Pellegrino OUT

Batman

Rodgers was an absolute disrespectful c*nt to us when he signed Lallana and Lovren.

I wouldn't want that pearly-toothed pr*ck anywhere near our club.

He said we had lost our ambition? He was right!! Not sure how thats disrespect?

That summer we sold 5 first team players and replaced them with cheaper alternatives.

It kinda worked for us temporarily, but that doesn't change the fact that he was right.

People just seem to object when people speak the truth.

Truth hurts

Rodgers was an absolute disrespectful c*nt to us when he signed Lallana and Lovren.

I wouldn't want that pearly-toothed pr*ck anywhere near our club.

At least he was employed by Liverpool when he disrespected us, we’ve got a centre half who did so when we were paying his wages

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forster

Wanyama

van Dijk

All blow your argument apart. If we really wanted someone at Celtic, they'd come. They can't get remotely close to the wages Saints can offer. Money generally talks in football.

Celtic have got a new head of recruitment, Chelsea's former chief scout, Lee Congerton. They've done very well to get him. Scouting and recruitment have always been the key to Celtic's success, more than the manager, the same as they were for us when we had Paul Mitchell. It will be interesting to see if Congerton can unearth gems in the transfer market, like Wanyama and van Dijk, as well as John Park did over the last 10 years. Brendan Rodgers didn't like the amount of power Park, with his job title of head of football development, had at Celtic and there was a bit of a power struggle, similar to that between Koeman and Reed. Park is now looking for a well-paid Les Reed-type position.

Celtic have got a new head of recruitment, Chelsea's former chief scout, Lee Congerton. They've done very well to get him. Scouting and recruitment have always been the key to Celtic's success, more than the manager, the same as they were for us when we had Paul Mitchell. It will be interesting to see if Congerton can unearth gems in the transfer market, like Wanyama and van Dijk, as well as John Park did over the last 10 years. Brendan Rodgers didn't like the amount of power Park, with his job title of head of football development, had at Celtic and there was a bit of a power struggle, similar to that between Koeman and Reed. Park is now looking for a well-paid Les Reed-type position.

Not sure Congerton is such a coup for them though , just seen this about his time at Sunderland:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/11/09/are-celtic-discovering-why-sunderland-fans-warned-them-about-lee/

I think a few have previously suggested on here we should get Celtic's head of recruitment to try and cut out the middleman as it were, perhaps Park's availability makes it possible.

That summer we sold 5 first team players and replaced them with cheaper alternatives.

It kinda worked for us temporarily, but that doesn't change the fact that he was right.

Truth hurts

Thats

Ok whatever, but he's still a c#nt. Can we not get him in as next manager please.

When you look at the rate Managers are fired at, I would imagine that being the manager at Celtic is a pretty cosy gig IF you can keep churning out results, winning stuff keep everything ticking along without too much fuss. No spectre of doom anywhere near your front door, if the money is more than enough to get by on (I imagine the severance cheque from Liverpool would see the average Joe placed in a position to retire alone) the only thing to make you go elsewhere is personal ambition.

I get impression that Neil Lennon got bored, which is why he left, and boredom is probably the only thing to see Rodgers depart........... given his nationality the weather in Glasgow isn't going to be much of a factor ;-)

When you look at the rate Managers are fired at, I would imagine that being the manager at Celtic is a pretty cosy gig IF you can keep churning out results, winning stuff keep everything ticking along without too much fuss. No spectre of doom anywhere near your front door, if the money is more than enough to get by on (I imagine the severance cheque from Liverpool would see the average Joe placed in a position to retire alone) the only thing to make you go elsewhere is personal ambition.

I get impression that Neil Lennon got bored, which is why he left, and boredom is probably the only thing to see Rodgers depart........... given his nationality the weather in Glasgow isn't going to be much of a factor ;-)

Mate, it's Celtic, even me and you could keep them winning given the 'competition'. With all due respect to the 'sweaty socks' the standard of football is absolute dire and has been for years.

Truth hurts

Predictable.

Only because they added ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

On about paying Watford 8m compo too !

Only 3 clubs have been champions more than Everton, and they don't include the new kids on the block: Man City and Chelsea. But, it does show that the 'big club' group is constantly changing.

No Premier League champion wins though and there never will be and that`s what they unrealistically want.....

They are the same as the rest of the the PL below the top 6, ordinary! with a decent season here and there

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Its funny watching Everton try to be all "big club" when they clearly are not

I just read this

The dugout pioneers are willing to double Marco Silva’s wages and give him a considerable January transfer fund to try and persuade the highly-rated Watford manager to join Goodison Park in mid-season.

