Pellegrino OUT

Batman

Why did we spent twenty million and his fat four year contract on Carrillo then?

How does that fit this masterplan?

I'm not saying that it is the plan, but I was just pointing out that he could achieve his possible aims without looking at the club as a longterm investment.

Why did we spent twenty million and his fat four year contract on Carrillo then?

How does that fit this masterplan?

Carillo will have some residual value. maybe £15m? Thus only a few milion loss on him. Ashby Saint has the point, maybe the downside for Gao is just to walk away with £20m to £50m more, all of which is outside of China?

Why would any "wealthy" owner really want/need to make a profit from the transfers that take place when staring at relegation?

Lowe took a few million profit in the relegation season transfer window.

Edited by Topcat

Carillo will have some residual value. maybe £15m? Thus only a few milion loss on him. Ashby Saint has the point, maybe the downside for Gao is just to walk away with £20m to £50m more, all of which is outside of China?

Who the hell is going to pay £15m for a non scoring forward?

Why would any "wealthy" owner really want/need to make a profit from the transfers that take place when staring at relegation?

Lowe took a few million profit in the relegation season transfer window.

You people are fu cking nuts.

Relegation, parachute money raped by the owners , owners sell up on the cheap and walk away with a big smile and bank balance.....the plan is working perfectly.

This is all kinds of crazy. Saints would have significantly more money if they stay up and the value of the club as an asset wouldn't plummet.

The 'parachute money' is just a lot less TV money than we would get if we stayed up.

This works if you are trying to make money, but what if the objective is to get money out of the country. Spend £200M on club, recoup £75M on Van Dyk, leaving £125M to get when you walk away from the club. You could make that from selling the squad and pocketing the parachute payments.

2 fundamental errors here.

1. You seem to be assuming that a club 8th in the premier league is worth exactly the same as one bottom half of the championship, minus the £75m for Virgil. He wouldn’t even get half of £125m when he try’s to ‘walk away from the club’.

2. You seem to think GAO got every penny of the £75m into his personal account, up front, no questions asked. For a start 20% of the club is still Kat’s. Celtic get a big chunk, £10-15m was quoted, not to mention the various other fees involved in trading a player.

Actually three fundamental errors, your also assuming there are no laws against what is essential fraud, money laundering and doing a runner from a company which is essentially bankrupt with hundreds of millions in embezzled cash.

Really dislike this manager more than any other and I’m nearly 60 so seen a few poor managers but this guy takes the biscuit

Saggy still holds the crown for me in the dislike stakes. But this thick clown is a close second. Redmond on the left, Tadic centre/right, and a non-scoring "striker" isolated up front. Again. **** me, I detest this bastard.

people say he's a nice bloke but I disagree, he has no class - he should have fallen on his sword weeks (months) ago and is simply proving what a bare faced fraudster he is, no pride, no honour....nothing. He just wants his cheque.

tbf to him I struggle to see why not resigning means he isn't a 'nice bloke'. If you were him would you honestly walk away from millions of pounds in wages... really? It is not like he is likely to get another job as well paid as he is currently any time soon given the disaster he has been.

Edited by Matthew Le God

people say he's a nice bloke but I disagree, he has no class - he should have fallen on his sword weeks (months) ago and is simply proving what a bare faced fraudster he is, no pride, no honour....nothing. He just wants his cheque.

I don't blame him for not resigning, it's the spineless ****s that should have sacked him in Autumn, Winter and now Spring.

tbf to him I struggle to see why not resigning means he isn't a 'nice bloke'. If you were him would you honestly walk away from millions of pounds in wages... really? It is not like he is likely to get another job as well paid as he is currently any time soon given the disaster he has been.

With his ability the best he could hope for is cleaning toilets. He'll never get a pay day remotely close to what he's getting now. He may be thick (really, really thick), but even he is not stupid enough to walk away from what remaining cheques he's still getting (plus the payoff when he eventually gets sacked).

I don't blame him at all. Anyone in his position would do the same thing. That said he should have gone in November. It's astounding he is still here.

How could u not blame him, he plays a system that doesn't work, players in wrong positions and still doesn't realise IT DOESN'T WORK