Pellegrino OUT

Batman

There's more chance of both Pardew & Alladyce being sacked than our clown getting the axe. 2 wins in 19 league games folks for those who still want to defend him

We basically set up for a draw from the beginning under our joke of a manager aiming for a nill nill, but remember "a draw is as good as a win" according to him

There's more chance of both Pardew & Alladyce being sacked than our clown getting the axe. 2 wins in 19 league games folks for those who still want to defend him
There is no plausible way to defend that record and I'm starting to think anyone who does has some affiliation with the club (on the payroll). I genuinely can't think of any other reason? I've not met anyone in person who wants him to stay? Pretty much any available options are an upgrade. Eriksen, Ince, Monk, Silva, Sol Campbell, Hiddink, Sherwood, Jaidi, Ted Bates, Howard the Duck, literally anyone. All more likely to keep us up than Muppet boy.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I think he’s probably dithered, there is no way of proving either way though of course - all we all do is speculate.

If he was thinking of sacking him, the papers would be full of “2 games to save his job” type of thing, or linking us with other names. There’s pretty much been nothing, which makes me come to the conclusion they’re steadfastly backing him. What is your rationale behind the belief Reed is dithering, apart from you don’t rate him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If he was thinking of sacking him, the papers would be full of “2 games to save his job” type of thing, or linking us with other names. There’s pretty much been nothing, which makes me come to the conclusion they’re steadfastly backing him. What is your rationale behind the belief Reed is dithering, apart from you don’t rate him.

There has been bits in the papers, plus some ITK on here reckoned they were looking for a new manager over a month an ago.

It is of course just speculation though, just like your theory of him not dithering.

Only managers on the scrap heap would be interested in the Saints job at this stage of the season. Thank's to Les' dithering we are left with a choice of two massive gambles - Stick with Pelligrino or take a punt on someone with a sh!t CV who has nothing to lose.

Replacement options have been slim all year to be fair.

Look at those who have been brought in - Allardyce, Pardew, Moyes, Hodgson, and Lambert, five bang average British managers who come with a lot of baggage and none of whom have been that successful and this place would have gone into meltdown if appointed.

Javi Garcia, who was managing Ruben Kazan pretty averagely last year,

Puel, who we'd already sacked,

Carvahal, who IMO is one of the better appointments because he'd done a decent job with Sheff Wed and had terrible luck with injuries when he got sacked.

The other options really being Silva, who has had his reputation burned a little with his falling out with Watford over wanting to leave and then the rpaid decline in Watford's form, or taking a risk on someone from the Championship, trying to prise someone like Howe or Dyche away from their clubs or some other left field European appointment.

Slim pickings.

Even if we stay up and then sack him, I have no idea who we are going to get in the summer because no hot prospect European coach is going to come to us.

Edited by tajjuk

Even if we stay up and then sack him, I have no idea who we are going to get in the summer because no hot prospect European coach is going to come to us.

Why not? :?

The Premier League is a very attractive pull for managers, Saints have a good but mismanaged squad, a very healthy wage & transfer budget in European football terms and can offer any manager a large wage.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Considering the resources we have, where we were when he took over and the league we are in I can’t see any argument against him being our worst ever manager. He is certainly the worst in my lifetime supporting Saints.

Our refusal to sack him is utterly insane but I’m sort of resigned to him staying now and taking us down. It now seems almost wilful inaction by the board. We deserve to go down really. Our smug, arrogant board have let the fans down big time, they should truly be ashamed of themselves.

Please fck just sack the coward now. I really want to at least have some premier league games left to attack, have some hope in. Not the abject predictability of more draws and losses and bewildering selections.

Never wanted a manager gone so much in my life.

THIS.

We have given him a fair crack and it’s just not happening.

I stayed behind to have a word with Pellegrino afterwards and I was surprised to see him in tears.

I asked him why and his reply was.

What do I need to do for the sack?

I put my mate up front who is crap, Tradic and Redmond so we dont win games but Reed still won’t sack me for a good pay off.

Then he walked off!!!

Not convinced that's true. Maybe they've just been that complacent and thought it would turn around. While I'd hate to get hope up, with this squad, a decent manager could still keep us up.

It's 99.9% too late.

I still think that a competent manager could keep us up. I just don’t think that Les will pull the trigger. It’s very frustrating.

I still think that a competent manager could keep us up. I just don’t think that Les will pull the trigger. It’s very frustrating.

I find it equally staggering that Gao, or Ralph, don't pull the trigger on Les.

But I know it won't happen.

Managers live and die by their results...it's a simple equation. We've won a single league game in the last 15 and our home form is worse than our relegation season. All the teams above us have won at least 2 more games than us. Truly staggering that he's still here, should've been put out of his misery a long time ago.

Im not even convinced that if we just stay up that they will sack him in the summer - I think they will give him a chance into next season

I think you’re right. If I was a betting man I’d say he’d stay. I’m not even totally convinced he’d be gone if we went down. 80/20 for him going, but not 100% convinced

So the rumours at the time were that he was gone if we didn't beat WBA.

I wonder what position we would be in now if we failed to win that and he got the boot...

If we ended up losing the WBA away game, I’m sure the club would have come up with a reason not to fire him. They would have pointed to the team playing better, training well, and the players liking Pellegrino. If these excuses seemed unreasonable, they could have blamed it on the negative impact of the VVD situation on squad cohesiveness again. In other words it would have been more of the same.

We’re stuck with him. If we scrape a few wins in the run in and somehow survive relegation, I can see the club pointing to those wins as a sign of improvement and sticking with him for next season as well.

Im not even convinced that if we just stay up that they will sack him in the summer - I think they will give him a chance into next season

They might wonder why the season ticket sales fall through the floor if that’s the case.

Not sure I can stand another season of this ****. After 40 years of holding a season ticket this clown may have killed my enthusiasm stone dead.

So if we win the Fa cup and get relegated do we sack him or not ?

That's like saying if you give lots of money to charity but you murdered someone, should you still go to prison.

If Pellegrino avoided relegation AND won the Cup, then flew over Pompey the next day and napalmed the place, I'd still want him sacked.

Gao must be some sort of thick idiot to idly stand by and do nothing while his club struggles for no good reason.

Les, Kat and Ralph are obviously pulling his chain and he's falling for it hook, line and sinker.

Or maybe the other way round. i am sure sacking the manager would require approval from the board, and i am sure gao has some input in this.

That's like saying if you give lots of money to charity but you murdered someone, should you still go to prison .

Yeah, great analogy. Getting relegated is just like that, us supporters will feel just like victims families when we go down.

We won’t win the cup, but to do so we’ll probably have to beat 2 of the top 5. If he does that and delivers the second major trophy in our history I hope our supporters will show more class than you’re clearly going to.

I bet you wanted Lawrie out in ‘76 for failing to get us promoted