Pellegrino OUT

Batman

I guess that sense of urgency about the situation is still 'developing' then.

Les is rolling the dice big time, dreaming that David Hynter might one day write another smug PR piece about how we trusted the process, didn't panic, stuck to our principles and backed Pellegrino to come good. The famed Southampton way still blazing a path to 17th.

Sadly the sane among us know how this will actually end.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I can't believe he used the words 'we are growing' yet again in the MOTD2 post match interview. Totally out of his depth. FFS go now!

He could get away with it if we had totally outplayed Liverpool and lost to a dodgy last minute penalty. But as we were totally out played by a Liverpool side barely trying he just looks like a ****.

If Pellegrino stays, we go down. We ousted Branfoot by making our feelings clear at the ground and in front of the T.V cameras. These are different times and fans are venting frustrations on social media. It isn't working. If we go down this season it will be catastrophic and I genuinely feel that we won't come back this time due to the new owners. We have to take this to the next few games, win draw or lose. One of the fan groups need to take the bull by the horns and say when, where and how. Has to be before/half time/after the games. Otherwise we have done nothing. The Echo will not help, Reed has them in his pocket. So, when where and how?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

oh the whole city would suffer as a result of relegation- think of revenues lost for pubs, hotels, restaurants, cafes etc etc

Would it?

- Our last season in the Championship averaged = 26,420

- This season in the Premier League averaging = 30,691

26,420 x 23 Championship home games = 607,660 total fans

30,691 x 19 Premier League home games = 583,129 total fans

There were actually more fan day trips to the city in our 2011/12 Championship season than any of our Premier League seasons at St Mary's. All those fans potentially also have 23 trips to the pub a year on Championship matchdays rather than 19 in the Premier League.

The extra 4 games would also help bridge the gap in terms of Premier League vs Championship away fan numbers at St Mary's for hotel usage etc as well.

(don't read into this I want Saints to go down, in terms of finances for the club relegation is a disaster)

Edited by Matthew Le God

Would it?

- Our last season in the Championship averaged = 26,420

- This season in the Premier League averaging = 30,691

26,420 x 23 Championship home games = 607,660 total fans

30,691 x 19 Premier League home games = 583,129 total fans

There were actually more fan day trips to the city in our 2011/12 Championship season than any of our Premier League seasons at St Mary's. All those fans potentially also have 23 trips to the pub a year on Championship matchdays rather than 19 in the Premier League.

The extra 4 games would also help bridge the gap in terms of Premier League vs Championship away fan numbers at St Mary's for hotel usage etc as well.

(don't read into this I want Saints to go down, in terms of finances for the club relegation is a disaster)

A more realistic comparison would be with the season after we were last relegated from the PL. The season you used was boosted by the feel good factor of Promotion, JPT and generally winning lots of games. I would suggest average attendance would be more likely to be 23k. Hopefully it would be more than the 17k of the season we dropped down to L1.

If Pellegrino stays, we go down. We ousted Branfoot by making our feelings clear at the ground and in front of the T.V cameras. These are different times and fans are venting frustrations on social media. It isn't working. If we go down this season it will be catastrophic and I genuinely feel that we won't come back this time due to the new owners. We have to take this to the next few games, win draw or lose. One of the fan groups need to take the bull by the horns and say when, where and how. Has to be before/half time/after the games. Otherwise we have done nothing. The Echo will not help, Reed has them in his pocket. So, when where and how?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Nail on head. We have to step up now, the echo is content to be mouthpiece, and while many deride Blackmore's interview with Pellegrino after the Liverpool debacle. Solent give both Blackmore and Merrington in particular a large amount of leeway to talk about the club as openly and honestly as possible. This despite haven their access to non-matchdays cut heavily from previous seasons, and the threat of reduced access on matchdays. Solent ride a very difficult line, and while they can't have their coverage revoked immediately, they can have their job very strenuous.They don't censor the fans feeling on calls texts and do a very honest job under trying circumstances IMO.

In other words - Some media will report on it, but we have to make it happen first. A few old heads from the Ugly may know how.

Nail on head. We have to step up now, the echo is content to be mouthpiece, and while many deride Blackmore's interview with Pellegrino after the Liverpool debacle. Solent give both Blackmore and Merrington in particular a large amount of leeway to talk about the club as openly and honestly as possible. This despite haven their access to non-matchdays cut heavily from previous seasons, and the threat of reduced access on matchdays. Solent ride a very difficult line, and while they can't have their coverage revoked immediately, they can have their job very strenuous.They don't censor the fans feeling on calls texts and do a very honest job under trying circumstances IMO.

In other words - Some media will report on it, but we have to make it happen first. A few old heads from the Ugly may know how.

Yes people unfairly slag off Adam Blackmore for not asking the right questions but if you listen to his interviews he does his best to ask what people want answers to. He has to bear in mind however that if the club think he is hounding the manager or making a mug of him live on air they can make things very difficult for him/Solent.

I'm amazed they get away with Merrington calling him tactically inept as he has on at least two occasions to be honest.

