Saints vs. Newcastle Thread

Dark Munster

Boufal has always made an impression coming off the bench. It is his ability to do it over the duration of a game which is questionable. I'd like to see him given a free role in the number 10 position so there is no pressure on him to defend and he can do 'his thing' in the most dangerous areas.

With the upcoming November fixtures we really needed a win. Gabbi showed his goal scoring class in this game. It amazes me that Pellegrino has been so reluctant to start him. Lemina is such a good player. Boufal offered something coming on but lacked an end product. VVD has added solidity in the air for corners and free kicks, but overall it’s all a little numbing for me. Can’t think of too many positives from that game.

Glad to not lose but it hardly papers over any cracks, everyone can see how absolutely average we are. MP is looking the wrong appointment with each match that passes.

SD spared our blushes with that goal line clearance.

FF is dog****, but will still be in the squad next week.

Ref absolutely bottled the red card decision, no consistency whatsoever.

#welimpon

If Boufal isn't playing and Redmond is against West Brom, Pellegrino needs his head testing

Boufal can be infuriating but hardly surprising that he always looks like he's trying a bit too hard when he rarely gets more than 20 minutes. When we bought him he was supposed to be our f*cking saviour. I'm bored of saying this now, but give him a run of games...

If Boufal isn't playing and Redmond is against West Brom, Pellegrino needs his head testing

He can get his head tested with his payoff = sack him. Reed and Wilson can join him at the job centre as well.

Shame on Pellegrino though for dropping Gabbiadini and before that playing him in a totally unsuitable system. Good to see Gabi sticking two fingers up at him and his puppeteer today.