Pellegrino OUT

Batman

Get rid ASAP.

he is not going to change his style or tactics. Which clearly aren't working.

Turgid, negative, easy to read football, is not what we are about. Outside the penalty, that is another home game with one shot on target.

Act now.

Call it bed wetting I'm calling it being realistic this manager is a clown. Some serious changes also need tyo be made to coaching, tactics and players. Time to sell the deadwood, bring in a passionate manager and some players who want to wear the shirt.

Redmond

Van D

Boufal

Austin

I'd sell the lot and rebuild...... They are toilet!

I'd build the team around Boufal

Here, ****ing, here

Thirded. Reed lapped up the limelight when things were going well - and was a bit ungracious towards Ronald, even though I'm not a fan of the latter especially. Funnily enough with the doo doo hitting the fan, it's all gone quiet over there.

Time to turn our ire on Les and keep it there.

Gao could get a quick win with the fans and bring in a new Head of Transfers - Les would probably walk and save a pay off. That's assuming Gao has an interest of course.

Get rid ASAP.

he is not going to change his style or tactics. Which clearly aren't working.

Turgid, negative, easy to read football, is not what we are about. Outside the penalty, that is another home game with one shot on target.

Act now.

/

We were very lucky with Newcastle giving a stupid penalty away when we weren't going to score in a month of Sundays but after Gabi converted the penalty nicely, you'd expect a barrage on the Newcastle goal wouldn't you? Instead, apart from Elliott's lucky flap at Ryan's cross, about the only time the lazy toe rag overlapped all game, we gave their keeper nothing to do. In fact, Davis's smart clearance off the line is the only reason we even got a point.

Pellegrino out. Reed out. Wilson out. Eric out. Watson out.

Missed a trick not getting Silva when he was available. He is more of the high press style we had under pochettino than Pellegrino is, however it's still the same players from last season apart from Lemina who looks the best player we have by far!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We have to stick with our manager. If we stay up, then it will have been a successful season all things considered.

so sticking with the current manager and staying in the prem is the order of the day and a success to boot for the season........................NO.Come on how many fans on here would like Big Sam now we are struggling? and just to think how fickle we all are about his style of football,so would we welcome such a dinosaur at our club now?

Where do people believe we should be as a team based on our catchment area, size and status.

When I read threads like this I realise that it is not just a lot of the modern players I am disillusioned with but also many of today's so called supporters.

We sacked a manager for finishing eighth.

Therefore the club do not believe that eighth is good enough - in that context it is a perfectly reasonable assumption to make that the man appointed to replace the manager who was sacked for finishing eighth would be expected to deliver a better outcome. The fact that it looks like we have gone horrifically backwards suggests that something has gone badly wrong.

Don't forget the cup final too

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You can mock, but I can't name too many other managers who have got us to a cup final in my time of supporting Saints.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

never know (highly unlikely). Benitez stuck with newcastle in the championship....
Well, we will need a high profile European manager with just enough vague plausibility to get everyone excited (Emery, Tuchel) before we don't appoint them and snap up a middling no-mark who just so happens to be unemployed. It's worked for two summers so why break it?

So let's all pretend it's going to be Ancellotti before we end up recruiting some 38 year old with nice hair whose had two good seasons in Belgium but resigned in September.

Bring it on.

Still doesn't answer the question why would he leave Burnley were he has cult status and doing really well to manage us? where is the attraction in saints?

Like people struggling to fathom why Poch left for Spurs cos they genuinely think we were a better proposition. We are in much better shape than Burnley.

I'm not really one for wanting managers sacked without being given a fair crack, but have to admit MP is looking horrifically out of his depth and as others have said, worryingly there is no sign of improvement. The fact that some are pining for Puel shows how bad it is.

My main concern is who to get in if we did sack him as there's hardly an abundance of inspiring names out there who would be willing to come here. I would give him a few more games but if we are still plodding along in the same way with the same stubborn team selections then it probably becomes time to act.

Pellegrino is completely out of his depth here IMO. How on earth was he deemed the most suitable candidate to replace Puel? Reed needs to go as well, he's let the Pochettino appointment go to his head and is now looking for the next one. Our downward spiral started when we employed Puel at the expense of a host of better options when we had just finished sixth and were in the Europa group stage. Although I'm convinced we will go nowhere with Pellegrino I'm not even sure who we could get to improve things.

