Pellegrino OUT

Batman

That's like saying if you give lots of money to charity but you murdered someone, should you still go to prison.

If Pellegrino avoided relegation AND won the Cup, then flew over Pompey the next day and napalmed the place, I'd still want him sacked.

Well, napalming would actually improve the area significantly.

Yeah, great analogy. Getting relegated is just like that, us supporters will feel just like victims families when we go down.

We won’t win the cup, but to do so we’ll probably have to beat 2 of the top 5. If he does that and delivers the second major trophy in our history I hope our supporters will show more class than you’re clearly going to.

I bet you wanted Lawrie out in ‘76 for failing to get us promoted

I don't think you've quite seen the point of my analogy, so I'll try and simplify: Doing something good doesn't excuse you from doing something else much worse.

2 wins against, for e.g. Spurs and Man Utd in the semi and final would not make up for 38 games of abject dross in the League. Yes, it would be a great achievement but the fact that you would judge him on those 2 games and ignore the long list of hopeless league performances, I find remarkable.

What logic are you using here? If he won the cup, would that make him the best man to get us promoted from the Championship? Or would you just reward him for winning the cup, regardless of how he performs next season?

Or would you just reward him for winning the cup, regardless of how he performs next season?

His reward for winning the cup would be not getting sacked. His future after that would be down to results that season. What’s the alternative. He wins the cup then gets sacked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

His reward for winning the cup would be not getting sacked. His future after that would be down to results that season. What’s the alternative. He wins the cup then gets sacked.

Yes, that’s exactly what I’d do.

If he takes us down, do you think he is the right man to get us promoted?

If he wins the cup and keeps us up he'd still deserve the sack.

He has overseen an absolute mess of a 29 game league campaign so far. To win the cup he'd have beaten... Fulham, Watford, West Brom, Wigan and probably 2 of Spurs, Man Utd & Chelsea. One League 1 team, one Championship team, two not so great PL teams and two very good Premier League teams.

Winning our second major trophy would be great of course, but a 6 game cup run isn't enough to patch over the disastrous bread & butter of the league campaign. It is a real struggle to see any redeeming features from how Pellegrino has set Saints up this season. If he remains in charge next season it is hard to see him having a better league season as he is out of his depth.

Edited by Matthew Le God

The question was, “where are the points going to come from” a few weeks ago, now it’s “where/who are the goals going to come from”.

When was the last time we got a penalty? Seem to have had very few, West Ham game aside.

Hard to win a penalty when you never get the ball or players into the opposition box.

We have to be positive from the start http://bit.ly/2FclQOs #saintsfc

Just how on earth can our clown say this (posted on Echo twitter)?? Maybe by starting two forwards and not being afraid to try and win a game for a change?? As I have said before - he is the not the biggest culprit - Reed is, but MP is clearly out of his depth and not learning anything whatsoever.

Just watched "The Darkest Hour" - now that is the sort of grit we need - not some namby pamby excuse to lie down and die. Unfortunately we do not have anything resembling a Churchill (other than the Churchill nodding dog kowtowing to new owners - which is quite ironic really if this wasn't a desperate situation)

If he wins the cup and keeps us up he'd still deserve the sack.

He has overseen an absolute mess of a 29 game league campaign so far. To win the cup he'd have beaten... Fulham, Watford, West Brom, Wigan and probably 2 of Spurs, Man Utd & Chelsea. One League 1 team, one Championship team, two not so great PL teams and two very good Premier League teams.

Winning our second major trophy would be great of course, but a 6 game cup run isn't enough to patch over the disastrous bread & butter of the league campaign. It is a real struggle to see any redeeming features from how Pellegrino has set Saints up this season. If he remains in charge next season it is hard to see him having a better league season as he is out of his depth.

So what did you think of Lawrie’s 1975/76 attempt at gaining promotion, after all it was under him we got relegated (you probably thought he was out of his depth in ‘73). Did you complain that we only beat a 4th division side in the quarters and a third division side in the semis. Was a 6 game cup run enough to gloss over his absolute failure to secure promotion?

So what did you think of Lawrie’s 1975/76 attempt at gaining promotion, after all it was under him we got relegated (you probably thought he was out of his depth in ‘73). Did you complain that we only beat a 4th division side in the quarters and a third division side in the semis. Was a 6 game cup run enough to gloss over his absolute failure to secure promotion?

