Pellegrino OUT

Batman

I'll maintain the quality of the squad isn't the problem. Burnley are 7th, how many of their players would you want in our squad? I think Southampton's is superior man for man in terms of individual quality... the difference is our manager isn't any good & it is costing us... big time!

I don't see Burnely's defence making constant mistakes like ours, and that's not down to the manager either, these are professional footballers who can't clear a ball properly, find a pass to a team mate under no pressure or put in a cross that actually finds its way into the box. The manager has many faults but when the players get on the pitch they should be able, as highly paid professionals, of performing the basics of football.

Just took a swipe at players for no-show in second half in his post match to BBC on 5-Live. Hmmm. That is ominous to go public. We all know who has the real power.

I heard that on the way home. He was right though questioning their character. They were a bunch of spineless w@nkers in that second half.

Think we’ve left it too late to change manager now, just have to hope Pellegrino can somehow get us enough points.

What about the situation is "too late"? Sack him tomorrow morning and any new manager has 2 weeks before the next league game, 1 point from safety, a reasoanble goal difference advantage over some rivals, a good squad of players compared to rivals and 11 games to do better than at least 3 other clubs.

Think we’ve left it too late to change manager now, just have to hope Pellegrino can somehow get us enough points.

Don’t confuse “we should have done it earlier” with “we’ve left it too late”.

This **** offers us nothing.

As i said on the previous page, it is nowhere near to being too late. All we need is for the Board to be bold and decisive (instead of old and divisive :scared:).

Approach Ancelotti/Van Gaal/Another big name.

Offer them 3 million upfront to manage us until the end of the season. Another 7 million if they keep us up. No thought of any longer term commitment.

Cup run not important. Sell it as a chance to scout the league if they decide to return with a bigger team next season.

Lift the fans, players and profile of the club. Show them we are a team to be noticed once again. Wash away the negativity in one stroke and put us back on a positive trajectory.

Make the fans the 12th man, while the board can focus immediately on identifying a long term manager to be appointed in the summer. The Big name manager here at present won't have to worry about his future, any transfers, or pressure from fans, as he merely has to coach the player, backed by an enormous bank of goodwill from the supporters.

And then stay up. If we fail we're finacially hit anyway so not exactly a lot to lose, and half the price of a Guido Carrillo!

I'll maintain the quality of the squad isn't the problem. Burnley are 7th, how many of their players would you want in our squad? I think Southampton's is superior man for man in terms of individual quality... the difference is our manager isn't any good & it is costing us... big time!

Watching it today and its this really.

It's pellegrino's application of his side which is the problem. We do have gaping issues, namely in the centre of our defence which just seems weak and our forwards, that just fail to be threatening in the slightest.

The major reason that I feel we are where we are is that every single time he puts a side out, it seems to be as if we were the away side. He sets up too safe, too predictable, too slow and without any players that can affect the game moving forward. He has spent 20m on a forward that he wanted to lead the line, who, from the albeit brief time he has been here has effectively failed to lead the line. We don't play off him, we don't get the ball to him, whats the point ? He works hard, but thats it.

Other than that he effectively has started fielding four defensive minded midfielders and tadic, and I am sorry, but as much as Tadic has real ability he is a complete and utter liability for a team that is in a relegation dog fight.

He has to go, its obvious the players aren't playing for him, he doesn't need to come out and say it, its been obvious that there is no belief there since before christmas.

Is it too late, more than likely, but the alternative is sleepwalking into relegation I'm afraid.

What about the situation is "too late"? Sack him tomorrow morning and any new manager has 2 weeks before the next league game, 1 point from safety, a reasoanble goal difference advantage over some rivals, a good squad of players compared to rivals and 11 games to do better than at least 3 other clubs.

I think that the club left it too late in the sense that they should have pulled the trigger after the Leicester game, and given a new manager time to improve performances leading into the Jan transfer window. We may have actually convinced some decent players to join us if our fortunes looked better under more competent leadership, and many incoming managers would prefer a chance to identify weaknesses in the squad and fix them via the transfer market. We missed that boat. At this stage in the season we’re an even less attractive option for managerial candidates.

I still think the situation can be salvaged, and relegation avoided if we replace Pellegrino with a competent manager so in that sense we’re not yet at the point of no return.

Rubbish. Hughes is rubbish and was awful as a player here too.
You haven't got a clue.

Hughes has finished top ten Premier League multiple times with multiple clubs.

Gordon Strachan has done it at one club once and has done pretty much jack sh it since, failed pathetically at Middlesbrough.

Even at International level Hughes succeeded where Strachan failed.

Strachan is a pygmy of a manager compared to Mark Hughes.

Mark Hughes is bang average, but he is miles ahead of our Gordon and definitely ahead of Pellegrino.

You haven't got a clue.

Hughes has finished top ten Premier League multiple times with multiple clubs.

Gordon Strachan has done it at one club once and has done pretty much jack sh it since, failed pathetically at Middlesbrough.

Even at International level Hughes succeeded where Strachan failed.

Strachan is a pygmy of a manager compared to Mark Hughes.

Mark Hughes is bang average, but he is miles ahead of our Gordon and definitely ahead of Pellegrino.

