Pellegrino OUT

Batman

Les Reed 1 year ago - "I don’t like naming other clubs but Leicester won the league and are now in a relegation battle. We don’t want to do that."

I guess you could say he is half right

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/15005364.Reed_backs_Puel_for_Saints_success/

It's disgusting how we were looking down our noses at a club like Leicester who had just won the flipping league! It typifies our arrogance and our belief that we are just a better class of club- and its going to be our ultimate downfall.

This is the man who used the Lemina signing press release to take a swipe at other clubs' transfer business:

“In a volatile market with some extraordinary and inexplicable transfers taking place, we are determined to go about our work in a diligent and correct way. This is a player who has won trophies and played in the Champions League final less than three months ago and he has signed for Saints amid a host of suitors."

So puffed up on his own self - importance it's untrue.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Let's not forget this gem.

''“I believe as a group we probably have a choice from the best pool of midfield options in the Premier League.”''

I think we genuinely see ourselves as a class above teams like Bournemouth. It's that arrogance that has been our downfall. No doubt the players are fed similar lines when they sign and hence we have no one with a bit of passion and fight about them, prepared to mix it with the teams down the bottom and go toe to toe as equals. It stinks.
That is a bit harsh on player like PEH, JWP, Romeu, Long. All of which tried tonight. And tbf, Tadic and Bertrand also tried tonight. Our defence isn't strong enough, and we aren't attacking with enough determination or tempo. Manager is to blame for that. But the board are to blame for the manger, the weakened team, and the whole arrogant outlook of the club.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Let's not forget this gem.

''“I believe as a group we probably have a choice from the best pool of midfield options in the Premier League.”''

Not a direct quote but from Jeremy Wilsons Telegraph post VVD PR article:”“In the past the club feel they have never sought to take credit publically for their dazzling recruitment successes, with £166 million of players sold to Liverpool alone since 2014”.

Time he goes I think. I’ve been waiting for it to turn, for the improved performances (every now and then) to turn into wins and a good run of results. Not happened.

He’s wasting talent like Lemina, Boufal and Gabbi at the expense of players who we all know offer nothing or are looking past their sell by date.

Silva in, let’s go after some teams for once. He took hull down but at least it was down fighting!

Absolute joke tonight as soon as I heard the team news inside SMS I knew we'd be up against it. Leaving 4 big name players on the bench for a must win game was unbelievable. Gabbi, Sofiane, Mario and Carillio should all be in the starting 11!! More negative tactics from a naive manager. Has to go now surely!

Edited by davefizzy14

Jeremy Wilson's Telegraph report on the Brighton match says

"West Bromwich Albion now await on Saturday and, while Southampton remain one of the few struggling clubs to have not already replaced their manager, that may just become a must-win game for Manuel Pellegrino. He might be well liked in both the boardroom and dressing-room but an urgency is beginning to develop about the situation."

Whether informed by the club or not who knows but suggests he will limp on until the weekend at least. "An urgency is beginning to develop", no **** Sherlock!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

This manager must know the criticism, abuse and disrespect he gets. Why doesn't he just resign? Could you face going into a work place day after day with whispering behind your back and even disrespect from those who you answer too? Nothing will change now so resignation is your only let out.

This could also apply to Les Reed, although throughout his time in this buisness has grown a thick skin as well being deaf and blind

"West Bromwich Albion now await on Saturday and, while Southampton remain one of the few struggling clubs to have not already replaced their manager, that may just become a must-win game for Manuel Pellegrino. He might be well liked in both the boardroom and dressing-room but an urgency is beginning to develop about the situation."

Whether informed by the club or not who knows but suggests he will limp on until the weekend at least. "An urgency is beginning to develop", no **** Sherlock!

Bored of Jeremy Wilson and his puff pieces.

He might be a nice bloke, but he is an awful manager.

The board are negligent. There is no way in the world he should be trusted for the the West Brom match.

The must-win games have all run out, Jeremy.

