Pellegrino OUT

Batman

The way Puel has got Leicester playing suggests that the issue is also one of personnel. I want MP gone ASAP but some of the players are not fit to wear the shirt.
Leicester have Vardy Mahrez Gray Okazaki Slimani . You are right though in the second bit but it's not their fault blame the coaches and managers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

All those rushing to create a revisionist narrative of Puel’s disastrous tenure by citing how well he’s doing at the Foxes should wait at least 10 games, and more sensibly until the end of the season before delivering a verdict.

Pellegrino is simply delivering the coup de grace to this awful Saints team that the dead hand of Puel created.

All those rushing to create a revisionist narrative of Puel’s disastrous tenure by citing how well he’s doing at the Foxes should wait at least 10 games, and more sensibly until the end of the season before delivering a verdict.

Pellegrino is simply delivering the coup de grace to this awful Saints team that the dead hand of Puel created.

I agree with this... Leicester bounced last time they had a new manager too... They have some real quality players.

Not sure how Puel will work out.i don't wish him any bad luck..I don't dislike the bloke just don't think he was suited to us.

Pulis. Their owners will act. Ours won't. Even if we lose to Everton he won't go.

Maybe when Puel comes here and wins, Les Reed will decide to act.

Les will act, he will fire MP and hire Pulis.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Rumours! rumours! it is whispered that he will be gone tomorrow. We will see. These are UK based rumours, not Aussie ones ;)

Creditable source? I for one hope the board act swiftly because the manager is out of his depth no question.

I hate to see managers axed and was all for giving MP a fair crack of the whip. However the following reasons have now made my mind up - he has to go:

* reluctance to play 2 upfront. Has been painfully obvious for weeks that we needed to get more support up to Gabbi/Long/Austin but that hasn't happened. Gabbi is a class player we all know that and will score goals but he needs the service!!! Why was Austin not given a chance yesterday after scoring a Hat trick behind closed doors - absoultey baffling.

* One thing Puel did was give youth a chance. He did that very Well, not under this manager. Jack Stephens had been playing quality at the start of this season and then all of sudden dropped completely from the squad. Feel sorry for him. McQueen weren't on the bench yesterday despite being a regular this season in the squad. Prowsey only getting 5 or so minutes here and there. And he's our best set piece deliverer.

* were promised high pressing and exciting brand of football when MP was appointed. Hardly seen any evidence of that so far this season. Has been dull to watch a lot of the time.

* Inability to change formation when it is clear that we should be going with 3 centre backs and two up the front. He said after the Wolves Cup game that He would use this formation more but we haven't seen that once!

There's a lot of things at the moment that need to be sorted but it would be nice if we had a message of some kind from the board. What their intentions are, hopefully we will hear from Mr Gao again very soon.

Massive game next Sunday and we need 3 points!! COYR

Creditable source? I for one hope the board act swiftly because the manager is out of his depth no question.

I hate to see managers axed and was all for giving MP a fair crack of the whip. However the following reasons have now made my mind up - he has to go:

* reluctance to play 2 upfront. Has been painfully obvious for weeks that we needed to get more support up to Gabbi/Long/Austin but that hasn't happened. Gabbi is a class player we all know that and will score goals but he needs the service!!! Why was Austin not given a chance yesterday after scoring a Hat trick behind closed doors - absoultey baffling.

* One thing Puel did was give youth a chance. He did that very Well, not under this manager. Jack Stephens had been playing quality at the start of this season and then all of sudden dropped completely from the squad. Feel sorry for him. McQueen weren't on the bench yesterday despite being a regular this season in the squad. Prowsey only getting 5 or so minutes here and there. And he's our best set piece deliverer.

* were promised high pressing and exciting brand of football when MP was appointed. Hardly seen any evidence of that so far this season. Has been dull to watch a lot of the time.

* Inability to change formation when it is clear that we should be going with 3 centre backs and two up the front. He said after the Wolves Cup game that He would use this formation more but we haven't seen that once!

There's a lot of things at the moment that need to be sorted but it would be nice if we had a message of some kind from the board. What their intentions are, hopefully we will hear from Mr Gao again very soon.

Massive game next Sunday and we need 3 points!! COYR

Why does playing Austin mean Gabbi will get more service, especially if it means taking off one of our more creative players?

Rumours! rumours! it is whispered that he will be gone tomorrow. We will see. These are UK based rumours, not Aussie ones ;)

Here's hoping! LeG posted after the Burnley debacle that the club was not a happy place and Romeu's comments in the Echo were well put but coded so the fans could easily read between the lines.