I’ve got much more of a clue than you’re ever have pal. Strachan would ignite the fans passion. Why’s it got to be Hughes?

He said: “We had to show more character in the second half.”

No ****, Pellegrino.

Oh ok, so he really TORE INTO them then. They’ll be scared to show their faces in training next week after that bollocking from this formidable rock of a manager!!!

I’ve got much more of a clue than you’re ever have pal. Strachan would ignite the fans passion.

Strachan has been out of club management for a long time!

- His last club job was 7 years ago... which he failed in

- His last top flight job in a major league was 14 years ago! (us)

Really wouldn't be a good idea to go back to him.

giphy.gif

I’ve got much more of a clue than you’re ever have pal. Strachan would ignite the fans passion. Why’s it got to be Hughes?
It doesn't have to be Hughes. Not my first choive by any means.

I'm just saying he's a far superior manager than Gordon Strachan who has failed and failed in his last couple of jobs.

Hughes is proven Premier League manager of this era. Strachan hasn't had a Prem job for more than a decade or looked remotely like getting one since he left us. For good reason.

I'd be more excited by the reanimated corpse of Alan Ball appearing at an managerial unveiling than Gordon Strachan turning up.

There will be plenty of fans who can barely remember Strachan's time here so fu ck knows you you think is going to be passionate about it.

Strachan would be OK as a short term option until the end of the season. Clearly not the long term answer.

Hughes would be an utterly dreadful appointment and it would more or less confirm our relegation.

I don't like him particularly but Marco Silva would keep us up.

So the leading forum apologist/cheerleader for Pellegrino is describing a manager who has finished top ten Premier League over and over again as "dreadful". Okay then.

Your Mauricio ain't ever going to achieve that. Not for one bloody club.

So the leading forum apologist/cheerleader for Pellegrino is describing a manager who has finished top ten Premier League over and over again as "dreadful". Okay then.

Wrong, I've wanted him out since the Leicester game.

I hate Hughes but he had Stoke 9th 3 years running.

He would also know whats needed when relegated to get us back up.

MOPE should have gone after Leicester Reed Wilson Kruegar doing whats best for them not club.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This is a joke post from you given you were one of the morons who called for Puel out. He finished 8th, a cup final that Hughes hasn’t managed at, faced a fifty game season, missed out on 30 goals from a sold Pelle and Mane and then had Austin and VVD out for half the season.

When will you wake up ad smell the coffee?

Hughes would not lift the club, too many times he has seemed a negative influence on the fan bases of clubs he has managed. He is so low in my opinion I would rather stick with what we have now!!

If we didnt sack MP after abysmal performances home to Leicester. Burnley, Huddersfield and Palace, we arent going to sack him after a defeat to Liverpool, regardless of how s**** that second half was. Hes here until the end of the season and we just need to hope we scrape enough points, not looking good though

Hughes would not lift the club, too many times he has seemed a negative influence on the fan bases of clubs he has managed. He is so low in my opinion I would rather stick with what we have now!!
We don't really need him to lift the club. We need to win about 4 games from 11.

That's a 36% win rate and his record shows he can deliver that without much bother.

We've still got a decent squad and we just need to find those wins.

I don't care if it is Hughes, there's others I'd prefer, I just want that idiot gone.

We don't really need him to lift the club. We need to win about 4 games from 11.

That's a 36% win rate and his record shows he can deliver that without much bother.

We've still got a decent squad and we just need to find those wins.

I don't care if it is Hughes, there's others I'd prefer, I just want that idiot gone.

fair comment. What is worrying is that the top people just seem totally inept to deal with this.

This is becoming farcical. Everyone wants him out, then we win v WBA and everyone goes quiet, now we lose (pathetically) v Liverpool and it all starts again, no wonder the Board are undecided. So are most fans.

He should have gone before Xmas. We need (ed) decisive leadership on and off the pitch, but at the moment the fanbase and the Board are pandering to the latest result with no long term concentration on the bigger picture.

You have got to be joking.

I am afraid I am 100% behind my nemesis CB Fry here, he is talking sense but Nick you are way out of touch

This is becoming farcical. Everyone wants him out, then we win v WBA and everyone goes quiet, now we lose (pathetically) v Liverpool and it all starts again, no wonder the Board are undecided. So are most fans.

He should have gone before Xmas. We need (ed) decisive leadership on and off the pitch, but at the moment the fanbase and the Board are pandering to the latest result with no long term concentration on the bigger picture.

Nope most said hooray, we win but MoPe still needs to go.

Pelligrino looks a maths teacher who's been forced to take the football team. Odd arm signals, clueless expression. Clearly out of his depth. He has to be replaced. So the talent in our squad can kick on, be motivated and give us fighting chance of staying up.

Like most on here I'd take just about anyone! We need the best organiser available to us. Be that Hughes or Silva or ???

You have got to be joking.

I am afraid I am 100% behind my nemesis CB Fry here, he is talking sense but Nick you are way out of touch

advocating Hughes and you say I’m out of touch lol. He’s a busted flush and has never been convincing. I doubt many clubs fans rue the day he left their club.