There was a suggestion on Twitter for all Saints fans going to the FA cup game vs WBA to unite and stay in the concourse for the first 10mins as a protest against the manager and board. I thought this was a great idea and would look good on TV. Do you think this could be done?

Yes people unfairly slag off Adam Blackmore for not asking the right questions but if you listen to his interviews he does his best to ask what people want answers to. He has to bear in mind however that if the club think he is hounding the manager or making a mug of him live on air they can make things very difficult for him/Solent.

I'm amazed they get away with Merrington calling him tactically inept as he has on at least two occasions to be honest.

I enjoy listening to Solent through both wins & defeats. They make me feel like I'm in the trenches with them.

Dave Merrington is a treasure & Blackmore is very good (Even though he's not a Saints supporter).

He could get away with it if we had totally outplayed Liverpool and lost to a dodgy last minute penalty. But as we were totally out played by a Liverpool side barely trying he just looks like a ****.

I would go as far as to say that it was possibly one of the easiest games this season for Liverpool. The second 45 minutes was sad to watch. I just didn't enjoy last season at all, not just not winning games but the style of play was boring. This season, I have to be honest, I have only been to three home games this season, the three games I saw were dull, dull, dull. I just can't justify spending the money and coming home saying I didn't enjoy it. I watch every game I can on the Web.

I would go as far as to say that it was possibly one of the easiest games this season for Liverpool. The second 45 minutes was sad to watch. I just didn't enjoy last season at all, not just not winning games but the style of play was boring. This season, I have to be honest, I have only been to three home games this season, the three games I saw were dull, dull, dull. I just can't justify spending the money and coming home saying I didn't enjoy it. I watch every game I can on the Web.

Contrast that with the fight that Newcastle put in. Yes they got a bit lucky but they battled for every ball and tried to win the game vs Utd. Our lot threw in the towel at HT.

I've been to one game this season and think that'll be it bar a cup game if we get through.

Last season was quite bad so only went to a few league games (First one + a couple) but went to all the Europa and league cup home games.

Whereas throughout the Championship and first 4 seasons back in the Premier League I went to at least half the home games and that was probably all the ones I could make.

Streamed the first few this season and realised it was just as bad as last season but this time we can't even defend well so we lose and don't win even more at home!

Plus the people who say the atmosphere has always been bad since we went up are not speaking the truth.

It was better in the championship but not by much, those first 4 seasons the atmosphere was generally great

1st season back wins weren't expected coupled with it being first season back for a long time, next 3 seasons great starts or finishes to the campaign meant many wins and a good atmosphere in most games. Last season was poor bar home to Inter Sparta and Liverpool (cup) and this season even worse. Poor atmosphere makes the value of going to the games much less in my eyes

Contrast that with the fight that Newcastle put in. Yes they got a bit lucky but they battled for every ball and tried to win the game vs Utd. Our lot threw in the towel at HT.

Not gonna defend Our Brave Boys too much, but it's prob easier to fight & battle for every ball when you're not 2-0 down.

Pellegrino won't be sacked. They have had strong opportunities to do so before now, either before or during the Janaury window.

He will stay til the end of the season.

I think we just have to accept that is the way it is. If his job was still on the line, the most important people at this club wouldn't be the other side of the world right now on a jolly in China and, in Les' case, lying on a beach in Thailand since the Brighton game.

I think we just have to accept that is the way it is. If his job was still on the line, the most important people at this club wouldn't be the other side of the world right now on a jolly in China and, in Les' case, lying on a beach in Thailand since the Brighton game.

just goes to show that this ship{SFC}has absolutely no direction or leadership and boy does it show

Just had a breaking news alert pop up on my phone that read "I have to come to decision to resign with immediate effect," . Can you imagine the disappointment when I clicked on it and the article was about Jacob Zuma.

My son-in-Law is in South Africa for a week, working. Then Mr Zumba retires with immediate effect. Hmmm, Too much of a coincidence for me

The way I see it is, the fella is not gonna resign, as much as we’d want him to, he’d be mad to do so from a financial stand point.

And for some reason, probably through not admitting you made a mistake and failed, I don’t think they’re going to sack him, I guess they also don’t want to be paying out millions in compensation and even more millions in a journeyman manager who will command big bucks to try and keep us up.

I reckon they are just going to keep everything crossed and hope we can scrape over the finish line.

Not very forward thinking I know, and it’s a dangerous game to play but it looks like they are willing to play it.

I also think we have left it too late to make the change, so the only other option is to stick with him I guess.

He is not going, that's clear, so we had better get used to it. With the owners in China and the chairman in Canada who is going to make decisions anyway? Seems to me the only people who really care and suffer are the fans. Everyone else is taking a load of money out of the club, it is only us who carry on putting money in. Its one of life's injustuces and we've got to get used to that as well.

Good. I've got no clue what he actually does anyway apart from speak horse shyte periodically for 15 minutes without actually saying anything.

The bloke is terrible. I never hear from any other board types at another clubs with the exception of Charlton at United, but we're talking living legend there not this ice hockey balloon.