How many second chances, one-last- chances are we giving this idiot.

Twelve games without a win. Twelve games. For a team that was solid and safe mid-table. He's destroyed us.

I’m more Reed out than Pellegrino out... which is not to say I don’t want Pellegrino out with every fibre of my being.

They both need to go ASAP. In combination they are both ruining the club I love! I’m still hopeful with a decent manager in charge we could get out of this mess.

I have to offer my sincere apologies. To

Steve Wigley,

Ian Branfoot,

Jan Poortvliet,

Stuart Gray,

and above all, clowns everywhere. Comparing this **** with you all was rude and insulting, and I am deeply sorry.

Never never offer sincere apologies to Branfoot, under any circumstances.

OK. That’s it. I am now officially in the MP out group. He left our four most expensive players on the bench for the first half, went with the same formation and players at home from the start, knowing full well that this plan has not worked against teams like Brighton. He doesn’t know his best 11 and there is a clear deficiency in coaching attacking moves - we look thoroughly disorganised despite the fact we have some good players.

We are going down with the clown....hate saying it, but last night we looked just like a relegation scrapping team. He’s got to go and the big dilemma is who would replace him?

We were apparently prepared to part with £30m to buy Promes in the hope his ability would keep us up. We failed in that bid.

The next best investment we can make now to try and avoid the drop is to pay off this charlatan and get in somebody, anybody, who has the slightest grasp of the realities of PL football.

I can't even see where a win is possibly going to come from with this guy in charge, if he can't even set us up properly to beat Brighton at home.

Go now Mauricio. Clear your desk and f**k off.

OK. That’s it. I am now officially in the MP out group. He left our four most expensive players on the bench for the first half, went with the same formation and players at home from the start, knowing full well that this plan has not worked against teams like Brighton. He doesn’t know his best 11 and there is a clear deficiency in coaching attacking moves - we look thoroughly disorganised despite the fact we have some good players.

We are going down with the clown....hate saying it, but last night we looked just like a relegation scrapping team. He’s got to go and the big dilemma is who would replace him?

But that's just it. we DIDN'T!! there was no passion, no desire, no urgency, every "attack" was walking pace. how many times did we actually test their keeper?? Not anything like the relegation scraps we had at The Dell. Going down without a fight. Oh, and 3 years ago we were 3rd in the Premier League

I mentioned this a few months back.

As did I and people took me to task over it. SFC for her family was an investment, and one that with a bit of nurturing has repaid very handsomely. I am surprised though, that some believed that she would only sell to those with the club's best interests at heart rather than those who paid the most. They trotted out her father's legacy bit, which I pointed out was to her, not to us. That seemed to be lost on many.

Anyway, she still has 20% share, so let's hear from her, seeing as the 80% share holder seems to be totally anonymous.

This will sound like heresy but Ms Liebherr needs to take some blame,selling 80% to someone never likely to take us forward but then telling us she had. She lied. #saintsfc

No heresy involved. What you said is correct. She wanted out, and didnt care who coughed up her valuation.

I reckon there is a close correlation between her final decision to sell, and the start of the decline.

This point is controversial, but I also blame her for the loss of Cortese. This wouldnt be happening if he were still here. I dont care about his rating in the popularity stakes.

No heresy involved. What you said is correct. She wanted out, and didnt care who coughed up her valuation.

I reckon there is a close correlation between her final decision to sell, and the start of the decline.

This point is controversial, but I also blame her for the loss of Cortese. This wouldnt be happening if he were still here. I dont care about his rating in the popularity stakes.

Cortese was his own worst enemy. It wasn't his money that he was playing with. But as for our decline.....I would agree that it mirrors the decision to sell. Maybe the appointment of Puel and then Pellegrino were "yes" men who wouldn't demand as much as Koeman. But now the new owner is here, he needs to sort it and give the club some leadership and direction.

Don't cloud things with mention of Cortese, he had to go, he was spending money that would have bankrupted us had he been allowed to continue.