That was over 40 years ago ffs, the game has totally changed since then.

Do you argue with your own shadow by chance?.

Well so far that's not really holding up for this season, is it?

Unless our expectation is to become the smallest club in the world.

That was over 40 years ago ffs, the game has totally changed since then.

Do you argue with your own shadow by chance?.

Saint Billy, the more that L Duck posts the more he reinforces what I said to him in a post the other day. :lol:

Actually I am surprised that anyone bothers to respond to him as he is an obvious wind up merchant / troll. :lol:

Alex Crook is total rubbish, but even he sometimes gets something right by guesswork. My thoughts are that the right replacement couldn't be found earlier, or now, and Saints think it's too late anyway now and would be more disruptive to sack him than hang on and hope.

I'm guessing that, in the background, Les Reed (who was on the dressing room Saturday), Kelvin and others are really taking over the reins and MP is a dead man walking.

Pellegrino has never looked like a leader, but even less so now. I'm pretty sure the changes that have worked (McCarthy, Sims, dropping Redmond although he's come back better) weren't decided by MP.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Like Crook would know what’s going on.

Think it’s oretty obvious Pellegrino is going to be sacked at the end of the season because he is ****e.

This is so probable, even Crook could guess it. And I'm sure the replacement names suggested are a total guess, albeit fairly predictable.

Edited by Shroppie

LOL at anyone who thinks we’re going to win the FA Cup...not a chance. Not surprised in the slightest that MP is still here...there’s no way Reed could justify spurning another £x millions on comp for MP and I would wager that if we stay up, he’ll be given another season.

Alex Crook is total rubbish, but even he sometimes gets something right by guesswork. My thoughts are that the right replacement couldn't be found earlier, or now, and Saints think it's too late anyway now and would be more disruptive to sack him than hang on and hope.

I'm guessing that, in the background, Les Reed (who was on the dressing room Saturday), Kelvin and others are really taking over the reins and MP is a dead man walking.

Pellegrino has never looked like a leader, but even less so now. I'm pretty sure the changes that have worked (McCarthy, Sims, dropping Redmond although he's come back better) weren't decided by MP.

If any of that is true, it’s an absolute farce! Why on earth we are risking our premier league survival by keeping him in place is beyond me, particularly if it’s true he is now not trusted to run things on his own. It would explain why the team look so confused though!

Do you honestly think Reed would get another unproven premiership manager in again?

Ha ha probably yes!

Still think it will be Howe as it’s on his doorstep and he needs a new challenge.

I'd like it to be Howe but think he'd pass on it

We've had a criteria of wanting a manager who has implemented his style at at least two clubs so I'm not sure Potter fits. I think its just a bit of a hipsters/ex player choice/link than anything substantial. Jokanavic impresses me alot. Plays an attractive style and good with youth. I'm surprised we or anyone hasn't taken a chance on him before tbh.

We've had a criteria of wanting a manager who has implemented his style at at least two clubs so I'm not sure Potter fits. I think its just a bit of a hipsters/ex player choice/link than anything substantial. Jokanavic impresses me alot. Plays an attractive style and good with youth. I'm surprised we or anyone hasn't taken a chance on him before tbh.

If he takes Fulham up do you honestly think he'd come to us?

The Mirror is reporting that we're sacking him at the end of the season whether we stay up or not. Fulham's Jokanovic and Ostersunds Graham Potter lined up as replacements.....

If he takes Fulham up do you honestly think he'd come to us?

No, probably not. It's mean of me, I know, but have been hoping Fulham miss out on promotion as he would be my choice for manager next season. He has the experience now of the English game and believe he would be a good fit. Agree that if he takes Fulham up there's zero chance of him jumping ship to us.

Jokanavic - article from The Independent

The point sounds obvious but to Slavisa Jokanovic it was a vindication that he had been right all along. “I am working here in England, I want English people, or people who know what the English game is.” Matt Targett, Cyrus Christie and Aleksandar Mitrovic all signed for Fulham in late January, and have reignited Fulham’s push for promotion back to the Premier League.

Jokanovic speaks in a low growl but when he looks back on the triumph of the transfer window, he starts to get animated. “All these three players came to the training ground, opened their bags, put on their boots and played football. I don’t have time now, in this level, to bring in people from another part [of the world]. Especially with 12 games in front of us. I need people who know about driving the car in the English style. Who know what life in England is.”

