Pellegrino OUT

Batman

In an ideal world I wouldn't particularly want Mark Hughes either. But I'd feel a lot more confident for the rest of the season with Hughes in charge... than Pellegrino.

Hughes does not inspire me at all. He may be better than Pellegrino, though. Not that it’s much of an achievement.

Silva is a better option, even if only for the remainder of the season. We’ll do well, probably survive relegation and he’ll market himself to bigger teams.

As I posted in the post match thread...

Well I'm now convinced he has to go. There is definitely a decent style of play in there somewhere for pellegrino - but every time it starts to shine through this season he completely ****s it up by reverting to the safe and defensive style.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Hughes does not inspire me at all. He may be better than Pellegrino, though. Not that it’s much of an achievement.

Silva is a better option, even if only for the remainder of the season. We’ll do well, probably survive relegation and he’ll market himself to bigger teams.

Hughes / Bilic / Silva would ALL do a better job than MP.

I'm convinced of it.

I agree, to an extent, but I hardly think the manager told them to just give up like that. The second goal went in and that was it as far as they were concerned.

So at half time you get the hairdryer out and send them out for the second half like the hounds of hell are after them.

I agree, to an extent, but I hardly think the manager told them to just give up like that. The second goal went in and that was it as far as they were concerned.
Why remove your one threat JWP ? Can you explain why Tadic stayed on for 90 minutes? Carillo had no-one within 20 yards of him why? That is a managers tactics.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Why remove your one threat JWP ? Can you explain why Tadic stayed on for 90 minutes? Carillo had no-one within 20 yards of him why? That is a managers tactics.

Agree with all of this. Felt sorry for Carrillo today, always had two oppostion players around him with little support. JWP should never have been taken off.

With Carilllo I find it hard to really criticise him, as it's like we've bought a lamp shade without the bulb. We got it half right, but he needed pace and life around him to be effective. Thus we didn't, so he will look like a bit of an oaf. Congratulations to the recruitment morons. I could have done a better job.

With Carilllo I find it hard to really criticise him, as it's like we've bought a lamp shade without the bulb. We got it half right, but he needed pace and life around him to be effective. Thus we didn't, so he will look like a bit of an oaf. Congratulations to the recruitment morons. I could have done a better job.

Still very early days, but he offered very little, didn't win much in the air, hold the ball up or link play

Do you really think that losing 2 nil to Liverpool is going to be the final nail in his coffin? Don't really add up does it when he's survived 1-4 against Leicester and 1-2 against Palace. They are actively going out of their way not to sack him so today ain't going to do it.

Yes. It’s not the result, it’s the performance.

Puel ended up 8th and a Wembley trip, but it was the turgid manner that did for him. We have a window before the next League game and a free hit of a cup game to get a new manager in.

So yes, if there was ever a time to push the button - it’s now.

If Saints are relegated then it isn't face saving, face saving would be to realise Pellegrino is costing us big time and sack him!

I don't disagree but Les and Ralph have painted themselves into a corner. They either sack him and admit he was an awful appointment or don't and we get relegated. Their arrogance suggests they will risk sticking with the idiot.

Edited by Katalinic

Exactly. He will need less of a bedding in period. I have a feeling that with a bit of fire and organisation we would see a huge improvement. We have a weaker squad than previous years but also a hugely weaker manager.
only a whopper would rather keep Pellegrino over Hughes

As I posted in the post match thread...

Well I'm now convinced he has to go. There is definitely a decent style of play in there somewhere for pellegrino - but every time it starts to shine through this season he completely ****s it up by reverting to the safe and defensive style.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

There isn't 'definitely a decent style of play in there somewhere for Pellegrino' or if there is the **** has taken far far too long to find out where it is. No excuses, he is a **** poor manager.

Approach Ancelotti/Van Gaal/Another big name.

Offer them 3 million upfront to manage us until the end of the season. Another 7 million if they keep us up. No thought of any longer term commitment.

Cup run not important. Sell it as a chance to scout the league if they decide to return with a bigger team next season.

Lift the fans, players and profile of the club. Show them we are a team to be noticed once again. Wash away the negativity in one stroke and put us back on a positive trajectory.

Make the fans the 12th man, while the board can focus immediately on identifying a long term manager to be appointed in the summer. The Big name manager here at present won't have to worry about his future, any transfers, or pressure from fans, as he merely has to coach the player, backed by an enormous bank of goodwill from the supporters.

He can **** off and take most of the useless ****ing ****s masquerading as professional footballers with him. We need a new manager and a major squad overhaul to many ****e transfer windows have killed us.

Come on Doddy, don't let it get to you. It's only football and all that.

Maybe O’Neil and Keane fancy having a go till the end of this season. If I am right Ireland aren’t going to the World Cup. Imagine the players putting in a performance like this afternoon and then having to go and face Roy Keane in the dressing room.

Would like to see Peter Bosz or Louis van Gaal lift the players and make this squad a team again.

I don't get this "failed manager" prejudice because virtually every manager will "fail" at some point. The issue is selecting a manager who has failed several times!!

I've said it before on another thread a few weeks ago but I would get Strachan in for the remainder of the season. Certainly would not get Hughes, not because he is a failure but because he has little charisma to lift every one. You could argue Keegan would lift everyone but too long out of the game of course but its that type of manager we need for the last 11 games, but actually the next 5 are the key ones. Pray for the Impact a new man "usually gives. Having said I would prefer Strachan, when he came first time we did not get the lift immediately!!!

Stick or Twist on 14 Reed........

He can **** off and take most of the useless ****ing ****s masquerading as professional footballers with him. We need a new manager and a major squad overhaul to many ****e transfer windows have killed us.

I'll maintain the quality of the squad isn't the problem. Burnley are 7th, how many of their players would you want in our squad? I think Southampton's is superior man for man in terms of individual quality... the difference is our manager isn't any good & it is costing us... big time!

Absolute criminal that he is still in a job. I actually think the powers to be want us to gown. A massive asset strip will follow Gao will get original investment back. Reed will pocket a bonus and get a further Liverpool bonus by selling them Boufal....

Club is a joke how can you justify having this title of a manager still here? Grow some swedes admit he is out of depth and get rid.... The players and fans have lost interest in this snooze fest.....

Quincy Promes signing in the summer? Do me a favour you really think he is going to swap European footy for championship footy.....

Fans need to down tools and stop attending games. Time to unite and get this manager and board gone....