Really important that Gao takes the choice away from Reed - he cannot be trusted after Puel and MP.

That's some really serious revisionism there.

Here's hoping! LeG posted after the Burnley debacle that the club was not a happy place and Romeu's comments in the Echo were well put but coded so the fans could easily read between the lines.

Really important that Gao takes the choice away from Reed - he cannot be trusted after Puel and MP.

Unless Gao is a double-agent and appoints Guy Whittingham.

Unless Saints fans make their views public, there will be no pressure felt from our direction. While I can't speak for the Gao's, I know the the previous regime were terrified of negative views making it into the traditional media or social network trends, and were relatively happy that the questions about the club were 'quarantined' on this site.

Of course, in order to have an impact, fans would have to decide upon a time and date where they would make their feelings known, and at a time when they would have a large audience hungry for content and 'drama'. Say 6pm on a Monday on twitter, when most people are logging on looking for a distraction after the first day back at work. It would not take much at that time to make twitters top ten trending list, which in turn would draw in more people to a catchy hashtag, say for instance[h=3]#Pe​llegrinoMustGo[/h]And if fans posted in concert between 6-7pm, there would be little that Southampton FC could do to hide the levels of dissatisfaction people have with the current staffing arrangements. Especially if specific names like Black, Watson were also included, and fans didn't resort to any kind of personal remarks (as saints would immediately spin it as online abuse and harassment by trolls).

Unless Saints fans make their views public, there will be no pressure felt from our direction. While I can't speak for the Gao's, I know the the previous regime were terrified of negative views making it into the traditional media or social network trends, and were relatively happy that the questions about the club were 'quarantined' on this site.

Of course, in order to have an impact, fans would have to decide upon a time and date where they would make their feelings known, and at a time when they would have a large audience hungry for content and 'drama'. Say 6pm on a Monday on twitter, when most people are logging on looking for a distraction after the first day back at work. It would not take much at that time to make twitters top ten trending list, which in turn would draw in more people to a catchy hashtag, say for instance#Pe​llegrinoMustGo

And if fans posted in concert between 6-7pm, there would be little that Southampton FC could do to hide the levels of dissatisfaction people have with the current staffing arrangements. Especially if specific names like Black, Watson were also included, and fans didn't resort to any kind of personal remarks (as saints would immediately spin it as online abuse and harassment by trolls).

For an example of how quickly this could spread, if 10 people tweeted their thoughts using the hashtag #Pe​llegrinoMustGo Between 6and 7pm, and then retweeted the 9 other posters views that had used the same hashtag, you would go from 10 tweets to a hundred in a matter of minutes.

For an example of how quickly this could spread, if 10 people tweeted their thoughts using the hashtag #Pe​llegrinoMustGo Between 6and 7pm, and then retweeted the 9 other posters views that had used the same hashtag, you would go from 10 tweets to a hundred in a matter of minutes.

id do my bit tomorrow if others were in

Of course, in order to have an impact, fans would have to decide upon a time and date where they would make their feelings known, and at a time when they would have a large audience hungry for content and 'drama'. Say 6pm on a Monday on twitter, when most people are logging on looking for a distraction after the first day back at work. It would not take much at that time to make twitters top ten trending list, which in turn would draw in more people to a catchy hashtag, say for instance[h=3]#Pe​llegrinoMustGo[/h]And if fans posted in concert between 6-7pm, there would be little that Southampton FC could do to hide the levels of dissatisfaction people have with the current staffing arrangements. Especially if specific names like Black, Watson were also included, and fans didn't resort to any kind of personal remarks (as saints would immediately spin it as online abuse and harassment by trolls).

I might be barking up the wrong tree, but do you know why Gareth Rogers left the club?

Was told Tuchel turned us down after fairly in depth talks.

Don’t know if it’s true but my source is good so will tell you anyway, have been told Pellegrino has been summoned to a board meeting tomorrow.

Have also been told Virgil will not leave until end of the season.

Don’t know if it’s true but my source is good so will tell you anyway, have been told Pellegrino has been summoned to a board meeting tomorrow.

hope its to give him the shove

Tuchel recently? Or are you talking about last summer?

Hopefully tomorrow’s board meeting is to discuss his compensation package before putting him out of his misery. Hopefully they have their replacement lined up instead of keeping Black on as caretaker manager.

Based on the slow decision making leading up to the firing of Puel, I think Pellegrino will still be the manager for the Everton match.