That is what Jokanovic got in January, but it has not always been so simple during his time at Craven Cottage. His two years there have been characterised by progress on the pitch, some of the best passing football in the division, but a political war over signings that has only just been resolved in Jokanovic’s favour.

• READ MORE

Sessegnon could be as good as Gareth Bale, insists Targett

For too long, Fulham’s director of statistical research Craig Kline had too much say over transfers. He was a close friend of Tony Khan, the son of owner Shahid Khan, and was bizarrely given control of transfer policy. Using his own secret algorithms, Kline vetoed good signings and made bad ones, much to Jokanovic’s exasperation. It all ended in tears: Shahid Khan was finally persuaded to sack Kline last October. Kline called the police.

Since Kline’s departure, club sources have noticed how much more relaxed and happy Jokanovic is. He no longer has to fight battles over transfer policy and he is no longer imposed with players he has no idea what to do with. Speaking to The Independent in his office at Craven Cottage, he still looks back on the summer transfer window – the last of the Kline era – as a missed opportunity.

This guy sounds just what we need. An old fashioned manager with a vision. Hopefully Reed will yield control and allow this guy to operate.

Edited by the saint in winchester

Graham potter linked.

Boil my head now!

Just think, these are the names to wet our whistle before the real dross comes in

You'd have shat the bed if we hired the Swansea manager yet some of us were calling for him in Pre-season.

The absolute bottom line is that Reed and the board are responsible, and things will not improve until they are removed.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Edited by Saint86

It screams desperate, but if we do make a very, very last minute change I could see Kelvin Davis and Radhi Jaidi being asked to step in.

If nothing else the fans would get behind them. Obviously they could prove to be another Dodd/Gorman disaster, but you never know...

It screams desperate, but if we do make a very, very last minute change I could see Kelvin Davis and Radhi Jaidi being asked to step in.

If nothing else the fans would get behind them. Obviously they could prove to be another Dodd/Gorman disaster, but you never know...

But they wouldn't/couldn't be any worse than the current regime...........

No, I for one wouldn’t be behind them. That would be the cheapest, worst thought out, cop-out of an appointment since Wigley. I have no idea what Kelvin is supposed to bring to the club as it is anyway. I’m sure he’s a nice bloke and popular in the dressing room but he’s not exactly a font of world class goalkeeping technique.

No, I for one wouldn’t be behind them. That would be the cheapest, worst thought out, cop-out of an appointment since Wigley. I have no idea what Kelvin is supposed to bring to the club as it is anyway. I’m sure he’s a nice bloke and popular in the dressing room but he’s not exactly a font of world class goalkeeping technique.

You dont have to be great at what you used to do to be a decent coach. There are plenty of top class tennis coaches who didnt win much in their careers. Football wise Lawrie Mac had a modest playing career before he became a manager. That is not to say that Kelvin is or could be a top coach of course!

Kelvin will take over the last couple of games when we're already down and we eventually sack the clown Pellegrino.

He'll give it the usual chat about how proud he is and what a shame it is in these circumstances. And then lose both or all three matches in true David Unsworth style.

What a season.

Looking forward to Alex Crook's 'like I exclusively reported back in March...' tweet when Pellegrino gets the most obvious sacking of all time.

Not that I'll see it. He blocked me for correcting him.

No one else has reported it though. If you read/heard blackmore and Leitch, you would not be so sure

Hard to see it as relevant if you're among those who think it's relegation under Pellegrino. For me, at this stage, any roll of the dice beats what I believe to be certain relegation under him.

With MoPe, as ludicrous as it feels to say it, we could scrape our way to survival through bore draws, a surprise win or 2 against an underperforming crap team and (mainly if we’re being honest) because 3 other teams are even worse than us.

With Kelvin and Rahdi we could easily become a hopeless, 6 straight defeats, relegation team like West Brom or Villa and Sunderland in recent years. One was a championship goalkeeper, the other is a mediocre U23 coach who really hasn’t moved any mountains even at that level.

Cue the "yes but Adkins.... don’t need to be a top player to be a good manger... but you never know... etc." Posts but for every Adkins, Wenger etc. There are a thousand Dodds and Wigleys. It’s the managerial equivalent of being in massive debt, so scraping together the last of your savings and sticking it all on 23 on a roulette table.