December and January TV games

Shroppie

Think we're pretty safe from a Xmas Eve game, but I can't do 23rd anyway.

Arsenal v Liverpool is favourite for TV on Xmas Eve but I actually sympathise for once with the Scousers who, if the ko is latish, wouldn't get home until the early hours of Christmas morning.

This is a TV step too far.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Think we're pretty safe from a Xmas Eve game, but I can't do 23rd anyway.

Arsenal v Liverpool is favourite for TV on Xmas Eve but I actually sympathise for once with the Scousers who, if the ko is latish, wouldn't get home until the early hours of Christmas morning.

This is a TV step too far.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

IMHO I do not think there should be football on Xmas eve full stop.

And I would assume every football fan can wait for boxing day

IMHO I do not think there should be football on Xmas eve full stop.

And I would assume every football fan can wait for boxing day

Not every fan gets a Boxing Day game though do they. I haven't looked at the other fixtures but would have to think Spurs/Saints is fairly attractive and will quite possibly be moved later in the week or kick off at silly o'clock early/late.

The Premier League should have stipulated in the contract for the TV rights for there to be no games on Xmas Eve.

Ultimately, as Sky are paying so much money, they should have their full picks as normal. Arsenal and Liverpool are one of those clubs who wanted extra money, so they can't complain.

Think most people are with you there, looks like no overground either and a limited tube service so will even be a ballache once you're there.

With few Spurs fans also being able to walk it, they'll be a hell of a lot of traffic in the Wembley area, all trying to find somewhere to park. It'll be a nightmare.

It's very annoying how late they are taking to announce these games, last year we were due to play Spurs on 26th but instead played on 28th. Could really do with knowing when that will be along with the Man Utd game as if both of those move for tv will probably have a knock on effect for Palace at home as well, makes it difficult making plans for that week but as we all know by now they don't give a stuff about the match going fan.

With few Spurs fans also being able to walk it, they'll be a hell of a lot of traffic in the Wembley area, all trying to find somewhere to park. It'll be a nightmare.

Don't live too far from White Hart Lane and to be honest most of them don't walk it anyway, majority of their support these days is from Hertfordshire more than North London.

Don't live too far from White Hart Lane and to be honest most of them don't walk it anyway, majority of their support these days is from Hertfordshire more than North London.

Yep, you're right, and Buckinghamshire, and Berkshire, and Essex..... Boxing Day will be more like Cup Final day with 80,000 'visiting' fans coming from all directions but only by (grid-locked) road.

And like John Boy Saint says "Not to mention the Sale starting at IKEA Brent Park!!!"

I suspect/hope the authorities can see real potential for mayhem here and get the date shifted.

Bournemouth, Arsenal and Spurs games moved for TV

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-10-19/southampton-television-fixture-changes-december-2017

Bournemouth vs Southampton

Sunday 3rd December

1.30pm GMT

Live on Sky Sports

Southampton vs Arsenal

Sunday 10th December

Midday GMT

Live on BT Sport

Tottenham vs Southampton

Tuesday 26th December

12.30pm GMT

Live on Sky Sports

Is it? That round of fixtures and the January TV games will be announced next week, unless I'm missing something.

http://sport.bt.com/football/premier-league-fixtures-bt-sport-announces-christmas-and-new-year-tv-games-S11364220955951

Palace game New Year's Day must be changing . Can't see Sat evening then Monday afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FFS! Will be skiing on the Sunday we play Spurs now.

And i see they've finally realised they needed to move the Palace game from New Years Day

Hmmmmm Skiing for the Spurs game nice............ beats being in Bloody Felixstowe in an ice box of a warehouse (even in the summer) for the annual company stock take for the Palace game.

Still means I can get sozzled New Years Eve on Snowballs followed by Creme de Menthe!! :D