Pellegrino OUT

Batman

True - but eminently avoidable. Pellegrino's track record showed NOTHING in his past to justify anyone thinking he would be forward thinking and attacking. IN fact, the total opposite.

IT has been clear since the Wolves game at the start of the season that he is miles out of his depth. IT is pretty unanimous amongst pundits, fans, pretty much everyone that he is hopeless.

It;s now too late, IMO, for his firing to make any difference. Should have been fired months ago

Except Soggy, of course, who was still defiantly peddling his Fergie/McMenemy line a couple of weeks back :lol:

I think he's now even embarrassed by his own line of argument - hence he's dribbling about Mystic Meg or something.

I really can’t believe that if we lose to Wigan the board would not act. As things stand, as bizzare as it seems we could stay up and qualify for Europe. This time next week we could be in the bottom 3 and out of the cup. Surely his job would be all but intenable

Its always next week....

He's run out of chances and is clearly an absolute liability. He has to go now.

Edited by Wade Garrett

We must be too broke to afford the compensation. It’s the only reason I can think of. Cash flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can think of approximately £19m that would have been better spent in terminating MP's contract.

I've developed a hatred for Pellegrino, I can no longer listen or read anything he says; yet he's clearly not a detestable person. It's just his ineptitude and its effect on SFC. If he isn't immediately replaced I'll have loathing left over for Reed and Kreuger too!

I've developed a hatred for Pellegrino, I can no longer listen or read anything he says; yet he's clearly not a detestable person. It's just his ineptitude and its effect on SFC. If he isn't immediately replaced I'll have loathing left over for Reed and Kreuger too!

I still don’t loathe him, but I certainly loathe what he’s doing to the club.

He’s not going anywhere is he. It’s been plain to see since about November that this bloke is completely out of his depth but here we are having the same conversation every week. Surely the board have known for weeks that it’s not working but there’s some other mysterious reason for keeping him there.

We’re not even limping on any more, we’re barely crawling.

We are going down without a whimper, much in the drab demeanour of our manager.

We're not even spoken about, not even by the man on the street.

No one cares, no one's bothered anywhere but Saints fans. Not even the people that run the club give a sh*t.

We're in big trouble for the next few years.

Yeah it's got too bad now. We've been on the cusp of too late for so long now, but we're here. New manager and win the next game or we're done sadly.

If they don't sack him after the result and performance at Newcastle, they simply won't sack him.

Setting myself up for a fall here, but imho they're now in too deep to sack him before the season ends. He won't be sacked until then.

Setting myself up for a fall here, but imho they're now in too deep to sack him before the season ends. He won't be sacked until then.

Unfortunately feel this is probably the case, if so they've nailed their colours to the mast and if the ship sinks, so do they!

Perhaps this will help Les and the Board to wake up, but I doubt it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/03/11/southamptons-players-looked-complacent-arrogant-disinterested/

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

doesnt read well does it. The only thing he hasn’t mentioned is that attitude seems to reach as high up the ladder as Reed, Kruger and Gao. And as custodians of the club that is even more shameful.

Pretty sure you're right. In a bizarre way, if they sack him now, it'll only be a sign of panic and indecision as they have obviously set out their stall to stick with him.

Lose lose situation for them. The time for action was November and they chose the wrong action. Huge example of arrogance and complacency.

He’s not going anywhere is he. It’s been plain to see since about November that this bloke is completely out of his depth but here we are having the same conversation every week. Surely the board have known for weeks that it’s not working but there’s some other mysterious reason for keeping him there.

We’re not even limping on any more, we’re barely crawling.

Yes, but what the feck is the mysterious reason for keeping him? His dismissal has been the plainest, most logical decision to make since Leicester at home.

Pretty sure you're right. In a bizarre way, if they sack him now, it'll only be a sign of panic and indecision as they have obviously set out their stall to stick with him.

Lose lose situation for them. The time for action was November and they chose the wrong action. Huge example of arrogance and complacency.

Their reputations should no longer matter. Our only chance of survival- however slim- is making a change and hoping it works out.

The most worrying thing about that is that he’ll still be here at the end of the season. Throw in a World Cup when all the decent replacements will be out in Russia and possibly some of the players too and we won’t be prepared for next season.

At the end of the season I can just hear "In fairness we gave Pelligrino a whole season just as we did Puel but unfortunately things have not worked out, we will now take this opportunity to rebuild and do our utmost to return to the premiership as soon as possible".

Players will leave (Not a bad thing, they are partly responsible), Pelligrino will be sacked (Partly responsible), Board will stay on (Partly responsible but immune from any consequences.

Perhaps this will help Les and the Board to wake up, but I doubt it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/03/11/southamptons-players-looked-complacent-arrogant-disinterested/

I think when we look back on this period in a few years, that article will be one of the most memorable things. It sums up our entire season, why we are very likely to go down and how arrogance and ineptitude has prevented us from stopping something that could have been so easily prevented. A total shambles and a disgrace. I'm not sure I have ever seen a situation so badly managed in all my years supporting this team. I'd rather have Lowe...

Jesus. Was hoping he’d have been axed. Today was the last day that would make any sense. Not that this club makes any sense. Unless they are waiting on the Wigan result. Madness. It should have been like a marriage annulment when he lost that cup match to Wolves.

I wake up to discover our family cat has wiped her rear-end from one end of our main floor to the other, and left a large deposit at the top of the stairs. Then I discover that Mauricio ****ing Pellegrino has not been fired yet as manager of Saints.

I am significantly less annoyed about the cat ****.

I wake up to discover our family cat has wiped her rear-end from one end of our main floor to the other, and left a large deposit at the top of the stairs. Then I discover that Mauricio ****ing Pellegrino has not been fired yet as manager of Saints.

I am significantly less annoyed about the cat ****.

Maybe the cat could manage Saints?

Could indeed be the case. Just like West Brom. They have probably tested the waters and found the response to be 'too late to save.' Hence Pardew is still there. He said he would ask "upstairs" what they want to do next, but he will be told "just do your best til the end of the season." We could similarly be approaching Death Row.

Yep.

I am shocked looking back at how most fans just shrugged their shoulders at that result.

The 0-4 home defeat to Augsburg in pre season started alarm bells, the Wolves cup debacle confirmed it, someone I know put £25 on us to go down then and stands to do very well if we do.

Could indeed be the case. Just like West Brom. They have probably tested the waters and found the response to be 'too late to save.' Hence Pardew is still there. He said he would ask "upstairs" what they want to do next, but he will be told "just do your best til the end of the season." We could similarly be approaching Death Row.

That would be ridiculous in our case though. We are currently outside the relegation zone! Surely any manager with a bit of self-belief would fancy his chances of steering our squad to safety? A manager could take up an offer of a big survival bonus, knowing that "the damage had already been done to team spirit" is always a viable excuse if they don't succeed.