Pellegrino OUT

Batman

Koeman going to sign with the dutch fed to coach the national team next week.

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2018/02/116946-2ronald-koeman-poised-to-sign-as-new-dutch-national-coach/

Does anybody know what his brother is doing or going to do ?

If I remember correctly they hadn't worked together before us and I was impressed with Edwin's tactical knowledge of the game when he was here.

For example the liverpoo game a couple of years ago when when Klippity had just arrived and they were 2-0 up at h/t and should have been 4 or 5 up as we tried to play though their midfield (I call it their "venus fly trap", because they sucker sides into playing through midfield and then win the ball and counter at pace).

Anyhow at h/t we changed our tactics and I was told it was Edwin that came up with the plan. We moved Pelle 10 yrds deeper and then surrounded him with 3 or 4 players (jwp,tadic,mane etc) and then played long balls up to Pelle' chest bypassing the "venus fly trap" and playing in the area between their defence and midfield.

IMO We have some good players at Saints they are just badly organised at the moment and Edwin has good football knowledge.

@AdamBlackmore: Here is how I see it today for #saintsfc and Pellegrino:

Win & he keeps his job

Lose & take only 1pt from Brighton & WBA, his position is untenable.

Draw and the board have a decision to make that must already be in their minds, and planned for, you would hope.

I was thinking of saying that the ideal scenario is making it to the end of the season with Pellegrino in charge, somehow surviving relegation and then the club has the opportunity to replace him in the summer when the club has the opportunity to think things through and weigh up potential candidates.

Then I remembered that the last time the club had the time in the summer to weigh up candidates and go through a detailed selection process, we ended up with Mauricio Pellegrino.

I’d be very interested to see if he’s got the sense to pick largely the same side for the Liverpool game, or if he makes odd changes again like bringing in Davis for Lemina. We could be stuck in “this manager will never learn” territory, if he does that, once again.

One frigging win out of 13 games and still no sacking...have you guys gone off the boil now? Looks like this w*nk manager is here to stay! I still don't think he can keep us up, I don't trust his judgment.

100% record in Feb, keep that up and he’ll be manager of the month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Les/Ralph, this is how it's done - you would have a lot more respect than you have currently:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5364729/Leeds-owner-calls-Thomas-Christiansen-appointment-mistake.html

And for those that believe we could not attract a good replacement:

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/15934005.Bantams__inundated__with_offers_to_be_next_manager/

"We have been inundated with applicants in the past 24 hours and have spoken to a number of high calibre individuals." and this for L1 Bradford

There is simply no excuse for not sacking our manager.

Not sure what point you're making. Leeds replaced Christensen with Paul Heckingbottom, they're not happy about that in the slighest.

And 'high calibure' for Bradford isn't what you'd class as high calbire for us.

If you don't agree with my view than fine. I think you know the points I was making:

1. People make mistakes - it's a given. Takes a strong individual to admit it and act on it and thus gain respect. Choice of replacement (whilst important) is not the point I am making. Of course you would hope after two abject appointments we would get the next one right.

2. If L1 Bradford can attract high caliber for L1, it is surely not a stretch of the average imagination that PL Southampton could also attract high caliber for PL is it? Would you have said Puel or Pellegrino were high caliber when appointed?

Maybe you are happy with our current manager, and if so fine. I am not and the only point I am trying to make is that we can do something about it and do it where the board retain "some" respect, and there are better managers out there that will happily join us.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/15934005.Bantams__inundated__with_offers_to_be_next_manager/

"We have been inundated with applicants in the past 24 hours and have spoken to a number of high calibre individuals." and this for L1 Bradford

That last bit sounds exactly like the sort of PR crap saints would come out with...

I think it's kind of pointless to sack him now, not enough time for a new manager to turn it around. It should have been done at the beginning of January, and we got some targets in.

We have found a little bit of form and performances have been better, the players look like they are still playing for him IMO, it's basically he takes us down or he keeps us up then review it at the end of the season.

That last bit sounds exactly like the sort of PR crap saints would come out with...

Maybe so, but it's also the sort of PR crap that EVERY club would use. Let's face it, no club is going to say anything different.

"We've had interest from every Tom **** and Harry but they were all 'has beens' so we've decided to appoint the tea lady".

Our PR lines are pretty much standard stuff - nothing to beat the club about.

Les/Ralph, this is how it's done - you would have a lot more respect than you have currently:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5364729/Leeds-owner-calls-Thomas-Christiansen-appointment-mistake.html

Forum Golden Post Alert

No explanation required for why this is ****in ridiculous.

Bye Mo.

Do you really think that losing 2 nil to Liverpool is going to be the final nail in his coffin? Don't really add up does it when he's survived 1-4 against Leicester and 1-2 against Palace. They are actively going out of their way not to sack him so today ain't going to do it.

If he isn't binned in the next 48 hours then he is here until the end of the season, and it is highly likely we will be relegated.

Personally I don’t think he’s going anywhere, I don’t know the reasons why but I can guess it’s partly because we can’t attract anybody to take over the **** job that will be left,but if he’s going to go then now is the time to do it, forgetting the cup game, it will give the new man 2 weeks with the team.

We're not where we are because we lost to Liverpool, we're where we are because we haven't beaten Brighton, Huddersfield, Stoke, Palace, Burnley, Leicester.

The bloke should have gone in Dec, but as long as the club keep making money from fancy ingame adverts, then everything is fine I'd have thought.

Right - Solution to our woes

Bench the following for the next three games:-

Tadic, Cedric, Davis, Romeu, Hoedt,.

Start with Sims, Hesketh, McQueen and any other youngster who is on the edge of the 1st team.

At least with youngsters you will get players who want to aspire to the first team.

Currently we have a number of regulars who either aspire to keep their wages or go to a supposed 'bigger club'.