From http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/marco-silva-future-everton-watford-double-wages-january-transfers-a8055176.html - albeit with a bit of artistic license at the start.

Typical brash approach of just throwing money at it and everything will be fine.... as it was with RK of course. Do theses c^nts ever learn?

I'm not sure how I'd react if Saints attempted to pull off something similar to what Everton are doing right now with Watford. It seems classless to me.

I wonder how long before the Everton supporters turn up on the Watford forums talking about dugouts and all the other pointless crap that they apparently created, thereby making them a huge club.

I'm not sure how I'd react if Saints attempted to pull off something similar to what Everton are doing right now with Watford. It seems classless to me.

It would be great if we did it. Its exactly what we did to take Adkins from S****horpe but we don't have the clout to do it to other PL sides, just like we never go after established PL players even from lesser sides.

Just this. We sold all our best players and replaced them with mediocre ones. Why would another change of manager help? The players are not good enough. I guess seeing how Puel does at Leister will prove or disprove this.

Just this. We sold all our best players and replaced them with mediocre ones. Why would another change of manager help? The players are not good enough. I guess seeing how Puel does at Leister will prove or disprove this.
Puel doing well at Leicester would prove nothing. Having poorer players undoubtedly has an impact, but the players we have are capable of more than they are currently showing. Given the right incentives and coaching we could at the very least score more goals and play a more entertaining brand of football.

Puel doing well at Leicester would prove nothing. Having poorer players undoubtedly has an impact, but the players we have are capable of more than they are currently showing. Given the right incentives and coaching we could at the very least score more goals and play a more entertaining brand of football.

Hope you're right.

This clearly didn't happen then, lardy chops?

How do you know? We haven’t had a game since he posted it. He said he was on thin ice and had to change his style, not that he was about to be imminently sacked. No wonder nobody with any sort of insider knowledge wants to post it - they are called out every time it’s perceived as incorrect (even where it’s been misunderstood).

How do you know? We haven’t had a game since he posted it. He said he was on thin ice and had to change his style, not that he was about to be imminently sacked. No wonder nobody with any sort of insider knowledge wants to post it - they are called out every time it’s perceived as incorrect (even where it’s been misunderstood).

Sorry, i've misread his post. Judging by the time it was posted, I thought he was discussing a board meeting later that day.

Now I realise he was talking about what was said in the meeting.

Apologies.

Puel doing well at Leicester would prove nothing.

Bizarre . So mane doing well at Liverpool proves nothing. Doesn’t prove we sold him too cheaply?

So if Puel wins a cup this season, then gets Leicester champions league football the next 5, it won’t prove a thing? I’ve no doubt if they’re relegated you won’t be saying it proves nothing.

Think he knows he's under a little pressure and is aware of the sentiment from the fans.

Will be interesting how he solves the goal problem.....'cause looping in hopeful crosses from the fullbacks clearly isn't it.

He isn't right. If Puel does well there it shows that the team here is not good enough. As simple as that.

I was referring to this statement, I probably should have made it bold for clarity:

...but the players we have are capable of more than they are currently showing...

I agree that if Puel does well at Leicester it proves the players aren't good enough (which is what I think). I hope I am wrong and that the players are more capable than they are currently showing as Hypocondriac said.

Exactly right. Puel doing well at Leicester wouldn't change the fact he was the worst manager Southampton Football Club has ever had by far.

Rubbish. Off the top of my head; Sturrock, Redknapp, Branfoot, Poortvliet, Wotte & Wigley were all significantly worse than Puel. The style of football was terrible, and I didn't like him as a manager here, but saying he's the worst manager we've ever had by far is demonstrably false.

Bizarre . So mane doing well at Liverpool proves nothing. Doesn’t prove we sold him too cheaply?

So if Puel wins a cup this season, then gets Leicester champions league football the next 5, it won’t prove a thing? I’ve no doubt if they’re relegated you won’t be saying it proves nothing.

It has no bearing either way on his ability to manage Southampton. How he performs at a different club at a different time with different players and in a different setup has no relevance to his time at saints.

I was referring to this statement, I probably should have made it bold for clarity:

I agree that if Puel does well at Leicester it proves the players aren't good enough (which is what I think). I hope I am wrong and that the players are more capable than they are currently showing as Hypocondriac said.

Rubbish. Off the top of my head; Sturrock, Redknapp, Branfoot, Poortvliet, Wotte & Wigley were all significantly worse than Puel. The style of football was terrible, and I didn't like him as a manager here, but saying he's the worst manager we've ever had by far is demonstrably false.

Fair, I agree to the above :)