on target ( probably a header from a set piece) we will throw everything and the kitchen sink at them in the last 10 minutes final register a shot on target that the Newcastle keeper will save with a worldie. After people will say we were the better team and should have won.

It's depressing how predictable this is... :(

Forster

Cedric van Dijk Yoshi/Hoedt Bertrand

Lemina Romeu

Boufal Davis Tadic

Gabbiadini

PLEASE! At least TRY it to see how it goes. I did have 'Boufal/Long' but seems like Shane is injured.

Edited by mrfahaji

Forster

Cedric VVD Hoedt Bertrand

Romeu Lemina

Long Boufal Tadic

Gabbiadini

Get at them,

Boufal wuth Gabbiadini in front has to be given games to gel. Long will probably be injured so i would put Prowse on the right But Boufal has to play in the hole and be given a decent run in the side as he is the only player that can create something

Boufal wuth Gabbiadini in front has to be given games to gel. Long will probably be injured so i would put Prowse on the right But Boufal has to play in the hole and be given a decent run in the side as he is the only player that can create something

Which of the goals he has set up have you been most impressed with?

I'd love to know what this based on? There isn't anything to suggest that playing Boufal in the 10 will create any more than Tadic or Davis playing there. Yes he has the ability to beat a man but there has been precious little evidence to suggest that Boufal will score many or has the range of passing and vision to create much for others all he wants to do is beat a man and then try and beat a couple more until he gets tackled.

No Long maybe so that may force his hand playing two up front against the barcodes who we always beat
Why would it force his hand to play a system he's shown no interest in?

Will just replace Long with Gabbiadini and McQueen or Targett for Bertrand, if injured as rumoured.

Boufal may get a start - probably instead of Tadic, but should be to replace Redmond, who seriously needs time on the bench.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yep, and the crowd will just sit passively by in their usual dull way these days when a bit of pressure from the stands might just make the oppo creak. Like the old days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHOKhyhBjnY

1 down on 88mins but the Dell crowd inspired a comeback that crushed the Geordies in a few short minutes. The roar with every attack lifted everyone - just doesn't happen at St Mary's. Shame.

Which of the goals he has set up have you been most impressed with?

He was responsible for one of the few bright moments in the game against Watford. He actually took someone on and got a ball into the box. While the final pass could have been better, it was more due to the lack of support/movement that it didn't result in a goal.

Yep, and the crowd will just sit passively by in their usual dull way these days when a bit of pressure from the stands might just make the oppo creak. Like the old days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHOKhyhBjnY

1 down on 88mins but the Dell crowd inspired a comeback that crushed the Geordies in a few short minutes. The roar with every attack lifted everyone - just doesn't happen at St Mary's. Shame.

Remember that well, the tannoy announcer asking the Archers to please sit down, from that game on the Archers only ever stood. Great game, one of many great games i can remember against the Geordies at the dell (le tiss and ruddock ones too).