In the next live game we need to all get a white hanky and wave it booing like the Spanish do when they are unhappy with the manager and need a change...if its on TV with the pundits and commentators talking about it, it will be so embarrassing for the club they will have to do something.

I am also of the view that MP has to go. The problems stem back to last season when Puel came in, made worse by not replacing him with someone better.

However, I think that we need to have a replacement lined up before getting rid of MP. Otherwise we will drift even more. The way that Pochettino was brought in to replace NA was brutal, but the right decision. NA was a thoroughly decent man who probably didnt deserve it, but for the club it was right.

Has anyone heard any whispers of us making approaches for anyone? Apart from anything, who will take charge if MP goes and we are looking for a replacement?

Indeed Tuchel did have a couple of meetings but for some reason he changed his mind and said he was not interested.

No idea why?

Pellegrino was a panic option after fears that Palace wanted him so Reed had to make a quick decision.

I fear Reed has a too bigger say in things and wants trusting people around him with the likes of Black, Watson , Kruger and his side kick name escapes me ?!?

Nothing will change if Pellegrino goes as we need a shake up and Gao knows no football people do that.

Indeed Tuchel did have a couple of meetings but for some reason he changed his mind and said he was not interested.

No idea why?

Pellegrino was a panic option after fears that Palace wanted him so Reed had to make a quick decision.

I fear Reed has a too bigger say in things and wants trusting people around him with the likes of Black, Watson , Kruger and his side kick name escapes me ?!?

Nothing will change if Pellegrino goes as we need a shake up and Gao knows no football people do that.

Was saying all summer that this was the case and from what I understand the issue was budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was saying all summer that this was the case and from what I understand the issue was budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I don't understand is that if the delay in sacking Puel was due to us scoping out Tuchel then why did we continue to sack Puel knowing that our first choice replacement had turned us down? It's hard to believe anyone at SFC actually thought Pell was qualified to do a better job than Puel (he has no track record of anything other than a carbon copy of our season last year) so why didn't we just stick with what we had?

Whilst I commend the club for being ambitious in trying to bring in the standout available candidate it is frustrating that we've ended up with someone so utterly incompetent as the second prize. If we'd have been a little more realistic we'd have appointed Silva (but, then again, we'd have rolled over and he'd be at Everton in any event so probably doesn't really matter other than the fact we'd have more points on the board).

Who could we get? To replace AVB, Ranieri. Van gaal, Mancini, Pellgrini

Or will it be good if up top Allardyce

If Big Sam wanted the job to the end of the season to guarantee our survival I'd take that and rebuild in the summer. Longer term I'd like AVB (I wanted him when RK left) but my feeling is that he's too big a gamble at this stage given our position. Could see us turning to AVB though, especially given his ties to the Chinese league.

Also another sign the Pellegrino announcement was rushed is the fact we never had a press conference for a week.

Reed panicked after losing his first option and I reckon another option before going with Pellegrino.

What a ****ing mess and he needs gone too IMHO.

Yep, Pellegrino was definitely down the list. A big balls up by the club.

I want AVB but doubt that will happen.

Koeman back?

The Everton job situation shows us that attracting a ‘big’ name Manager isn’t easy at this point in the season or for us now, any point in the season.

If there is a meeting tomorrow then Pellegrino should have to take Black and Watson into the Boardroom as well. Hopefully there will be a triple firing. It's overdue.

They need to take a suitcase and then get into a black limo. Maybe a line or two about what might have been.

This is true... The club sacked Puel thinking that they had Tuchel in the bag.

As it happened he changed his mind (I don't personally know why but as ericb has said, it was probably down to budget.... I suspect he also caught wind that he may be inline for a bigger job sooner rather than later if he sits it out and waits), we put all our eggs in the Tuchel basket, which is why we turned down Silva as he also had talks, and ended up with Pellegrino as there was nothing better at the time (we couldn't hold on any longer as he would have gone to Palace).

This is true... The club sacked Puel thinking that they had Tuchel in the bag.

As it happened he changed his mind (I don't personally know why but as ericb has said, it was probably down to budget.... I suspect he also caught wind that he may be inline for a bigger job sooner rather than later if he sits it out and waits), we put all our eggs in the Tuchel basket, which is why we turned down Silva as he also had talks, and ended up with Pellegrino as there was nothing better at the time (we couldn't hold on any longer as he would have gone to Palace).

Wonder if we've gone back to Tuchel recently?

He hasn't picked up another job and there don't seem to be many PL ones in the offing.