Jesus Christ... Ice hockey coach

I feel very angry that Les and Kat avoided splashing out on a top quality replacement for Mane when Kruger's enormous salary could have made a difference. Kruger must be raking in a small fortune from Saints and we'll probably be paying him a wapping pension when he eventually leaves.

Is there any financial benefit from being relegated?. For the life of me I am trying to find a reason why the owner/board seem uninterested in doing absolutely sod all to try and get out of this mess.

If that is true that none of them are even in the bloody country let alone the club is infuriating and sickening

Is there any financial benefit from being relegated?. For the life of me I am trying to find a reason why the owner/board seem uninterested in doing absolutely sod all to try and get out of this mess.

If that is true that none of them are even in the bloody country let alone the club is infuriating and sickening

There is none, just financial stupidity. That did not stop Lowe making a profit in the January 2005 transfer window, nor did it stop Reed/Kruger/Gao making almost ten times that profit level in the January 2018 transfer window. Short term financial profit at the risk of a massive long term loss.

What is it exactly that you think they can do? Changing the manager brings absolutely no guarantees. Look at WBA and Stoke.

There are just no really obvious managerial candidates about at this stage of the season. Our results are down to the players and we can't change all of them.

another day, another absence of activity from the club
Well, it's obvious we're not sacking him before Saturday, and I'll assume that he's safe for Burnley as well - if the board haven't got the wherewithal to sack him for being in the bottom three after 27 matches, then they will easily brush off a cup exit. So you're wasting your time looking at it day by day. It won't be today, it won't be tomorrow, it won't be the next day.

I've given up on us ever sacking him now, apart from maybe with three games to go when we're already down and Kelvin gets to bounce around on the touchline for "the proudest day of my life" on the front of the programme or some such bol locks.

The best guide to our inaction is the transfer windows and this will be much the same. A club utterly destroyed by inertia and appalling non-decisions.

Getting a manager in who has at least some idea of getting the best out of his players would be a start. Swansea are proof that changing a failing manager has its bonuses.

Are you actually suggesting that turning a blind eye and doing nothing is the way to go?.

At this stage of the season yes. It's down to the players, always has been and some of the displays just aren't good enough.

Manager was never good enough and nothing has changed in that respect. The players are good enough and their lack of address and continual errors are what needs to be corrected just now. I mean the Hoedt error on Sunday, the manager can't be held responsable for that. Nor the close range misses that seem to happen most games.

It is a bit of a parody to be honest. We seem to be acting like a newly promoted club who 'expected' to be in a battle, and the fact we're still in touch indicates a good season (see Wanger and Houghton for e.g.). But we're not expected to be here, if the club were unhappy with Claude then I'm truly dumbfounded as to why they haven't acted.

I think they're protecting the brand personally. If we stay up we will be all over the media, make no doubt about it, ''We never waivered, we stood firm in the face of bla bla bla". The fact is that if we do stay up, he still needs to go. So I don't get it.

What is it exactly that you think they can do? Changing the manager brings absolutely no guarantees. Look at WBA and Stoke.

There are just no really obvious managerial candidates about at this stage of the season. Our results are down to the players and we can't change all of them.

No guarantees, agreed. But likelihood, probability. Marco Silva has proved to be an impact manager, and I for one believe he would accrue more points in our final 11 games than Pellegrino, and those points may make the difference between relegation and staying up. No, he couldn't save Hull but they were a corpse when he went there. He won points under his management but were too far behind, he couldn't make up the difference. He went on to do so well at Watford that Everton started courting him. The warning is there that he can be flirted with, but we just need an immediate impact and short term return. I would terminate Pellegrino, or offer him "suitable alternative employment" (legal definition) to avoid the redundancy payment, then bring in Silva on a rolling 3 month contract.

Edited by the saint in winchester

At this stage of the season yes. It's down to the players, always has been and some of the displays just aren't good enough.

Manager was never good enough and nothing has changed in that respect. The players are good enough and their lack of address and continual errors are what needs to be corrected just now. I mean the Hoedt error on Sunday, the manager can't be held responsable for that. Nor the close range misses that seem to happen most games.

Surely getting the players to perform better should be the priority? And that's the job of the manager. No reason at all that someone can't come in to motivate the players better and see a fairly swift upturn in performances.

It is a bit of a parody to be honest. We seem to be acting like a newly promoted club who 'expected' to be in a battle, and the fact we're still in touch indicates a good season (see Wanger and Houghton for e.g.). But we're not expected to be here, if the club were unhappy with Claude then I'm truly dumbfounded as to why they haven't acted.

I think they're protecting the brand personally. If we stay up we will be all over the media, make no doubt about it, ''We never waivered, we stood firm in the face of bla bla bla". The fact is that if we do stay up, he still needs to go. So I don't get it.

The propaganda if we do stay up with this idiot will be completely nauseating. How the club stood by their man and got it right again. No mention of the disgraceful incompetence that got us into this mess. The entire club deserves to get relegated, it's an utter shambles from top to bottom and the Ice Hockey coach, Reed, fat Kat and the oriental nobodies all need to **** off.

Yes, Hoedt made a balls up but Liverpool players were swarming all around him.