The point today was earned by the individual skill of Gabbiadini rather than anything MP did to influence proceedings. It's alarming how much worse we look with him over Puel.

Like people struggling to fathom why Poch left for Spurs cos they genuinely think we were a better proposition. We are in much better shape than Burnley.

We have a new owner that no one knows **** all about, a bunch of players who seem to be well on the way to driving out their second manager in as many seasons and a system where someone else picks the players for the manager and then leaves him to try shoehorn them into his favoured system. From Dyches point of view I reckon "better the devil you know" would have a strong attraction especially given how well Burnley are doing.

Bunch of foot stamping children.

What have you seen from Pelligrino that suggests he is the way forward? His selection, his tactics, his formation, his subs?....what? It just isn't working, it's not close to working (Don't make me dig up the stats - they are out there and awful.....worse than awful). I am not typically one for rip and replace, but this guy is out of his depth, and nothing is going to change. Not helped by what looks like Van Dyke and Bertrand, seem to be passengers, but this is the single most uninspiring, lackluster, negative, turgid, pile of sh!te I've ever seen. What compounds this, is the actual squad is pretty decent and the starting eleven looks top half to me....... we don't look close to that and will be in serious trouble if we keep doing what we are doing.............. What's foot stamping childish about that?

What have you seen from Pelligrino that suggests he is the way forward? His selection, his tactics, his formation, his subs?....what? It just isn't working, it's not close to working (Don't make me dig up the stats - they are out there and awful.....worse than awful). I am not typically one for rip and replace, but this guy is out of his depth, and nothing is going to change. Not helped by what looks like Van Dyke and Bertrand, seem to be passengers, but this is the single most uninspiring, lackluster, negative, turgid, pile of sh!te I've ever seen. What compounds this, is the actual squad is pretty decent and the starting eleven looks top half to me....... we don't look close to that and will be in serious trouble if we keep doing what we are doing.............. What's foot stamping childish about that?

This is completely right. Carry on as we are and we will be in the relegation scrap for certain. We still can't really score (individual brilliance from Gabbi and lucky penalties won't happen every week) and we are conceding stupid goals against teams that have awful attacks (here's looking at you Newcastle and Stoke). Feels very 2004/5 to me. Not foot stamping to see that it is not and will not work with MP. Get rid or its a struggle to survive for me.

I wonder if Mr. Gao is considering paying Villas-Boas a visit. The Chinese season is almost over (I think).

I think we missed the boat on that one. We might have had a slim chance of landing him in the summer of 2016 but we are a much less attractive proposition now and he has an £11m a year contract. Would he really want to slash his wages by more than half to takeover a struggling Premier League team without the prospect of European football?

TBF that was mainly down to Levy’s trigger happy approach to managers and the fact that had he been midtable in November of his first season, he’d likely have had the chop. He could quite easily have become the next AVB, Jol or Ramos.

Pellegrino is completely out of his depth here IMO. How on earth was he deemed the most suitable candidate to replace Puel? Reed needs to go as well, he's let the Pochettino appointment go to his head and is now looking for the next one. Our downward spiral started when we employed Puel at the expense of a host of better options when we had just finished sixth and were in the Europa group stage. Although I'm convinced we will go nowhere with Pellegrino I'm not even sure who we could get to improve things.

The point today was earned by the individual skill of Gabbiadini rather than anything MP did to influence proceedings. It's alarming how much worse we look with him over Puel.

... Reed sold Mane, Pelle and Big Vic without adequately replacing them.

... Reed sold Mane, Pelle and Big Vic without adequately replacing them.

Absolutely but at least when Poch left we appointed a big name manager who was well respected and used his influence to help us acquire players of a significantly higher quality than we've recruited recently. We could have kicked on from our strongest ever position by appointing a high profile replacement for RK but unfortunately, to the watching world, we lost our most successful manager to a team that finished below us by some distance and then subsequently to appoint a manager that almost noone had heard of and who the players (allegedly) took an almost instant dislike to. Given some of the managers on the market during the summer of 2016 we clearly made the wrong choice and its looking like we've done it again with MP. Reed should, IMO, stop looking for the next Poch and appoint the best man for the job. I'd like to speak to someone at the club to work out how it was concluded that, following an "extensive" interview process it was determined that MP was the right man for the job. His record at Alaves for example didn't exactly scream that he'd sort out our goal scoring issues and he's only served to make us worse defensively.